Photo

Curse Of Eulyphia - Eternal Winter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (19 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this submission?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PureZC

PureZC

The Ultimate Zelda Classic Resource

• The PureZC

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Ever since I've been back into ZC (a couple of months now), I started this project in hopes of actually completing something for once. I've made this small demo, containing most of the introduction to my quest, Curse Of Eulyphia. I won't go into detail about the story itself (that's what the demo is for), but here's the general concept:

Recently the earth has been acting rather strangely in Hyrule. Many earthquakes have struck, and now harsh snowstorms bombard the towns of the kingdom, with almost no end in sight. Some noblemen sent by the King of Hyrule located some strange, dark energies, coming from the direction of Mt. Hylia. In a last-ditch effort to calm the earth from it's own destruction, things take a turn for the worst...

Some screenshots:

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Please note that what is shown in the demo is not all that I have. There are some other things that are made, but nothing is completley functional yet. I have about 60-70% of the second dungeon made, along with my plans for most of the game. Most of the game revolves around ice-type areas, but that is not all you will see. I plan to have the overworld change slightly depending on how far through the game you are, and I'm trying to come up with some unique mini-games for heart containers. Scripts that are used are kept to a bare minimum, nothing extremley flashy. I make all of my cutscenes with FFC's, timed warps, and a script to disable Link from moving, and screwing something up. icon_biggrin.gif

Now, my goal for the demo was to convey the general mood and structure of the storyline, so there isn't too much play-time on it.

Also, if you wait at the title screen long enough, a small cutscene will play. icon_thumbsup.gif

Curse of Eulyphia Demo Download:

http://sotw.purezc.c...r/CoETeaser.zip

If you play through it, let me know what you think! I always love to hear feedback!

#2 Jared

Jared

Entangled Destinies

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Wow...the demo was amazing! I can't wait for more. It's obvious so much work was put into this quest. An immediate 5 stars! icon_smile.gif

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

Amazing! I just wish the player had the ability to advance the text faster...

#4 Avaro

Avaro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Looks very interesting. I liked the cutscenes and the story icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

5 stars. It's obvious you will fix this but walking into the shop gets you stuck.

#6 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Wow...the demo was amazing! I can't wait for more. It's obvious so much work was put into this quest. An immediate 5 stars!

Thanks Jared! I'm glad you can see the effort I put in!

Amazing! I just wish the player had the ability to advance the text faster...

It COULD be possible, if I got a script that warped Link after the message string, instead of after a certain period of time. But it makes the cutscenes so much easier to work with, that's why you can't speed it up, you hit a timed warp everytime a message gets done playing.

Looks very interesting. I liked the cutscenes and the story

Thanks a lot man!

QUOTE(sonicfan350 @ Apr 16 2012, 06:53 PM) View Post

5 stars. It's obvious you will fix this but walking into the shop gets you stuck.

Woah icon_blink.gif

I did not know that. It's because the FFC that I have set to disable Link's movement carries over to the next screen, so you are frozen after the message...

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

If you set the "Messages freeze all action" quest rule, timed warps will be frozen while a string is onscreen.

I feel my last post didn't quite sum up how good this is. The story is great, the midis and sfx are great, the graphics are good (A couple sprites look odd in the cset you used for them like the owl for example. No biggie. You can easily fix that.) I'm really excited about this quest now! I think what amazes me the most is how much of this was done without scripts. That intro cutscene looked like something I'd have trouble making even with scripts!

#8 Rambly

Rambly

pierce the heavens

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Um... I guess for what it is it's okay, but why make it a quest file and not a YouTube trailer? There was, like, 10 minutes of content and hardly any of it was gameplay. Am I missing something? icon_confused2.gif

And yeah, the inability to speed up the text tripped me up--but so did the fact that messages continue playing regardless of whether or not you press A. I don't know if that's necessary to preserve the quest's timing or what, but it does kind of make getting through the strings of text unpleasant.

As for the story, well, I guess it's okay. I can't bring myself to care about stories that much unless they're either amazing or accompanied by solid gameplay, so don't take that too personally. icon_frown.gif

#9 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

You did a great job on the story and the cutscenes! I liked the choice of sounds and music. There isn't much gameplay for me to comment on more, though.

#10 ZeldaLink

ZeldaLink

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

This quest looks like it is a very good one, although the demo is very short, only a few minutes of gameplay. Nevertheless, I give this quest 5 stars.

#11 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Got a review for this one up, now. Even though there was next to no gameplay, this has to be one of my favorite ones now. I'm really looking forward to an actual playable demo.

Link to Review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users