• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:45 AM

http://www.newmoonmo...ance-best-kiss/

I have no faith in the human race. I didn't have any to begin with. But this make me lose even more somehow.

#2 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:56 AM

Eww. *shudders*

I still don't see the appeal in a vampire romance/suspense. I mean, c'mon... cliche isn't even a strong enough word for what goes on in those books. (and the movie)

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

Well, it was actually a fairly decent movie. Not exactly best picture worthy, but decent. I have to say though, I'm not too impressed with either Edward's or Bella's actors though. They just weren't too good.

Oh, and Lost, there's more to it then just a love story. There's also the epic battles. An I wouldn't exactly say cliche. Cliche means, well, it's already been used a bit too much. You cannot tell me too many people have gone for the "girl torn between lover vampire and best friend werewolf while vampire stalker seeks her life" idea before. icon_razz.gif

#4 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:48 AM

I just saw Twilight and it wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be. The one thing I hated though was how more than half of the movie was the two main characters literally just staring at each other as the camera moved slowly around and played slow emotional music. BLECH!!! 5 movie awards? Maybe 1 ... ugh icon_rolleyes.gif

#5 Kira-san

Kira-san

Experienced Forumer

• Banned

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

Oh. My. God.

I honestly hate the book series. I can't stand those fat vampire obsessed girls in my school with Twilight T-shirts and crushes on Edward Cullen, who is like the ugliest vampire ever, amirite?

Vampire Lord (Yugioh card) is way hotter than Edward Cullen. >> And people call me weird for still playing Yugioh.

Edited by Kira-san, 02 June 2009 - 05:41 PM.

#6 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Kira-san @ Jun 2 2009, 04:40 PM) View Post

Oh. My. God.
I honestly hate the book series. I can't stand those fat vampire obsessed girls in my school with Twilight T-shirts and crushes on Edward Cullen, who is like the ugliest vampire ever, amirite?
Vampire Lord (Yugioh card) is way hotter than Edward Cullen. >> And people call me weird for still playing Yugioh.

Hahahahaha!! That's the best comment ever ... it's not very nice but it's hilarious hahaha icon_lol.gif

#7 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

This is strange. Strange strange teens. I really don't have a comment about the book or the movie, having read/seen neither, except for the fact that I saw a brief clip on TV and it looks horrendously (well fine.. it looked OK, but you know, not GREAT). A GREAT movie is something like Terminator, or Star Trek, or Up!, but Twilight? Ooh, Angsty Vampires (yawn, has been done before, with more blood-- it's called Underworld icon_smile.gif )

Anyways, I'll read the book and get back to ya, but all and all, 5 awards? Please.

#8 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

It wasn't, in fact, a horrible movie. I was surprised at how good it was. I was skeptical at first; my mom made me watch it, and I liked it. So, then, I started reading the books.

I'm really looking forward to New Moon in November. It's the best in the series because Edward is gone for most of the story, and so there's less obsessing and a lot more ACTION. Bonuses include Bella on a motorcycle and WEREWOLVES. Sorry for that spoiler, just in the event that any of you haters actually cared.

Bottom line, I could see it getting 5 awards, just the awards it received weren't the ones I was expecting.

I gotta say, though, Rob Pattenson was a good choice for Edward, he did a great job as Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 04 June 2009 - 07:05 PM.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

The story is all the same...

Do I like the vampire or the werewolf? Vampire...or werewolf? 99% of the books, from what I've heard.

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

Wow. I have underestimated MTV's capacity for pandering. I shall not make that mistake again.

Heheh... it's gonna be so funny when I have kids who watch MTV. I'll be able to point out that I watched it when I was their age, and it hasn't changed much since then, except for having less music and more crappy reality shows. icon_wink.gif

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Jun 4 2009, 05:03 PM) View Post

I'm really looking forward to New Moon in November. It's the best in the series because Edward is gone for most of the story, and so there's less obsessing and a lot more ACTION. Bonuses include Bella on a motorcycle and WEREWOLVES. Sorry for that spoiler, just in the event that any of you haters actually cared.

I wouldn't say it's the best. Sure, Edward's gone, which is a huge perk. But although it has action, it still relies mostly on emotion. Although Bella on the motorcycle is hilarious. "So where to today, motorcycling or the emergency room?"

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Jun 4 2009, 06:41 PM) View Post

The story is all the same...

Do I like the vampire or the werewolf? Vampire...or werewolf? 99% of the books, from what I've heard.

No, not really. She's sure she loves Edward, no doubt about that. It's just that she still wants to keep Jacob as a friend, but Jacob and Edward hate each other and put her in an awkward situation.

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jun 5 2009, 11:17 AM) View Post
I wouldn't say it's the best. Sure, Edward's gone, which is a huge perk. But although it has action, it still relies mostly on emotion. Although Bella on the motorcycle is hilarious. "So where to today, motorcycling or the emergency room?"
No, not really. She's sure she loves Edward, no doubt about that. It's just that she still wants to keep Jacob as a friend, but Jacob and Edward hate each other and put her in an awkward situation.

Heh, maybe he was describing the readers. icon_razz.gif

#13 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:03 PM

If you want a real love story with intriguing characters and plenty of blood, you should try Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. icon_smile.gif

I watched the movie. I didn't know how two people who had known each other for one school year could be willing to spend an eternity with the other. It was cliche and the action was fairly bland.

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 5 2009, 02:03 PM) View Post

If you want a real love story with intriguing characters and plenty of blood, you should try Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. icon_smile.gif

I watched the movie. I didn't know how two people who had known each other for one school year could be willing to spend an eternity with the other. It was cliche and the action was fairly bland.

Heh, I saw a preview of that book on ThinkGeek. Looks hilarious.

Yeah, most right-out-of-high-school marriages end up in divorce. But being turned into a vampire is much less reversible than a bad marriage...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users