Photo

Screenshot of the Week 723

Yoshot Avaro Joelmacool Mani Kanina Shane

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 723 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

Here we are with five shots in dramatically different styles. Leave your vote, and consider leaving feedback for the participants.

Avaro
Avaro.png
Is this a forest? Or a subscreen?

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
beach -> a little experiment

Mani Kanina
ManiKanina.png
A mysterious forest location

Shane
Shane.png
Gosh, I wonder what I have to do here?

Yoshot
Yoshot.png
Snivy on a bench. ;o

• Jared, coolgamer012345, Hari and 3 others like this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:06 PM

Snivy on a bench! ;o

• Hari likes this

#3 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:55 PM

Voted Yoshot. Not for the Snivy, mind. I voted here because he successfully portrayed the edge of a sizable town without outright murdering the screen's walkability.

• nicklegends, Jared and Hari like this

#4 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:26 AM

I voted Avaro. Its a humorous take on a subscreen and reminds me of games like Fable 3, where the pause menu acts like its own world. Without all of the problems that game had in its pause menu.

The Snivy on the bench is amusing, but Yoshot's screen has heavy amounts of style clash. The town elements clash heavily with Firebird's graphical style. If the rest of the screen was in the same style I may have given the screen my vote. The tiles themselves look quite nice and the screen is well designed from a gameplay standpoint. Its just the difference in styles is jarring.

Edited by Orithan, 17 February 2020 - 12:29 AM.

#5 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

I voted for Mani. The shot reminds me of the good old days of ZC, when everyone was just having fun. :)

• nicklegends, Jared, Hari and 1 other like this

#6 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

I voted for Mani. The shot reminds me of the good old days of ZC, when everyone was just having fun. :)

Can't believe people had the audacity to have fun and enjoy the program without worrying about Nintendo's inevitable wrath or the LITERAL HEAT DEATH of PureZC. That's disgusting of them. /s

Anyways, I voted for Avaro. His screen is ~fun~.

Edited by Matthew, 22 February 2020 - 04:12 PM.

• nicklegends, Mani Kanina, Jared and 1 other like this

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:22 AM

Avaro: Whoa, that's trippy. I appreciate the creativity, but I don't think that's the easiest menu to parse visually. (There's something to be said for the flat black of Zelda 1. :) )

Joelmacool: I'm getting some StarTropics vibes here with the bright colors. I like the composition between mountain, sea, and tree.

Mani Kanina: Between the tufts of grass, hedge details, and frilly shadow edges, this shot has perhaps too much texture. I do like the overall setting and mood though.

Shane: A very well assembled screen with a nice palette and clear graphical layout. The statue and question mark make for a nice Zelda-style puzzle. I'm intrigued by the tiles around the mark, though. I guess I'll just have to play the quest. :)

Yoshot: This is a very nice, refreshing shot. Is the city behind a wall or on top of a plateau?

I had a tough time deciding between Joelmacool, Shane, and Yoshot, but I picked Shane in the end. Nice job, everyone!

• Shane and Hari like this

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:22 PM

I voted for Yoshot. It is always refreshing to see a modern setting depicted in a quest, and in this case it's done quite well.

Edited by Titanium Justice, 24 February 2020 - 04:22 PM.

• Jared and Hari like this

#9 Hari

Hari

Snivy Gang

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

Yoshot: This is a very nice, refreshing shot. Is the city behind a wall or on top of a plateau?

It's on a plateau. It's more apparent in game because you have to climb up a set of stairs to get up there. ;)

• nicklegends likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yoshot, Avaro, Joelmacool, Mani Kanina, Shane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users