Photo

PureZC Editorial Team Recruitment

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

Hello, people of PureZC! I was thinking to myself, "Why don't we try to assemble a team of writers and put together an 'editorial squad' of sorts on PureZC? We can make analyses, top tens, and various other articles based on Zelda Classic, our favorite video games, movies, books, TV shows, even music." And so, after weighing some interest from the staff team, I've decided, why not try this out? But we need your help; this is not going to be a staff-run function, but a collaboration of writers, regardless of position on the site, working together to bring great entertainment to the rest of PureZC!

The team will work together to pitch ideas around for articles, a member of the team will be tasked to write said article, and the rest of the team will be able to proofread it, fact-check, and make suggestions for editing before it gets posted to ensure the most accurate information is given. Articles will be posted on a schedule, and will be open to comments much like articles on other sites.

If you're interested in joining up, PM myself, include what kind of topics you'd be interested in covering, and, if possible (but not necessary), a link to some kind of applicable piece of writing by yourself, whether here on PureZC or elsewhere, such as a review or analysis. Or maybe you'd just like to be an editor, that's okay too! We'll probably have to cap the number of people on the team at ten for now, so we may not be able to take on everyone interested, unfortunately.

As for what we'll be called? Well, as it turns out, I'm not too good at naming things, all I've got is something generic like the "PureZC Editorial Squad." However, the name is also up in the air; if you've got something better, please share!

I'll be giving this two weeks' time to see who all is interested, by which time I'll pick the initial team members. We will at first be operating on a trial run, so our articles will be posted in PureZC Events initially until it seems active enough to warrant its own subforum. Discussions will take place in a group PM, where we'll be able to chat, share ideas, and basically run our operations. As far as how often articles will be posted, I'm thinking on a bi-weekly basis to start with, which could change depending on our team; if we have enough diversity, interest, and writing power, we could even move to a weekly format.

And finally, want to submit an article but don't feel like becoming part of the team for whatever reason? That's fine too! "Guest writers" are also quite welcome, if you submit your article to a member of the team; we'll make sure it reads well and fits whatever guidelines we may establish, then post it on our scheduled day!

If you have any other thoughts, please post them here! This is a community effort, and we'd like to hopefully make it the best and most fun experience possible. :)

• Adem, Shane, Eddy and 3 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

This actually sounds like a fantastic idea! I'll admit, my writing skills may not be the best, but I could possibly sign up for this. I'll probably think about it though.

Either way, I think this is a great way to get more members engaged with what happens on PureZC. Looking forward to this.

• The Satellite likes this

#3 Dimentio

Dimentio

P-put me down!

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Great idea! I think I will sign up myself.

#4 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

I might have a couple of ideas to contribute to this. Count me in. :)

#5 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

This is an excellent idea! Though my writing skills are not the best, I believe I can still do a great job at this. I am also very interested, so count me in! :)

#6 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

As someone who did a lot of writing in high school, and is still trying to dabble in it, I'm definitely interested in giving this a shot.  I've got all sorts of things I could write about that no one wants to read!

*runs*

#7 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

I would love to also :3

There's so much interesting things about games

-Strike

#8 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Humans Are Dangerous - SkyLizardGirl

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

I sometimes tried to make some interesting topics here to get some people to think on some days or more or so and a weekend backs perhaps.*

but, .. i really think i need to leave it up too you guys.
I will just simply lay back and reply to peoples comment- topics to support their causes once in a great while is all.

(I really like you all alots.)

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 11 February 2015 - 05:05 PM.

• ShadowTiger and The Satellite like this

#9 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:34 PM

I think I better take a "spot" as a guest writer in the... non-ZC category.

If I had more time I would probably full-on apply, but I'm happy with being a guest writer.

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

I've been getting a lot of positive feedback and several applications, which is great, thank you all for showing interest. :)

One thing I feel like I should clarify real quick is that this isn't going to be like a "publication" and instead just singular articles posted every so often. At least, that was the original plan. I'm not sure if many people got that impression but I thought I'd clarify that real quick. The overall structure is just a skeleton at this point though; once the team is finalized and we take a look at our skill sets, a lot of it can easily be tweaked. Should be fun!

• Eddy and David like this

#11 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:46 AM

Maybe there could be a sub forum so all the stuff could be together and cohesive?

I really hope I can do this!

-Strike

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

Well, it'll take place in PureZC Events to start with; if it takes off, it will likely end up with its own subforum. :)

• nicklegends likes this

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

It's been a week and I've gotten plenty of response so far! Thanks everyone for the interest! But as stated, I'm gonna give this one more week for people to see and express interest if they haven't already, then I'll pick the team. So if you're interested, give me a shout in PM! :)

• Eddy likes this

#14 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

As always, LinkFan is behind on things and don't see things till like a week after posted... :P

Anyways, I actually am really interested in doing this. Like as many people have said, I don't have the best writing ability...but usually I get 100% on our essay's in school, and sometimes my teacher calls me out saying I had one of the best essay thing (I really don't like having the best...it's a pet-peeve of mine).

So yeah, I'll probably see what I can do. May not be a writer, but I will want to be some kind of person that supports this.

Also, when/if this thing gets all sorted out and we can be an official thing, I say someone makes an "Editorial Squad", star thing below the avatar's of members who are contributing to the editorial. Just to say, " 'EY, I'm part of this thing that does good for the site." :P Lel 

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

Friendly reminder that the "deadline" for signing up is Wednesday evening, and I'll be picking the team sometime after that. So if you were on the fence or still mulling it over, now's the time to make a life-threatening choice. But another reminder that even if you don't make the deadline or did and didn't make the team, fear not! You can still submit "guest articles" to one of our team members and we'll keep them ready for a rainy day.

We also have only had one name suggestion so far, if anyone else has any ideas, you can throw them out in here, in PM, anywhere; the name will be finalized by the team, though if we're short on ideas there's still the possibility for change later.

Thanks again, everyone! :)

• Nathaniel, Eddy and David like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users