Photo

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (*-*Completed*-*)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (Halloween 2015)

hqdefault.jpg

Genre: Action Platformer

Released on the NES in 1989 (Jap) 1900 (NA)

Developed by Konami

Description:

Welcome to another October!! Where I throw all my other Lets Plays aside to start playing some Halloween themed games. Though I must admit, I don't necessarily just stick with pure Halloween related, as I've also been and will continue to play Metroid games and other dark games as well. This year I am starting off with a great NES title called Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.

Possibly the best Castlevania on the NES. This game improved on what Castlevania got right, and fixed everything that Castlevania II: Simon's Quest got wrong. While not a perfect game in itself, this game surprised me and proved itself one of the most exciting games in the series. 

This time, you play as Trevor Belmont, an ancestor of Simon Belmont. Trevor also gets help from 3 supporting characters, all who have their own unique abilities and powers that will help Trevor. The game's level designed is cleverly done to encourage use of these supporting characters. While it is possible to beat the game with Trevor alone, it does make the game much harder relying on Trevor alone. 

I believe this game set the bar for almost every idea that would eventually become Castlevania IV, and you can almost thank this game for Castlevania IV's existence. That may be a bold statement, but I believe this to be true as you'll notice that Castlevania IV recycles a lot of ideas, enemies, and even levels right out of this game. This is truly one of the best games on the NES, and I'm ashamed that I never tried this game when I was younger.

Stream & LP Information:

I will be streaming this game in several runs, based on the 3 supportive characters. Last night I already completed the Syfa run, and will be uploading videos here starting today. Tonight or tomorrow, I'll be doing the Alucard run. Afterwords I'll complete the game with Grant and end my streams there.

I will announce all my streams in this topic usually 5 or 10 minutes in advanced. I advise keeping an eye on this topic because I usually never streams at an exact schedule. My streaming channel is usually the Drop in and Watch type of channel. For those of you who miss my streams, I will always upload my playthroughs on my youtube LP channel. So be sure to subscribe. 

Be sure to try and catch my Alucard run tonight. I had a lot of fun with the Syfa run last night! This game is truly a blast! I'll see ya there!

==========

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Sypha] (01 - Stage 1)

default.jpg?v=5617ed3d

(Duration 8:55)

Description:

In 1476, the people of Europe hide in terror from a fiend known as Dracula. Trevor Belmont, carrier of the Vampire Killer Whip, who has super human abilities due to his cursed bloodline was once exiled from Wallachia because of his abilities, people once feared him. Today however, he is called into action by the church to defeat Dracula. 

Trevor takes a moment to pray outside the church before he begins his quest to destroy Dracula's army of monsters invading the town. Leading Dracula's invasion of town is a Skull Knight, which Trevor makes an example of using his legendary Vampire Killer Whip. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 15 November 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:37 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Sypha] (02 - Stage 3, Stage 4)

default.jpg?v=5619221a

(Duration 14:34)

Description:

Trevor decides to skip the Clock Tower and visit the Forest instead. The forest of course is filled with undead wide life and more of Dracula's fiends. Trevor eventually reaches a path that leads to a swamp, but decides to continue taking the forest path which leads him to a mighty cyclops. By killing the cyclops, Trevor releases a curse that was put on Sypha, and she joins his team. Trevor and Sypha discover an ancient ghost ship and decide to take the ship to Dracula's Castle. However, this isn't a normal ship, and it's unlikely that Trevor and Sypha will be considered "invited guests". 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 15 October 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:22 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Sypha] (03 - Stage 5)

default.jpg?v=561a5b04

(Duration 8:25)

Description:

The ghost ship takes Trevor and Sypha to Dracula's Castle, but first Trevor must climb a tower so he can cross the bridge to the Castle. Trevor must climb a lot of steps, mostly guarded by Winged Skeletons and Bone Towers. They eventually reach the top to find Frankenstein's Monster, but he so tough as he looks, and he is easily defeated. 

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:35 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Sypha] (04 - Stage 6)

default.jpg?v=561bb71a

(Duration 10:56)

Description:

"See Samus' ancester" - Sword_of_Truth @ 2:35

"OOOH NOOO!!! WTH MAN?! Fuckin' things poppin' out at me!" - NJF @ 3:00

Now ever approaching Dracula's Castle, all Trevor needs to do is to cross the bridge leading to the Castle. But this isn't any normal bridge. Withered and torn, completely full of traps and monsters. Trevor and Sypha must survive. Conveniently, Sypha proves very resourceful here with her ice spell, and seems to have an edge over Trevor. However, Trevor and his axe seems to be perfectly suited for the job in wiping out the water serpents. Two party has now finally reached Dracula's Castle. 

