Photo

Screenshot of the Week 610

Eggman666 Maikeru D. Shinigami Joelmacool Dimentio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 610 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

Maikeru D. Shinigami
Maikeru%20D.%20Shinigami.png
"I grow weary of these incessant vermin among this aerial transportation device."

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
Something I made out of curiosity. Nothing Special.

Eggman666
Eggman666.gif

Dimentio
Dimentio.png
Goddamn Keese! I just came here for cheesecake, not death!

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

I like Joel's and Dimentio's screen but in the end I voted for Joel cause it uses my tiles. ;D

• Eddy, Jared, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#3 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

Maikeru:
Wow. You come with this basic shot when everyone else brings their A game. Go bury yourself in a hole.

Eggman:
I always enjoy the structure and colors of your screens. Sometimes it is difficult to compare them to other shots since your style is very differen. Overall, it is a very good shoot.

Joel:
Love it. I think the reason I have been positive but not ecstatic on your recent shots is just cause the colors weren't meshing well with me. This however, I really enjoy. Purple is my favorite color. So that might have something to so with it. But I also like the clouds. It has atmosphere.

However...

Best shot is Dimentio's.
I love the depth of the screen. The left side with its puzzle and the right side with its design. I enjoy when a screen goes to multiple levels/floors. And this one just works together flawlessly. I also love water and the vines hanging off the walls.

No real critique. Except for that Maikeru guy. Step up yo game son.
  • Deedee likes this

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

Had to give it to Eggman for the great sense of open space. Not easy to achieve.

#5 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

I adore the setting in Eggman666's shot even more than those in his other foresty shots. It's shadowy, mysterious, tranquil... even magical.

Maikeru's is rather industrial and simple but gets the job done. Joelmacool's shot has attitude, but I'm not really compelled by the setting. Dimentio's shot is majorly creative, but I find the perspective a tad confusing.

Great showing all in all. :)
  • Rambly likes this

#6 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

Giving this to Dimentio. It has that good consistency for me and barely better over Eggman's for me

#7 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

Some really good shots this week. I ended up voting for Eggman's because this shot really reminds me of actually being outside, which not many Zelda Classic screens remind me of. I like the vines and the different variations in bushes. And I like that a cave entrance is not just a solid black square in a wall, but like a real cave, an overhang. Dimentio's was good but felt a little crowded and Joel's was also good but the pallets is just a little too bright, candy colored. And it is a location that has been done many times before. Maikeru's was fine but not on the same level as the other shots in my opinion.

-Strike
  • Cukeman likes this

#8 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

I adore the setting in Eggman666's shot even more than those in his other foresty shots. It's shadowy, mysterious, tranquil... even magical.

Maikeru's is rather industrial and simple but gets the job done. Joelmacool's shot has attitude, but I'm not really compelled by the setting. Dimentio's shot is majorly creative, but I find the perspective a tad confusing.

Great showing all in all. :)

Some really good shots this week. I ended up voting for Eggman's because this shot really reminds me of actually being outside, which not many Zelda Classic screens remind me of. I like the vines and the different variations in bushes. And I like that a cave entrance is not just a solid black square in a wall, but like a real cave, an overhang. Dimentio's was good but felt a little crowded and Joel's was also good but the pallets is just a little too bright, candy colored. And it is a location that has been done many times before. Maikeru's was fine but not on the same level as the other shots in my opinion.

-Strike

It's fine, when I submit shots, I want to use them more as a showcase than anything. So I appreciate the simple words for my shot. As long as it's good, that's great.

In due time, perhaps I will contribute something epic.

#9 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

I'm afraid I can't really vote in this contest due to "co-authorial" bias since Dimentio and I are still working on HF and Dimentio's screenshot is from his work on level 4 of HF. there's some pretty good ones this week.

• Deedee likes this

#10 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Great screenshots this week but i have to go with Eggman666's screenshot. Just the shadows, lighting, it just looks amazing.

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

Maikeru D. Shinigami - Pretty neat structure and I like the overall layout, though I'm not sold on the colours. It seems like you just used CSet 5 or something, and most people know I'm generally against Sprite CSets like this. I would probably try to use an actual palette since it would make the screen look nicer IMO. Also, is the water to the left side shallow water? If it is, then cool, but if it isn't I would suggest using the other kind of water tiles so you can clearly tell the difference between shallow and deep water.

Joelmacool - Really nice shot. I love the overall design and Shane's tiles are used really well. Good job overall with this one, looks like a very fun dungeon to go through.

Eggman666 - Probably one of your best screenshots. I absolutely love this shot. It's got great atmosphere and it generally looks amazing. I am kinda interested to see what other types of places you can make rather than just forests, though. I imagine with the quality you have in these recent screens, we could see some pretty neat stuff with other settings.

Dimentio - Pretty interesting screen. I like the different layers of depth and the overall screen design looks pretty nice. Got no real complaints with it, good job!

Very close between Eggman and Joel, but I went with Eggman this week.

• Avaro likes this

#12 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Maikeru D. Shinigami - Pretty neat structure and I like the overall layout, though I'm not sold on the colours. It seems like you just used CSet 5 or something, and most people know I'm generally against Sprite CSets like this. I would probably try to use an actual palette since it would make the screen look nicer IMO. Also, is the water to the left side shallow water? If it is, then cool, but if it isn't I would suggest using the other kind of water tiles so you can clearly tell the difference between shallow and deep water.

I used CSet5, on the mountains. And I might have on the water too. Not 100% sure. But I'll look into it. And thanks for the suggestion the water. It's definitely meant to not be shallow.
  • Eddy likes this

#13 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

If Polaris submits something you can be sure it will be used. Like the wolves to the lambs.

Voted for Eggman. I am still a bit unsatisfied. Tree did set a really high standard for DoR after all.

#14 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

With 38.30% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 610 is Eggman666!

Eggman666.gif

Congrats on the win, Eggman666!!

Voting totals:
- Maikeru D. Shinigami - 1 vote [2.13%]
- Joelmacool - 17 votes [36.17%]
- Eggman666 - 18 votes [38.30%]
- Dimentio - 11 votes [23.40%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eggman666, Maikeru D. Shinigami, Joelmacool, Dimentio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users