Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4636 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

Mostly agreed. The only gripes I have are that they nerfed the Deku Palace, where if you fall from one of the higher platforms while trying to infiltrate it the game voids you out and resets you to where you don't have to repeat everything; and they made Twinmold terrible. Apparently your mileage may vary on Twinmold but he's just not fun at all to me in the 3DS version.

As far as the Deku Palace, I was actually fine with that change. I don't fall down much these days, but young Anthus would have loved that. I also like how you can open up a shortcut to the bean seller. It's one of the QoL changes I was fine with. I do agree about Twinmold though, and even Ghoat to an extent. Really, the boss changes seemed really out of left field. Odollwa was okay, and I don't remember Gyorg fight.

I also never understood swapping out the graveyard bottle for the heart piece Madam Aroma gives you. It actually kind of confused me and my friend when we played since we both forgot.

EDIT: Oh! How could I forget? They totally nerfed, and ruined swimming with Zora Link in the 3DS version. Besides this stuff, I agree it is the definitive version, but if you liked it, I'd recommend the original too, if you have the patience for it.

#4637 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about the swimming change myself. Another thing I don't care for. Not sure I noticed a difference in Goron rolling other than making it so that you tap A to curl up instead of hold A. That change is neither good nor bad, just had to get used to it.

As for Gyorg, I actually really like his new fight in the 3DS version. I thought his fight was the worst in the original but now it's my favorite of the four temple bosses in the 3DS version.

#4638 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

I like the first phase of the Gyorg battle, but the second phase is annoying with the whole having to break the chains of the spiked balls and having him eat them.

The Zora swimming is a mixed bag. I like that i have much better control in tight spaces, but don't know why the fast swimming was tied to the electric shield. Maybe having to tap A twice in a row to activate the fast swimming would have been better.

I was right about the rolling in Goron form being more stiff. Made those curves in the Goht dungeon in the moon annoying as hell because of the stiff turning.

Edited by Norzan, 19 March 2018 - 08:36 PM.

#4639 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

Hope they made Gyorg harder on 3DS he's so pathetic in the original. Hookshot him, descend on him while electrified, repeat. So easy.

#4640 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

Played Super Mario Land 2 on stream finally, this game... is okay. Good, but not much more. I had a certain amount of trouble fighting the physics and there's a horrendous game over condition in that you lose any of the titular 6 Golden Coins that you have when you lose all your lives. Granted, the game's really easy, but the final level managed to ramp up the difficulty just enough that I witnessed this outrageous aspect firsthand. That, and much of the level design was uninteresting, although still better than your average run-of-the-mill platformer. I can't say offhand I like it more than the original Land, but only because it's been so long since I've played that one. Maybe a future stream?

I will admit though, I really liked the idea of having the open world map and you can explore each world in a nonlinear fashion. I'd love to see this revisited in a future Mario game.

• Cukeman and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#4641 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

I highly enjoy SML2:6GC. One of my earlier game experiences, and always had fun. I had only recently played through it without using "Easy Mode" :lol: I always had it set to easy when I was a kid. Just pushed the 'Select" in the file menu! :D I agree on the whole open map allowing for non-linear gameplay, it was great in the game, and work awesome in other games in the series.

• Cukeman likes this

#4642 satokoaddict96

satokoaddict96

.qst

• Members

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:46 AM

Attempting Earthbound again after i quit my first playthrough over a year ago. I'm not really a big fan of RPG's, but somehow it's way more fun to play on my second playthrough, although less interesting until I get back to where I was.

Edited by IcyMind, 11 May 2018 - 02:47 AM.

#4643 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

The two biggest reasons I quit Earthbound were new characters joining you at level 1, and the absolutely tedious, and horrendous way you have to revive your party. Go to ATM, go to hospital, revive them one at a time, go back to the ATM so you don't lose half your money when you die again. Also, inventory management is a nightmare, and everything about the game's systems feels slow and like a chore.

I have no nostalgic attachment to this series, but if you can put up with that, it's a charming and unique game. Mother 3 fixed some of these issues.

I made it to the seventh boss, and stopped.

#4644 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

The two biggest reasons I quit Earthbound were new characters joining you at level 1, and the absolutely tedious, and horrendous way you have to revive your party. Go to ATM, go to hospital, revive them one at a time, go back to the ATM so you don't lose half your money when you die again. Also, inventory management is a nightmare, and everything about the game's systems feels slow and like a chore.

I have no nostalgic attachment to this series, but if you can put up with that, it's a charming and unique game. Mother 3 fixed some of these issues.

Things to consider when you hear a game is 80+ hours (or whatever number)

• Anthus likes this

#4645 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:41 PM

is just the old school, at the beginning no easy way to  heal status or revive, few space for items...i meet the same problems in games like Phantasy Star III, including revive magic that have a % to fail.

Actually Earthbound is not so hard, but you need  patience ( and a lot of free time ).

Today i clear Dark Kingdom, it seem a version of Golden Axe in 3D whit few RPG elements, for the almost part of game i simply slay enemyes...

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 12 May 2018 - 03:43 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#4646 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

Been playing the Final Fantasy series - when I can - playing through FF III (JP) right now. Luneth you sneaky dog you. Also very slowly playing through Breath of the Wild.

#4647 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:03 PM

While i enjoyed Earthbound, i like Mother 3 way more. It's the much better game in my opinion.

Finally beat Dragon Quest 8 on the 3DS, now doing the postgame dungeons. I honestly really like this game. Great music, solid story and characters, same old combat but i like it and i like the weapon specialization system. Overall, really great game.

#4648 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

I only have a couple of games on my currently playing list right now.

The main one being Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, and am at about 185 hours played. I put around 470 hours into the 3DS version, and well, it's kind of messed up that I am at the same point if not a little further on in my completion of the Definitive Edition. Still having an awesome time playing it, and hope to get as close to 100% on it when all is said and done.

The other game I have been playing recently is once again Splatoon 2, but for the new DLC that released a few days ago. I got myself the Octo Expansion, and I love it. It shows that a lot of love was put into it, as it absolutely shines. It's greatly difficult, but that just makes it feel so much better when you complete a stage. I did get my Octoling back to Inkopolis though, so I can play online battles, and Salmon Run.

#4649 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

Finished for the first time Skyrim, i liked all except the final boss, i slay it whit 3 sword swing, too weak for me, i wanted finish it turned in werewolf but he died so fast that i had not the tme to transform.

There still a lot of secondary mission to do, i hope i wlll  found some hidden boss stronger that the last, i'm play to it blind, except a little tips on vampires that i read in internet, so i don't know what iwill happend

#4650 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

Beat Spirit Tracks for the first time about a week ago. Was also playing Twilight Princess (also first time), but my sister and I were racing to see who could beat it first and she hasn't been home in a while, so I took a rest for fairness. I'll probably start again soon now that she's back.

• Neppy and Jared like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users