Photo

The Future of the ZC Expo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Should there be a ZC Fall Expo 2005? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be a ZC Fall Expo 2005?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:31 AM

So, you decide. Do you want a Fall Expo for 2005? Are there any changes that should be made?

I look forward to your answers, and the answers will adjust what will happen. So, keep that in mind. icon_wink.gif

#2 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:48 AM

Yeah! I love looking at what everyone is doing! It just gets hard when all of there stuff is all over the forum.

The Expos ROCK!

Comix

#3 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:55 AM

Oh my gosh, how come this is even a topic?

YES!!!!

Okay, now that that's over, yes, I would like it. The last expo went great in my opinion. But I voted for the "fixed" option. I would like the polls to return in their full glory like in the last Fall Expo. So PLEASE keep it! icon_puppyeyes.gif

#4 Exate

Exate

~

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:25 AM

A lot of people enjoy it, so I'll cast my vote as a "Yes" for all the people out there. I don't enter these, because I'm not too keen on my larger submissions competing with others, and I prefer releasing demos randomly.

#5 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:33 AM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

#6 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:26 PM

Yes, but I'd rather the new expo to have no "submission rating" polls. Instead, I think the polls at the end of the expo should return.
You can disagree, but there wasn't enough information in many of the submissions to rate them from 1-10. I felt that I was looking more at the rating itself than the potential the entry had, and I honestly felt it detracted a bit from the expo at whole. There were a few submissions that were super-hyped-up, mostly due to the ratings, and then others that were left in the dark. icon_shrug.gif

But please bring the expo back.

Edited by nicklegends, 06 August 2005 - 02:51 PM.

#7 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:04 PM

I agree with nicklegends. Forget the submission rating polls, they're pretty useless especially if some people give 1's and try to hurt the authors' feelings. But the "best of expo" polls should make a come back. I don't even understand why they had to be ended during the spring Expo.

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

Sure I'd like to see it improved, but I'd like it back even if it weren't changed much, so I voted a straight "yes." icon_smile.gif

I think submission ratings are okay, but they should be simplified to 1 to 5 ratings. A whole scale of 10 is unnecessary and, like Petoe said, gives the potential for stupid vote insults.

Otherwise, it's a go, I say. icon_smile.gif One other suggestion: why not have multiple categories for competition? Ones that people can plan towards qualifying for, I mean?

#9 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:29 PM

I say yes, it is great how it is but I'm okay with any change.

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:08 AM

Yes!!! You know me, I love the Expo. It is something that I look forward too here on PureZC.

Also, I liked the submission rating thing, although I did get a little mad when someone gave me a one because of something not dealing with the game. But all in all, I enjoyed the submission rating, as it did do better than the other polls.

Either way, I say yes. I love the Expo, and you know me, I will have something ready for it. icon_razz.gif

#11 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

Of course, the expos are great...without them...life could get boring in the world of purezc...or maybe not...but it definitely adds some excitement when it is here.

#12 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:39 AM

Alright... I pretty much knew the answer to this poll... I was just wanting to check. icon_razz.gif

#13 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

Damn, it seems like just yesterday the Spring Expo was beggining...

Yes... My submissons died out last time, so I totaly lost interest in the whole thinig... I don't even know what has become of the Spring Expo... But, as some of you may have noticed, I am working on something new...

So, um yay for promomotional opurtunities (promo ops.)!

So my answer is yes!

#14 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:42 PM

YES!
Now I really HAVE a due date for the SS demo! I'll have to release it then just to see if I have the guts to make a complete game without stopping!
Anyway....
Demo will probably include Korkerieie Settlement, a part of Hieruul Grove and Great Temple #1 (Forest Spirits' Sanctum)--a mix of the Forest Temple and Spirit Temple from OoT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users