Photo

Screenshot of the Week 417

Supindahood JJ83 Franky

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 417 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

Supindahood
Supindahood.png
screen4win

JJ83
JJ83.jpg
Just looking at this temple gives me the chills!!

Franky
Franky.png

#2 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

Voted for Supindahood: I love those mountain tiles, as well as the steps the Link is about to go down. The screen gives me a Link's Awakening feel, which is good. It's nice to see my Link sprites being used as well... I probably should get around to finishing those.  :whistle:

JJ83: It's really hard to distinguish the different elements on the screen because of the snow. I'm sure it looks a little better animated though. I like the idea of the huge Classic tileset temple entrances that take up a whole screen.

Franky: I just don't think that it is quite SoTW standard. Keep in mind however that not every screen of a quest has to be SoTW worthy, so it's still a good, classic, old-school Pure screen, but just doesn't have the 'wow' factor that SoTW winners should have.

Edited by Bourkification, 01 July 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#3 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

Supindahood! What tileset is that? Custom? Either way, it looks AWESOME :).

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Supindahood homie? :D

You got my vote son!

/me stops talkin' gangster. :P

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Wow, JJ83's screen looks pretty cold. Voted for it :D

That's how the best dungeons begin! Now the inside of the dungeon has to be as awesome.

Edited by Avataro, 01 July 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Supindahood - The new graphics are nice, but I'm very tired of seeing this type of screen.

JJ83 - Can't really tell what's going on inside of the mountains, one tile from the edge of the screen, but otherwise, it seems like an alright and creative use of Classic.

Franky - Voted here. I feel it has the best composition, and may not be the most unique type of screen, but it's still not one we see often. Plus, I just like its looks.

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Supindahood: It's a very typical screen, but you pulled it off really well. Even with my regular bias against incomplete tilesets this gets a 9/10.

JJ83brams: It looks like it could be a very solid classic shot, but the snow layer kinda gets in the way and cset 7 doesn't work too well for ice. I give this a 5/10, but don't let that get you down. It has the potential to be a great screen.

Franky: This is a pretty good screen. My only real complaint is the placement of those snowbanks looks a bit odd. I give it an 8/10.

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Supindahood: It's a very typical screen, but you pulled it off really well. Even with my regular bias against incomplete tilesets this gets a 9/10.

The tileset is easily as complete as the Pure tileset for an example.

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

The tileset is easily as complete as the Pure tileset for an example.

Oh? I had thought that you were still working on the dungeon, enemy, and item tiles. Guess I shouldn't judge a tileset by it's cover or something like that...:P

#10 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

I voted for Franky. 

Supindahood, I feel like I've seen that screen a million times before. I like the graphics, but they don't mean much unless creativity really helps it.

JJ83...I don't even know what's going on there..

#11 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Supindahood gets my vote. Slightly better than JJ83 for me.

#12 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Voted for Supindahood: I love those mountain tiles, as well as the steps the Link is about to go down. The screen gives me a Link's Awakening feel, which is good. It's nice to see my Link sprites being used as well... I probably should get around to finishing those.  :whistle:

JJ83: It's really hard to distinguish the different elements on the screen because of the snow. I'm sure it looks a little better animated though. I like the idea of the huge Classic tileset temple entrances that take up a whole screen.

Franky: I just don't think that it is quite SoTW standard. Keep in mind however that not every screen of a quest has to be SoTW worthy, so it's still a good, classic, old-school Pure screen, but just doesn't have the 'wow' factor that SoTW winners should have.

Yeah I'll try to maybe change the trees or some of the colors.  I'm no graphics expert or anything and please note I just started doing ZC again about a month and a half ago so of course I'm not gonna be that great yet.  xD

JJ83brams: It looks like it could be a very solid classic shot, but the snow layer kinda gets in the way and cset 7 doesn't work too well for ice. I give this a 5/10, but don't let that get you down. It has the potential to be a great screen.

Well, I'm open to suggestions if you have any.  Again, I just started up ZC not too long ago so my designs & color scheming are a bit iffy right now.  I know a lot of people here have higher expectations and it can be tough to meet them.  But I wish to damn well try.  :3

#13 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

Had to vote for Sup. Not that fond of the new mountains or palette but it's still the best screen.

JJ83, I like the idea and it's unfortunate that the snow obscures so much of the shot (I know this is much less of an issue when it's animated), however the execution isn't the best. The shape of the mountain is kind of ambiguous (is the temple sitting in a crater?) and the AoL pillars don't match anything else in the scene.

Franky, nice composition but palette needs work. Is it supposed to be covered in snow or ash? It's an odd colour choice for either of those, so I'm kind of confused.

#14 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Oh? I had thought that you were still working on the dungeon, enemy, and item tiles. Guess I shouldn't judge a tileset by it's cover or something like that...:P

It's an overworld screen; what does the completeness of dungeon, enemy, and items have to do with anything? It's SCREENSHOT of the week, not tileset of the week. The screen itself seems pretty complete to me.

#15 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Supindahood-

• Positive: The tileset and graphics look great and attention to details is also good
  • Negative: However, this screen isn't exactly unique and is very typical
  • Rating: 8/10

JJ83-

• Positive: Nice use of the classic tileset and also would be an amazing entrance to a dungeon
  • Negative: The snow makes it difficult to see and distinguish the screenshot (I know it looks better animated)
  • Rating: 7.5/10

Franky-

• Positive: Looks very nice and the falling snow is small enough that it doesn't obscure the screenshot itself; it just looks good; seems unique
  • Negative: The snow banks need a little bit of palette work to make it look like actually snow and not ash (or something like that)
  • Rating: 9/10

Franky it is!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supindahood, JJ83, Franky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users