Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

These games are all well and good but, Gen 4 remakes when?

Also, BW2 were good games :P

• Ammako likes this

#17 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:19 AM

You know I was at first on the "'Ultra' is a silly name" train for a while until I remembered Ultra Beasts existed.

• Jenny and Jared like this

#18 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:38 AM

Hard to judge from what little info, but I'm afraid US/UM is the same game with some new features and species. Probably just playing through the events from an outsider character's perspective. If so, I'm not that interested.

Really excited to play Gold/Silver on 3DS as I never got to try that generation. Dunno why they're waiting on Crystal though, seems pointless unless they're delaying it as a sales tactic thinking people might skip past Gold and Silver to Crystal unless Crystal has a delayed release. Seems kinda silly to me considering how old these games are and that there's very little reason to play them for any reason besides nostalgia. Sure it can be a resource to your gen 7 collection, but a fairly small one.

I do think the next games will be on Switch, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon unless they make Pokemon Eclipse. Never use the title "Stars" the sun is a star. It would be the same as calling them Pokemon Sun, Moon, and Suns

• Anthus likes this

#19 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

There have been leaks of images indicating the games are also debuting on the Switch: http://www.vooks.net...any-press-site/

Edit: Oh, it's not coming to Switch after all (Unless Nintendo is lying).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 07 June 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#20 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

The first thing I read in that article said it definitely isn't coming to switch.

Honestly, I don't really mind that it's not. It makes more sense to me to stick with the console a lot of people already have than to move immediately to a new console just because it's new.

#21 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:00 AM

What was wrong with BW2? It was honestly better than most "third" games content / change wise.

Crystal, Emerald and Platinum were the best of their respective sets.  Crystal added the gender option, amongst other things like animated Pokemon.  Emerald expanded on the story of Hoenn, and Platinum sped up the engine as well as had a boatload of new content.   Black and White 2 were improvements across the board with Black and White 2 when it comes to graphics (everything animated, even all the trainers) content and mechanics.

Edited by Koh, 07 June 2017 - 07:00 AM.

#22 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

The first thing I read in that article said it definitely isn't coming to switch.

Honestly, I don't really mind that it's not. It makes more sense to me to stick with the console a lot of people already have than to move immediately to a new console just because it's new.

Yeah, the article got updated. Either way Nintendo did make official promotional material portraying the game on the Switch.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 07 June 2017 - 08:54 AM.

• Jenny likes this

#23 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

Good story? I don't see that anywhere in BW2

I assume you say that due to what they did with team plasma? I kinda felt the explanations given for it were good enough honestly... considering it isn't exactly the same team plasma anyways.

Pokemon? Let's just flood Unova with old pokemon, contrary to what Gamefreak wanted to do with BW. They still didn't execute it as well as they could have in BW1, but at least Unova wasn't flooded with old pokemon.

You mean... like most other gens? Why is it only a problem here? You can still get Unova Pokemon around as easily as in BW1.

Personally, I still don't know if these new games are supposed to be sequels or not though.

• Shane and Ammako like this

#24 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Old pokemon flooding Unova I only had a problem with in Black/White 2 because perhaps the biggest selling point of Unova was that there was all new pokemon. It wasn't fully devoid of old pokemon in BW1, but you could only use the new pokemon until you get to the postgame; where you can get all the old ones. BW 2 went back on that completely.

The story sucks compared to BW1 because it is so shallow in comparison. It does not explore any sort of deep meaning to pokemon like what the first game did; it was just like any other pokemon game of "stop the bad guys because they are doing bad". Taking another of the first game's strong points and throwing it out completely to make it more like a generic pokemon game.

I enjoyed BW1 because it took the game in a different direction to what Pokemon normally does and the story was actually interesting for once. BW2 took everything BW1 did right and was sold on and threw it out of the window to make it like a generic game and then made most of what BW1 did wrong even worse. Maybe the thing I did wrong was expecting any more than a "enhanced" third version dressed as a sequel. Idk

Maybe it is too early to be having this opinion on Ultra, and I would be pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong, but my first impressions are not good.

• Jenny likes this

#25 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

The last Pokemon game that I had played was Pokemon X, and I truly enjoyed it... enough to play over 300 hours on it. :o I didn't get the Gen 3 remakes, nor did I get Sun or Moon, although I did want to pick up a copy of Moon... Now there are the second versions of these games. I do have Ultra Moon preordered on Amazon, but I would like to play through Sun or Moon beforehand, as I've never played the "second version" first before. Can't say I'll keep my preorder yet, but it's there for me if I want it.

• Jenny likes this

#26 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

It does seem really soon. I mean, SM will have barely been out a year upon the sequel's release, and I haven't finished moon yet.
  • Neppy and Cukeman like this

#27 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Oh, cool, another Pokemon game I have to get if I want to compete in tournaments...

Who needs patches when you can just release a whole new game?

Oh, I'll play it, no doubt about that, however, it's annoying they can't just centralize their online with balance patches, rather than just make a new game every-time.

• Anthus and Jenny like this

#28 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

So. I could be seeing things. And so could the other people I've seen who pointed this out, but... the end of the Pokken/USUM trailer at 3:15, just after the scene with merged Lunala, with the trainer activating that wristwatch... is it just me, or does that scene seem... quite the higher resolution than the rest of the trailer up until then? Maybe I'm imagining things, and maybe the Pokemon Company's "clerical error" when they "accidentally" listed USUM's Switch release as "TBD" was an excuse, but is this the most subtle of hints that Switch ports confirmed?

#29 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:40 AM

The video was rendered higher than the 3DS's resolution, if that's what you mean.

They also said no Switch version.

#30 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:44 AM

One of the theories that kept circling about a Switch release was walking animations for Pokemon found in Sun/Moon, but isn't that in place just for battling? There is a move where a Pokemon walks away from battle, then quickly turns around to shock/surprise/astonish the other Pokemon. Seem like walking would be potentially useful for move animations in general. Maybe even for Z moves where one Pokemon charges at another.

Edited by Cukeman, 10 June 2017 - 02:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users