Game ideas you've had

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

I only know very little code, but ever since I first touched a video game, I've come up with countless ideas for potential video games (using existing characters and such because I'm unoriginal), brainstormed all sorts of ideas, concepts, and items, and drawn lots of artwork for these game ideas. It makes me think. Has anyone else here ever done stuff like this, or even had a tiny flash of an idea for a game?

Here's my most recent idea.

A Sonic game, but instead of Sonic you play as the creepy version of Sonic as seen in the background of that one Sonic CD hidden screen. Every level is based off some sort of creepypasta or video game oddity, and the main antagonist is the Easter Egg Hunter (from the YouTube channel of the same name). Your goal is to clear the levels, get to the Easter Egg Tower, and defeat the Easter Egg Hunter to stop yourself and other video game easter eggs from being hunted and killed.

Now, level ideas. I'll just list them.

- Beyond Hell Valley (from Super Mario Galaxy)

- Ruins of Alph (Pokemon Lost Silver)

- Hill (Sonic.exe, it also has a mix of You Can't Run)

- Ikana Canyon (with plenty of references to the BEN creepypasta)

- Romero's Trap Dungeon (based off that easter egg of John Romero's head on a spike in Doom 2, I found that shit scary as a kid)

- Shadow Temple (to capture the fear I felt when first going through it as a kid)

- Glitch City (from Pokemon RBY)

- Cave of the Past (EarthBound)

- Easter Egg Tower (where the Easter Egg Hunter resides. It contains references to other easter eggs and oddities not already detailed, like GTA's "there is nothing here", the Warren Robinett easter egg from the Atart 2600 game Adventure, and so on)

Every level has a boss, and here they are.

- HellValleySkyTree

- Gold and his Unowns

- Sonic.exe

- BEN

- Icon of Sin

- Dead Hand/Bongo Bongo

- Missingno.

- Giygas

- The Easter Egg Hunter

Sorry for the rambling, this is an idea I've been really happy with and will probably actually program if I ever learn proper coding.

Anyway, do any of you guys have ideas like this? Be as creative as you want. Ramble like I did! I want to read it all!

Edited by Ecruteak, 14 October 2017 - 05:49 PM.

• Shane and TheRock like this

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

I came up with a bunch of ideas for a pokemon game that would be made in Zelda Classic, but due to the need of combat that would be needed in the game I don't know if it will ever come back to it.

List of ideas I had with it:

You can pick between 3 starters.

The moves they have are based on what pokemon they are.

When they attack they don’t move for a while.

The wild encounters happen by tiles that change from a random warp.

The wild encounters will each have there own level. You can also flee the battle.

You need to be able to see wild pokemon HP

You need to be able to see your HP and Attack. Possibly speed?

Whistle for HM fly.

Hammer for HM rock smash.

Sword for HM cut.

Flippers for HM surf.

Power bracelet for HM strength.

Wild Pokemon shows HP, type, and the level while battling the pokemon.

For fly,  when you enter a city you can now fly there whenever you want. You will go to a area that will allow you to choose the area you want to go to. Not sure I want to go with this idea.

Defense makes it so that damage from enemies is 1 less for each you have. But to a minimum of 1 damage.

Color each city a different color. This is so you can tell the difference between each city.

Wild pokemon give not very much experience

Japanese

Flag 98 = Activates warp

Flag 99 = Warps

Flag 100 = Deactivates warp

Grass needs to have a second combo type, which is tall grass.

There are 3 sides.

1 is teamrocket and they want to take over the world.

2 are the pokemon who want all the pokemon to be free.

3 are the pokemon who want to take over the world.

3 have people in cages and you have to free them.

The professor is Psyduck and he is the leader of the pokemon rebellion that want the pokemon to be free.

Your parants pay a lot of money to get your first and only pokemon.

The starters are: Heracross, Kaputops, and Syizor.

The pokeball factory is controlled by 3: Pokemon who want to take over world.

You have the choice of joining team rocket at some point in the game. This will completely change on what you need to do from that point of the game forward.

