ZC Spring Expo 2008!!!

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

It is that time again. It is time to get ready for the Zelda Classic Spring Expo! Now, this is the first time anyone besides LTM is doing it, so be kind to me, this is my first time. First lets get this out of the way. Here are the dates:

All Submissions Due: Sunday May 11th
Expo Starts: Monday May 12th

So for the newbies here, you may be asking, what is the Expo? It is sorta like E3, where companies will show off there future games, except for the ZC Expo it will be their quests and other projects. So if you have a project that you want to show off this is the pefect place to show it off. Projects can be either quests, tilesets, collections of tiles or midis, ZScript or Zasm scripts, other ZC projects. All tile/midi collections, ZScripts, and Zasm scripts must be custom made, meaning that either you make them completely yourself, or you edit another tile/midi collection or script. Once I have all of the submissions, and the starting date comes around, then I'll post them all in the Zelda Class Expo: Spring Expo forum. After that, you will be able to comment and rate the submissions.

As for what can be in a submission, you should have the project title (I'm not psychic, I can't magically know the name of your project unless you tell me). You may also include a description of your project, images of your project, as well as a zip file for a preview of your project. If you submit a quest, you would have a qst file in the zip file; if you submit a tile or midi collection, it would contain all of your current tiles/midis; if you are making a program or something of that sort for ZC, then you would include a beta of your program; etc. Also remember that images will be uploaded onto PureZC's filespace, although I am adding more restrictions to images this year. You may have only 10 images hosted by PureZC. Also, all image filesizes must be 20kb or below each. All ZC and ZQuest screenshots will be converted into PNGs by myself, so all ZC and ZQuest screenshots will be below that limit. icon_wink.gif Zip files, however, will not be hosted by PureZC, they must be hosted by you. This is to help conserve PureZC's filespace. Also worthy of noting is that ZScripts and Zasm scripts will be hosted by PureZC as well.

Since this is my first Expo. I may or may not be running it a little differently. I will update this thread with news and additions to the Expo as the weeks go by. I just wanted give you a heads up that the Expo is on schedule. And any suggestions or comments on the Expo is welcome. Thank you.

--Shoelace

#2 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

Ooh, awesome. I hope I can get my crap together and make a decent submission. I hope this expo is great!

#3 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

OMG teh exp0z!!! icon_deformed.gif

*ahem* Anyways, yay! I can't wait to see all the new quest demos and everything! And what's even better, I have every intention of submitting a demo of Island of Dreams! It may not be a landmark demo, like the level 1 demo, but still. icon_sweat.gif I have about 7 overworld screens to do until I can start on the Moblin Hideout. Plus, there are a few buildings I never made the insides for. But who knows? I might be able to include all of level 2. Whatever. I still can't wait to see what everyone else has! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

I think this year I'll release something fscking awesome, but what to do? ...

I think I'll do beta quest. :3

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

Yay for the Expo! Shoelace, good luck doing it.

#6 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

Good luck in running the Expo, Shoelace.

Question: I see Moonwhisper had multiple entries last time. Could I do that too if I have multiple projects?

Also, if I entered a quest in the previous Expo, should I enter it for this one, or not?

#7 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

Well, LTM allowed it... hopefully, Shoelace will allow it icon_razz.gif

And... I need to get my behind in gear if I want to make it to this one, too...

#8 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

Ah, Despair demo will definitely make it into this one. Been looking forward for this one, looking forward to seeing a lot of other stuff too.

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

Oh of course. If I submitted The Dark Shadow and Eye of the Moon submissions, of course I would make two threads about it. No sense in putting it together as they are two separate submissions. So in other words, multiple submissions are allowed.

And of course you can show off your quest again even if it was at another Expo. Think of E3, Zelda TP was at multiple E3s. As long as it has more info on the game and such, it should be a great addition.

#10 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

icon_biggrin.gif the expo its coming!, i need to finish my demo quest 2 for it (i only have 5 days OMG icon_eek.gif ) its my first time to know about the expo and all over it but i will finish my submissions before the may 11th.

#11 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

icon_eyeitus.gif OMFG!!! 3xp0z!

I should open DoH back up and get the last expo demo in that never got in. Never got that finished (dungeon 2 bug icon_cry.gif )

Also, i think i might try to blow you guys away with an idea i came up with, Paper Mario 2.5! icon_wink.gif (Not really, i thought i was a great idea though...)

SM anime f: 5 days? you mean 5 days and 2 months right?

Edited by Octorockoncrack, 05 March 2008 - 09:46 PM.

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

This may sound n00bish, (I don't have experience with expos, icon_whistle.gif ) How do I submit my entry? Do I P.M. it to someone?

#13 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

You'll PM it to Shoelace, when the time comes.

#14 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

I'll definitely have a BoE demo! Even if I have to resort to animal sacrifice... well, maybe not. Been watching too much "Tales from the Darkside" lately. icon_razz.gif

#15 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

Ebola- YAY! I can't wait for a Blackness demo.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 05 March 2008 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users