Strato's Music

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Blitz sounds much better now; the instruments seem to fit it a lot better now. It sounds... perhaps a bit restrained to be a final dungeon theme, but other than that, it's great.

#17 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Thank you very much for your feedback. I have now produced what I feel is a near-final version of "Blitz".

Blitz MP3 (Tindeck Link)
Blitz MIDI

All that I need is an end/loop tail.

Oh, and by the way, this is something I've taken interest in lately. I am going to attempt to write some songs in the same vein as songs from Kirby Super Star. Today, after listening to some songs from it, I was very pleased, I forgot how good the soundtrack is from it.

https://www.youtube....feature=related

This will also help me learn to write some songs with a bit more of a positive tone. I use minor keys and chord progressions far too often. My music for the most part is way too serious.

Edited by Strato, 10 August 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#18 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

You might want to look into the music of SD3, too. It's one of the best SNES soundtracks I know. It's fairly upbeat and always kind of magical.
Edit: You are right about Kirby Superstar. Wonderful soundtrack.

Edited by Yoshimi, 08 August 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#19 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

As of this update, I have finished Blitz.

Blitz and the newest version of Traps have been uploaded to the PZC DB. Look out for them.

Blitz MIDI
Blitz MP3 (Tindeck Link)

Traps MIDI
Unfortunately, my MIDI-MP3 converter hasn't done such a good job on Traps, so I'm holding off on its MP3 for now.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Russ and Yoshimi.

I will definitely look into some SD3 music for inspiration. 2 of the songs I wrote for THP actually did have some inspiration from SD3. One was called Steel Sparks.

Steel Sparks
Great boss MIDI
I'm not sure exactly what song inspired this one, but it was one of the boss themes.

The other was Holy Realm
Holy Realm

At least my initial attempts at writing a song for a Holy place came from SD3, this strayed quite far away from the initial plan...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NDWui9hW0Rg

Sometime, I'm going to try to write a song like SD3 holy land, one of my favorite video game songs.

Edited by Strato, 10 August 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#20 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

Um, no real composition updates today, I was working on some custom graphics, so there may be some music coming for a possible project that I may be starting in the near future.

I have, however, uploaded 3 THP OST songs to the PZC DB.

Today, I will point out a few songs which, in my opinion, are among my best compositions.

Dark Day (THP)
Inspired by one of the themes from Golden Sun, I don't remember which. I think it's the one at the very beginning where Mt. Aleph is erupting or something. Wrote this for The Hylian Phoenix.

Forest (THP)
This song is remarkable in the fact that there is no direct inspiration I can attribute this to. This is one of my most original songs.

Tezzek Tower
Wrote this for my own quest project a while back. I drew much inspiration from Secret of Evermore's Hall of Collosia. Even pretty much taking the harp effect wholesale. Except SoE's Hall of Collosia theme is more impressive since it's written in 7/8 or something like that.

Edited by Strato, 12 August 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#21 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Today's project is Neo Steam!

So, I wrote a song for the Steaming Systems, a dungeon in CastChaos' "Ballad of a Bloodline".

Steam
Well, the MIDI has more than a few problems including but not limited to:
  • Bugged MIDI events
  • Random, senseless bassline
  • Random, senseless background chords
  • MIDI overload
  • Quantizing Issues (I recorded the "melodies" live with a midi keyboard)

So, I've decided to reform the song from the ground up, it's a bit different, but I think the beat's pretty cool so far. It's a work in progress.

Neo Steam

#22 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'll have you know that I will be using your midis in a quest. There are so many beautiful pieces here that I don't feel the need to even go look for any on VGMusic! I was also wondering, your THP music, some of the tunes sounded very catchy and I was wondering if it would be alright with you, nicklegends, and Nuvo if I made some other tracks based off of these tunes? These are works of art and I am at a loss of anything negative to say about them. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Sepulcher, 25 September 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Strato @ Aug 17 2012, 09:05 PM) View Post

How did I not see this until now. Steam was one of my favorite songs in BoaB, and a remix of it is always welcome. It definitely has a different feel to it. Much more ordered and less chaotic, which is kinda good and bad at the same time, depending on what area it's the midi for. But overall, I love it.

#24 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for your feedback, Sepulcher and Russ.

I finished Neo Steam a while ago, here are some links:

Neo Steam MP3
Neo Steam MIDI download
Neo Steam DB Submission (please rate)

I'd also like the point potential readers to my sig, I do take custom MIDI requests and am more than happy to write when I have the time.

@Sepulcher

I wouldn't mind you taking inspiration from the THP midis and even writing in the same style, just please refrain from using specific motifs/melodies employed in the songs themselves.

#25 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE(Strato @ Oct 10 2012, 02:50 AM) View Post

Thanks for your feedback, Sepulcher and Russ.

I finished Neo Steam a while ago, here are some links:

Neo Steam MP3
Neo Steam MIDI download
Neo Steam DB Submission (please rate)

I'd also like the point potential readers to my sig, I do take custom MIDI requests and am more than happy to write when I have the time.

@Sepulcher

I wouldn't mind you taking inspiration from the THP midis and even writing in the same style, just please refrain from using specific motifs/melodies employed in the songs themselves.

I understand you, taking inspiration and using a similar style was what I was talking about. icon_smile.gif Thanks!

#26 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:37 AM

Anyone have an archive of Experiment and/or Experiment2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users