Might make the pokemon sprites on the left disappear after it dies.

Need to figure out how to do battles with more then one pokemon because of EXP.

Pokemon speed = You get to attack more often. 

• Castelia likes this

#3 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

I want to make a game called 'Fall'. You are sent from the realm of the gods to prove yourself and defeat the demon lords of nine alternate realms. The trick is, there is no continuous solid ground in these realms, so you have to pick which way gravity acts and Fall through each realm to find and destroy the boss. Bosses would be gigantic, like Shadow of the Colossus but bigger, and you could gather up other objects and defeat smaller foes to create debris like in Katamari Damacy to distract and damage the bosses. The final (many headed) boss even swallows you, and you have to fall through it's body cutting your way out to defeat each head.

Maybe one day I'll have time to make it.

• coolgamer012345 and Castelia like this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:44 AM

I've always wanted to make a platformer. I've had three main variations of this idea. One is a 2D game with level-to-level style and a slight focus on story. You can revisit earlier stages with new abilities. The second is the same, but in 3D. The third is pretty much that, but with a hub world, and different areas of an island (unoriginal, but I was actually thinking of the island I lived on, not Mario Sunshine :P). The parts of the island are levels, and each one would have its own story, gimmicks, and design ideas. The story for any of these is mostly the same with more or less details. You're essentially a guardian of sorts, and you need to visit fountains to restore them. You can probably enter dreams too, as extra levels like Sunshine's secrets, cause why not?

An earlier take on the 2D one has a completely different setting and characters though.

I've blocked out a lot of levels in SketchUp, but without any real art direction, and lack of programming knowledge, that's basically it. I'd like to try to get a small team together some day, but who knows.
  • Castelia likes this

#5 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:33 PM

Would be great to do in ZC, but could also work in main zelda games:

A secret superboss that's basically every incarnation of link put into one, that can use all of the supercool weapons and abilities of each Link. Of course, some would have to be changed (like ether and din's fire), but it would provide an insane nostalgia-trip nightmare of a challenge.

• Anthus likes this

#6 OkamiTakahashi

OkamiTakahashi

Heartbroken Hero

• Members

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

I'm very much an ideas person, and with little experience with ZC/ZQ, I've come up with serveral, many of which I'll never probably work on.

-Adventure of Linkle (this is the one I'm committed to trying to work on)- basically a new game starring Linkle. Dunno if it'll have platforming Like Zelda II or PoC, but I do want it to take place in Calatia. 

-Something LOTR related. Idk, I feel like a Zelda-like LOTR fangame would be a cool idea.

-A Zelda II remake. Not sure about this. A top-down one was done already, but still too hard for me. If the platforming in ZII was better (like in PoC), that'd be nice, but I also don't like Zelda to be a platformer. PoC did it right by balancing top-down and side-scrolling action. I'm sure a lot of people want a ZII remake.

-remakes of the CD-I games. Yes. Remakes of those. The real ones of course are cheesy and clunky af, but my belief is that, if you put enough effort in, you can turn something crappy into something amazing. This also applies to PoC. Don't get me wrong- the Valiant Comic was actually enjoyable imo and not as cheesy as the cartoon. But the amount of effort that went in to expand upon the original story was amazing. If that kinda talent and effort were used to remake ZII or the cd-i games, that would be fantastic.

-A Zelda styled Dragon Ball Z game. One of my favorite things about DBZ is that it, in an odd way, shares some elements of Zelda. You have Future Trunks, a time-travelling Saiyan from a post-apocalyptic future who wants to ensure the main timeline doesn't end up like his, and keep his future safe from further terror. You also have the movie character Tapion, who has pointed ears, a sword, and a magic ocarina. And he too ends up with a time machine. A game playing like Zelda- focusing on their swordsmanship and magic, and maybe some time travel, would be a beautiful thing imo. The best of both worlds.

• Anthus and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Oh yes, dozens of ideas, i've even written out stories and designed levels. That's why I'm here (on these forums).

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users