LQftH 2: Quest

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#1 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Download and info can be found in this topic.

I know some people have started playing my quest and discussing it in the release topic but I figured starting a topic here would be a good idea because a good chunk of you fine folks don't usually look outside of the Quest Players' Discussion and Help forum for help with quests, and understandably so. So here's the official help topic for Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest. If you get stuck or just want to tell folks where you are in the quest, make a post here.

#2 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

icon_smile.gif

Any hints to lvl5?

and bomb where?
IPB Image

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

There's a screen somewhere in the desert with a square made of four cactus. You bomb the combo in the center of that square.

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

How did you simulate the numerical life meter, anyway? That's something I've always been highly interested in doing.

#5 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

icon_smile.gif

Hm allmost covered the hole desert , i take a look at the map and when i try to go to a screen
i been teleported back to start of the desert. so i cant find the bomb spot icon_eek.gif

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Apr 3 2013, 08:45 AM) View Post

How did you simulate the numerical life meter, anyway? That's something I've always been highly interested in doing.

I set one of the script counters to Link's HP every frame where it isn't already with a global script and put that counter in the subscreen.

So that desert maze is pretty confusing. It's all about remembering where those warps are. Here's how you get through if you're stuck:
Spoiler

Edited by Moosh, 03 April 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#7 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

I should hopefully start this tomorrow, assuming I finish the quest I'm working on tonight and my sickness doesn't come back. Otherwise, Next week~

#8 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 05:00 PM) View Post

I set one of the script counters to Link's HP every frame where it isn't already with a global script and put that counter in the subscreen.

So that desert maze is pretty confusing. It's all about remembering where those warps are. Here's how you get through if you're stuck:
Spoiler

Thanks for the help Moosh

Finally a potion shop icon_smile.gif

#9 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

EDIT Never-mind I got it opened. Wasn't easy.

In level 5 I cannot get this door to open. Have tried over and over till death do us part. Any help?

IPB Image

Love my new "Man-handler' eye!!!!!

Edited by Mister Snooze, 03 April 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

That's probably a 2.5 oddity with diagonal walking. If you walk down along the conveyor belt while holding up against the wall you should be able to shimmy yourself into place. I don't know why 2.5 does this with locked doors sometimes.

Also, really mean section coming up.

Edited by Moosh, 03 April 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#11 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 11:13 AM) View Post

That's probably a 2.5 oddity with diagonal walking. If you walk down along the conveyor belt while holding up against the wall you should be able to shimmy yourself into place. I don't know why 2.5 does this with locked doors sometimes.

Also, really mean section coming up.

Yeah about that. I don't get it! Nobody there? did I screw up or just miss something. I did a retry and used my key elsewhere to get that gleock (without the boss key of course) and now what????

#12 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 11:13 AM) View Post

Maybe a platform just in front of the door, otherwise it is just plain luck that you manage to get it open after many 'tries and dies'

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Apr 3 2013, 11:43 AM) View Post

Yeah about that. I don't get it! Nobody there? did I screw up or just miss something. I did a retry and used my key elsewhere to get that gleock (without the boss key of course) and now what????

What!? How did you get into the pre boss room without the hammer or boss key!? You need to have the hammer so you can get to the 2nd floor so you can drop down to the boss key area and drop down again to get to that door...

#14 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 12:06 PM) View Post

What!? How did you get into the pre boss room without the hammer or boss key!? You need to have the hammer so you can get to the 2nd floor so you can drop down to the boss key area and drop down again to get to that door...

If you drop down while pressing in a certain direction it will put you in different areas

#15 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Apr 3 2013, 12:15 PM) View Post

If you drop down while pressing in a certain direction it will put you in different areas

...Well that just broke the quest completely. I really hope you didn't save after using that key there because if so you've found an unwinnable situation.

You were supposed to take the other route, hit the invisible switch, and then go to the path south of the Zelda tablet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users