Photo

Screenshot of the Week 218

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 218 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:03 AM

I was gonna vote for Zeeb, but I voted for LiH... Zeeb's ground isn't as detailed as LiH's, and also I'm a sucker for overdetailed PTUX shots, such as the snowy one he gave us this week, and the snowy one I gave last week.

I don't care if Zeeb's shot is plagarized or not... It's a good shot. But the ground does need more detailz.

Edit: Okay um, what I meant was... Well, try using the Grassy Grass instead of the Solid Grass. IMO Solid Grass should only be used in snow palettes.

Edited by Schwa, 07 July 2008 - 04:04 AM.

#17 Questwizard

Questwizard

The Moldorm Guy

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:10 AM

AntonJ3000: icon_blink.gif icon_eek.gif All I can say is, Ughhh... Boring and severely lacking in detail. More weird grass again too. Also, having all 4 corners open like that with nothing on them = not so good. 2/10

LostInHyru1e: Not the best shot ever, but hands down, it beats the other two this week. Palette could be a bit more colorful though. 6.5/10: Voted.

ZebraStallion: This one would be far better if the trees actually matched up and weren't totally random choices. Could turn out to be a pretty nice screen if those trees were fixed. 6/10

Edited by Questwizard88, 07 July 2008 - 05:11 AM.

#18 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jul 7 2008, 03:03 AM) View Post

Also, TM001, I don't see any relevance between LIH's screen and the screen you just showed... both has a bridge, that's ALL. If you put a new bridge on one of your screens, everybody must delete all kind of bridges from all of their screens?

Look carefully, the ALTTP house on the upper left, the big ALTTP Tree on the Upper Right. The River, the fince on the lower left and even the narrow passageway.

And I'm just showing similarity I'm NOT saying it should change.

#19 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:44 AM

I voted for ZebraStallion, it looks pretty good, although it has a large resemblence to one of TM001's shots, espcially the graphics. icon_glare.gif
A second vote by me would of gone to LostInHyru1e, fairly good screenshot yet lacks some detail. icon_sorry.gif

#20 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

Is it getting this bad to a point at which if someone's shot is similar to another's, they have to try to point it out? Jeesh. I'd almost be afraid to enter SotW more often if I gave a crap. Now, Tri, maybe you're not trying to point it out that everyone's trying to copy you, because I hope no one would try to copy someone else, but the way you state things is that you're blatantly blaming people for copying you, at least, that's the way I could interpret it, and that's the way some people could.

I vote for Lost, on the other hand.

#21 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

Lots of people make simillar screens, so what?
Copying is learning.

Anyway, I voted for ZS, LiH's palette just doesn't cut it.

#22 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

Can someone please explain to me how SotW works now. I had a shot this week, but I sent it to Shoelace, and now /M/ is hosting it. Another time, I sent it to /M/ and Shoelace to be safe, and the Shoelace hosts it. Whoose the one hosting SotW?! (Or are they alternating?)

As for the shots...

AntonJ3000
It's too blank, I would add some more ground detail, and trees. The mass ammount of tall grass doesn't help either. Might I also suggest not making the fences so straight? It would help the shot a great deal, IMO.

LostInHyru1e
Bery nice shot. The detail and design is very pleasing, and overall a very well-done shot. No complaints! icon_biggrin.gif *Vote*

ZebraStallion
I like the concept, but it could have been executed better. The clumping of the trees isn't very appealing, and the giant rock seems a little random.

#23 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

ZebraStallion, I like yours. It seems somewhat empty at first, but upon further scrutiny, it's got a beautiful background and great arrangement of objects at the bottom. icon_wink.gif

#24 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

I voted for AntonJ3000 because I want to support the underdog.

#25 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

AntonJ3000 - 4/10
Not much going on here. More detail and variety with the grass would be your best friend. The fences could look more interesting too.

LostInHyru1e - 7/10
Looks like a functional town or edge of town kind of shot. Lots of stuff going on here that fits very well together. The snow blends in with the palette quite well.

ZebraStallion - 6/10
Good choice for a background, but the ledge looks awkward up against it. Perhaps it could be due to too much of it being in view. It might not be a bad idea to have large trees or other foliage obstruct some of the view so as to bring some life up against it. It would bring some variety and make things look interesting if you can manage it right. It could even help the ledge look less awkward, since you would see less of it and bring more of a three-dimensional feeling to the background. The tree combinations and grass details look good, on the other hand.

#26 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Jul 7 2008, 09:29 AM) View Post

Is it getting this bad to a point at which if someone's shot is similar to another's, they have to try to point it out? Jeesh. I'd almost be afraid to enter SotW more often if I gave a crap. Now, Tri, maybe you're not trying to point it out that everyone's trying to copy you, because I hope no one would try to copy someone else, but the way you state things is that you're blatantly blaming people for copying you, at least, that's the way I could interpret it, and that's the way some people could.

No, don't assume that. I'm not like that at all. I don't mind if somebody makes a similar version of shots made by me. I just did that just for all good fun. I'm NOT trying to make users feel bad.

Edited by TriMaster001, 07 July 2008 - 05:25 PM.

#27 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Jul 7 2008, 06:24 PM) View Post

No, don't assume that. I'm not like that at all. I don't mind if somebody makes a similar version of shots made by me. I just did that just for all good fun. I'm NOT trying to make users feel bad.

Well, he did pretty much plagarize your shot. You have a right to point that out and be mad.
ZS is my friend and all but this is SotW, I rate shots. I don't pick sides, even if its my best friend.

#28 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(Lemon @ Jul 7 2008, 06:46 PM) View Post

I voted for AntonJ3000 because I want to support the underdog.

I agree, the design of the cuccoos in Anton's screenshot is really good. (yes of course I am sarcastic icon_razz.gif )
Still, I vote for him, because I couldn't decide between LiH and ZS, and look now! A delicious battle of votes going on between them, very exiting (both have 13 votes currently).

@Zemious, TM001 and some more D0odZZZZZZZZZZZZ: I don't find it looking that similar. Only the view is very similar, the rest, really isn't. Maybe he took some inspiration, nothing more.

#29 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Jul 7 2008, 05:48 PM) View Post

@Zemious, TM001 and some more D0odZZZZZZZZZZZZ: I don't find it looking that similar. Only the view is very similar, the rest, really isn't. Maybe he took some inspiration, nothing more.

Exactly.

#30 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

Holy crap! LiH's shot is similar to one of mine too!
LiH:
IPB Image
Me:
IPB Image
See the similarity? I think they're somewhat alike... but you know, they're not THAT close... oh, and LiH, I demand that you change your screen right away, so it doesen't look like mine..

Sowwy... I just HAD to xD

Anyways, I'm going for LiH's this week icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users