Photo

Screenshot of the Week 183

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 183 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:04 PM

Voted for Xavier.

ennonfenom: Really nice tiles and they are put together extreme nicely, plus it has a so so great feeling... Almost voted here. I bet Link can get up there only if Cut Man throws him up... (Newgrounds reference.)

Bowser Blanchette: A BS dungeon room that is as empty as a BS dungeon usually is, but now it's not that bad.

Xavier: I love mountaintop views and I so so like that house plus the whole screen has very very nice feeling.

Octorokoncrack: Again, a BS screen that is better than expected. Pretty for a BS screen.

#17 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

ennonfenom - Link doesn't really match, good background though icon_eek.gif

Bowser Blanchette & Octorockoncrack - Just typical shots, not bad but not great enough to vote for

Xavier - That cloud better be animated icon_twisted.gif

voted for Xavier.

#18 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

Xavier FTW! I see you didn't steal the subscreen background.

BTW Nathaniel, how great does a shot have to be for it to be 10/10? I personallly think you shouldn't do a rating system.

#19 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Nov 4 2007, 02:32 PM) View Post

BTW Nathaniel, how great does a shot have to be for it to be 10/10? I personallly think you shouldn't do a rating system.

It's his method of telling you how good he thinks the shot is, how drastic you would need to change the things he doesn't like to get a 10. It's just an opinion anyway, don't take it TOO closely to heart, otherwise you'll just be trying to please everyone again. icon_shrug.gif And that just leads to tears.

Anyway, I voted Xavier... Ennon's really nice, if you put in a custom sprite, or a bigger sprite to match the sidescrolling, it would have been better.

Edited by Nuvo, 04 November 2007 - 05:26 PM.

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Nov 4 2007, 04:32 PM) View Post

Personally, 10/10 would be among the most rare of ratings for me to give. 0/10 would only be given if the screenshot is just a blank screen, for example (which would probably not make it into the competition to begin with). In other words, nothing was really done. 10/10 would have to be complete out of this world, gaga, or OMG without a second thought. Oh, and you may think that I shouldn't do a rating system, but I will politely disagree. I find it to be a good way to express how good or bad of a screenshot I think it is. And like Nuvo said, don't take it too seriously or personally. If I criticize, I do so in a polite manner, so that only the most sensitive mind that is only looking for praise would be angered or offended by it. After all, it's important to be constructive and let people know what I see in my mind at least. On a different note, while I don't work in ZQuest myself, I know what is pleasing to my eyes, and I have a good general understanding of ZQuest's capabilities based on what I have seen from playing many quests.

#21 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Nov 4 2007, 04:14 PM) View Post

Personally, 10/10 would be among the most rare of ratings for me to give. 0/10 would only be given if the screenshot is just a blank screen, for example (which would probably not make it into the competition to begin with). In other words, nothing was really done. 10/10 would have to be complete out of this world, gaga, or OMG without a second thought. Oh, and you may think that I shouldn't do a rating system, but I will politely disagree. I find it to be a good way to express how good or bad of a screenshot I think it is. And like Nuvo said, don't take it too seriously or personally. If I criticize, I do so in a polite manner, so that only the most sensitive mind that is only looking for praise would be angered or offended by it. After all, it's important to be constructive and let people know what I see in my mind at least. On a different note, while I don't work in ZQuest myself, I know what is pleasing to my eyes, and I have a good general understanding of ZQuest's capabilities based on what I have seen from playing many quests.

Well if it's constructive, then I guess it can be all right. But there are still some cocky-criticising users in SotW.

#22 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Nuvo @ Nov 4 2007, 01:49 PM) View Post

Ennon's really nice, if you put in a custom sprite, or a bigger sprite to match the sidescrolling, it would have been better.

is it even possible to put a bigger sprite in the newest alpha build?

#23 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, just press x when setting the Link sprite.

#24 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:39 PM

xavier FTW love that shot

#25 Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:30 AM

My vote went to Xavier. The screen has a nice feel to it. I'm not sure if that's a custom palette or not, but it looks good regardless.

#26 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:42 AM

I see what you guys mean, when i look at it, i saw the big area of little trees. Just a couple smart changes and i could of had more votes. If i would have thought, it would have looked like this...

IPB Image

I forgot to put the top of the one tree in there icon_eek.gif ...

oh well im to lazy to put it in there now, just pretend it's there icon_deformed.gif

#27 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:59 AM

well here is an update to my screen
IPB Image

#28 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:33 AM

I didn't have problem with small Link, but big Link looks even better there. Though, the whole thing would be probably strange without true moving sidescrolling.
(I'd still vote for Xavier.)

#29 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

Very nice big Link tiles, ennon. icon_thumbsup.gif

#30 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:49 PM

That new screen is quite the improvement Octo, although the cactus does look rather out of place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users