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:26 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Sypha] (05 - Stage 7)

default.jpg?v=561d140e

(Duration 7:47)

Description:

Trevor and Sypha finally reach Dracula's Castle. In the courtyard, they must defeat Flea-men, Bone Towers, Skeletons and ravens without falling to their deaths from the many traps and death pits that surround Dracula's courtyard. Yet again, Sypha's magic proves to be much more useful than Trevor's strength. But against the evil flame, Trevor takes charge to destroy some of Dracula's most powerful monsters, including the mummy, cyclops, and demon. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 15 October 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:55 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Sypha] (06 - Stage 8, Stage 9)

default.jpg?v=561e6cef

(Duration 14:43)

Description:

Trevor and Sypha enter the Castle Corridor to be confronted by none other than Death himself. But Death oddly doesn't seem like much the threat for Trevor as he will be for Simon Belmont long in the future. Death even boasts a 2nd form this time, but his second form proves no match for Trevor. In the backyard of the castle, most everything lies in a watery ruins. Truly a scene of beauty, Trevor must keep his wits up, as this is one of the most dangers locations in Dracula's Castle. The foe guarding this area is another Trevor? No, it's actually a doppelganger who mimics the forms of any being that fights it. Sypha takes up the fight, but doppelganger Sypha doesn't share the same power as Sypha. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 15 October 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Sypha] (07 - Stage A)

default.jpg?v=561fa6b9

(Duration 10:33)

Description:

Trevor and Sypha finally reach Dracula. The final defenses to Dracula are the worst that Dracula can throw at you, with good reason of course. The traps here are the worst that Trevor has seen yet. However, they are able to reach Dracula anyways. Dracula himself proves to be a challenge, being the King of Vampires, but he still no match for these two vampire killers. Dracula reveals his true form, but his demon form is killed, and the land is saved. 

After defeating Dracula, his castle crumbles. The army of evil spirits who backed Dracula are all now asleep. Sypha, being a witch in her time, had a very troubled life. It was very difficult trusting people having watching her parents being killed by them. But she learns to trust Trevor. 

The Belmont name shall now be honored by all people for killing the deadliest demon to ever haunt this land. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 16 October 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:23 PM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Alucard] (01 - Stage 1, Stage 3)

default.jpg?v=56213275

(Duration 8:20)

Description:

In 1476, the people of Europe hide in terror from a fiend known as Dracula. Trevor Belmont, carrier of the Vampire Killer Whip, who has super human abilities due to his cursed bloodline was once exiled from Wallachia because of his abilities, people once feared him. Today however, he is called into action by the church to defeat Dracula. 

Trevor takes a moment to pray outside the church before he begins his quest to destroy Dracula's army of monsters invading the town. Leading Dracula's invasion of town is a Skull Knight, which Trevor makes an example of using his legendary Vampire Killer Whip. 

Trevor decides to skip the Clock Tower and visit the Forest instead. The forest of course is filled with undead wide life and more of Dracula's fiends. Trevor eventually reaches a path that leads to a swamp and decides to take the swamp path.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 October 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:00 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Alucard] (02 - Stage 3, Stage 4)

default.jpg?v=562270b4

(Duration 12:36)

Description:

"They must be the battle toads baby brothers" - Sword_of_Truth @ 1:00

"Oh God!! Who's gonna win this one I wonder?! ... Oooh, I might do good! OH I might do GOOD!!! I'M DOING GOOD!!!! ... Yes! I did good!!" - NJF @ 3:52

Trevor discovers a dark swamp full of giant toads and other nasties. Dracula's influence over this world doesn't even escape the swamps. Eventually, Trevor discovers an underground caverns where he will fight the giant bat, but Trevor is exhausted from his trip through the swamp, still though, he managed to take out the giant bat with ease. Trevor moves on deeper in the caves to an area full of traps, as if set by somebody to either test somebody or keep others out. Deep in this cave, to his surprise, Trevor fights Dracula himself! However, after defeating the vampire, Trevor learns that he was actually fighting Alucard, Dracula's son, who's been waiting for somebody to help him defeat Dracula. Trevor teams up with Alucard and they continue on the underground path to Dracula's Castle. They reach another fork in the road which either takes them to the lowest parts of Dracula's Castle basement, or they can take an aquatic ruins path, which will allow them to skip some of the basement chambers. Trevor and Alucard decide to take the aquatic ruins path. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 22 October 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Alucard] (03 - Stage 6 part 1)

default.jpg?v=5623f0cc

(Duration 13:33)

Description:

"TIME FOR ALMOST-THE-BEST CASTLEVANIA" - thesatellite54 @ 4:10

No!!! Nooo bat no bat, no... bat no bat no... NO BAT!!!! haha!! Stay away from me bat!! No bat, I don't want no... WATER!!! Water so fast!! RUN!!! Water!!! Run!!! Bat water bat water water bat!!  Gotta go!... Fish man, no!!! Another time!! No bat, NOO!!! ... Sorry, another time!! Bat!!! Get away!! I don't want no bat!! Bat I don't want you... ANOTHER BAT!!! Oh... Fish Man, good! ... Doin' good! ... Okay... Okay... BAT NOOO!!! Oh thank god!! No more... BAT!!! Dehh!! Why are there so many bats?! Why are there bats?" NJF @ 11:52

Trevor and Alucard reach a flooded Greek ruins hidden deep within Dracula's unholy territory. Fortunately for them, this place serves as a hidden shortcut to Dracula's Castle. However, the shortcut just might not be worth it as this may be one of the most dangerous locations Trevor and Alucard will ever have to explore. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 20 October 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

*** Special Note: This is NJF's Favorite video of his Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse Lets Play Series!! You don't want to skip this one!

NJF Plays Castlevania: Dracula's Curse [Alucard] (04 - Stage 6 part 2)

default.jpg?v=562650f7

(Duration 21:17)

Description:

"This boss seems like butts" - thesatellite54 @ 6:05

"Also this is almost some AVGN-level rage here" - thesatellite54 @ 8:05

"Konami expects you to be perfect the first time" - Sword_of_Truth @ 8:55

Best Rage Ever @ 14:45

The Worst Enemy Ever @ 15:55

Trevor and Alucard try to survive the ruins, but this intense trip is not for the light hearted. With architecture so old, nearly everything is crumbling under their feet. Not to mention the bone serpents that creep around every angle. However, Trevor manages to survive and move on from their nastiest experience yet. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 22 October 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Alucard] (05 - Stage 7)

default.jpg?v=5628edea

(Duration 19:41)

"wait how do you go from a door to there" - thesatellite54 @ 4:32

"this is the worst game of Tetris ever" - thesatellite54 @ 6:22

Trevor and Alucard manage to skip the lower levels of the basement of Dracula's Castle and reach the upper levels by crossing the Aquatic Ruins. Now the team must enter Dracula's Castle from below. Alucard, being more familiar and biologically capable of handling most of the traps assists Trevor greatly here. They eventually reach the castle and fight the evil flame. Now, only Death awaits them at the door step. 

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:45 PM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Alucard] (06 - Stage 8, Stage 9)

default.jpg?v=562e6651

(Duration 18:39)

Description:

"AH!!!! Okay!!! Horrible mothers, stop throwing your children at me!!!" - NJF @ 1:10

"RUUUUN!!!! VERY SLOWLY!!!" - NJF @ 1:35

"yeah, why can't Trevor's axe boomerang?" - thesatellite54 @ 3:19

"Noo! I better fly! Let me think of something quick! He's morphing, he's zipping, he's making.. oh good!" - NJF @ 16:04

Trevor and Alucard reach Dracula's Castle which is guarded by Death himself. Trevor takes out Death and continues to explore the Castle's backyard tower which leads closer to Dracula, but Trevor and Alucard must face their evil doppelganger to proceed. After defeating themselves, they move on to confront Dracula. 

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Alucard] (07 - Stage A)

default.jpg?v=562f975b

(Duration 9:48)

Description:

thesatellite54: DRACULA (0:30)
thesatellite54: I AM BACKULA (0:34)
thesatellite54: TO LAY THE SMACKULA (0:39)

"The bird works for coke" - Sword_of_Truth @ 1:05

"Dracula's mom isn't a good cook and the second phase is vomiting the bad food" - Sword_of_Truth @ 5:40

Trevor and Alucard reaches Dracula's final stronghold. Alucard helps Trevor to Dracula's lair, and the vampire hunter challenges the great vampire lord. But Dracula should know not to challenge a vampire hunter. Trevor destroys Dracula, and the world is saved. 

However, Alucard feels guilty having assisted in his father's death. Trevor understands the grief that Alucard is certainly going through. 

After this victory, the Belmont name will be honored by all people for the rest of time. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 28 October 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:21 AM

NJF Plays Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse [Grant] (01 - Stage 1, Stage 2)

default.jpg?v=5630e7a1

(Duration 16:25)

Description:

"Hello! My name is Grant and I'm going to play some Castlevania where I'm going too... play as Trevor... And I'll be joining with Grant!! I am Grant, playing as Trevor, joining with Grant, playing Castlevania! So which one is the real Grant? That is the question we all must know." - NJF @ 0:10

"We have Sword_of_Truth saying hello! So, hello to you Sword_of_Truth! I assume that your hello is being... truthful! hahaha!!!" - NJF @ 0:45

"I dunno, like... I dunno, like ahh... What's the advantage of having an honest sword? Can you imagine taking the sword of truth into battle, and the sword would say "Yeah... I'm not very effective! I'm only just being honest though... There's plenty of swords that are better than me"... That literally is the sword of truth!!" - NJF @ 1:20

Trevor is then met with a choice to either take the shortcut to Dracula's Castle through the Clock Tower access, or explore a dark forest. Any reasonable man would take the shortest path, so Trevor climbs the clock tower. On the top of the tower, Trevor confronts and defeats a possessed Grant Danasty. 

Defeating Grant breaks him from his curse, and they team up. However, Trevor's shortcut is instantly cut off as the bridge leading to Dracula's Castle crumbles. Trevor and Grant make their way back down the clock tower to find another path to Dracula's Castle. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users