Crumsc 2 General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

From the potion seller in the village: down, left, up, up, up, up, left (can walk across the river diagonally), down.

#17 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Thanks, your helps, James24.

I saw it, but haven't a key to open it. I remember got a key in a village's house. Did I lose it by bug?

Or did I miss another key in village?

Edited by Stray Sheep, 06 May 2018 - 11:15 PM.

#18 Bagel Meister

Bagel Meister

Initiate

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:37 AM

Did you use the key in a dungeon, then not find the original key?

Also, the maze path isn't random. If you go back into Level 1 after the Ladder, you can find a sign on the 2nd floor. Sorry if that was unclear from the cutscene.

#19 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:37 AM

Now in the lonely cave, one key left after got the lens, and on overworld haven't any key. So I think small key can't use in common.

Should I restart? And must beat nasty Lv1boss...

Edited by Stray Sheep, 07 May 2018 - 03:45 AM.

#20 Bagel Meister

Bagel Meister

Initiate

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

I think I realise the problem now...I'll work on an update: Improve the difficulty curve, and fix this key issue.

#21 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:25 AM

I restarted, and got a key in village surely (before beat Lv1). But I can't understand lost a key on previous playing why. Small key seems to be in common on overworld or main dungeon, but only lonely cave, I guess.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 07 May 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#22 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, the level 1 boss can't be beaten with 3 hearts, wooden sword and no potion I think.  But no big deal the reward is only a HCP, so you can wait until you're a lot stronger to fight it.  The problem is the village boss fight, if you don't have a red potion there, its almost impossible.  Some players enjoy the opening difficulty you have now Bagel, maybe you should retain it and have another easier version.

#23 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:12 PM

That's clearly not impossible. I just beat it with three hearts and bombs. 

#24 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, the level 1 boss can't be beaten with 3 hearts, wooden sword and no potion I think.  But no big deal the reward is only a HCP, so you can wait until you're a lot stronger to fight it.  

pLSVYH7.png

As strike said, bombs make the fight much easier. I also think there might be a bug in the boss that's making it harder than intended. Sometimes its shots don't split and the boss instead fires the next shot sooner than expected. But these fakeout shots don't seem to happen at all when you do a sort of circular motion in the top half of the screen, baiting the boss to fire into the top right corner between hits. This leads me to think the fakeout shots are actually some sort of bug where the splitting bullets get eaten by the walls of the dungeon...

#25 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Okay here are some thoughts, notes

-You need to make the path to the first sword a little clearer. I didn't know you could walk on that water.

-You can water walk in a lot of places in the under ground cave system to get out of bounds

-The first boss is too hard, even though it is doable

-How do I unlock the last key door in the first dungeon?

-In the cutscene where you first meet the guy, I would hold a direction and walk into a wall. One time there was a soft lock

-There's all sorts of weird things you can do with the ladder

-I got into the Lonely Crypt or whatever by water walking upward from the switch screen

-I'm definitely worried about wasting keys since they are all not level specific

-Starting over at the beginning of the overworld is not okay

-Having rooms where you have to kill peahats is not okay

I'm liking it so far.

-Strike

Also

-If the screen type is dungeon you can stand on the sides of the screens and the enemies can't hit you which is super convenient in the second level. I feel like it's kind of cheap.

-There's typos on the screen where you can get more bombs in the second level

Edited by strike, 07 May 2018 - 04:37 PM.

#26 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

I beat Lv1 boss before pass forest maze, so I think skilled players can beat it, but it's so difficult to general players.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 07 May 2018 - 06:26 PM.

#27 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:19 PM

You misunderstand me I said the first boss can't be beaten with just "3 hearts, wooden sword and no potion".  I didn't include the word bomb in there.  You try it with no bombs. 

#28 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

You misunderstand me I said the first boss can't be beaten with just "3 hearts, wooden sword and no potion".  I didn't include the word bomb in there.  You try it with no bombs. 

I think you a skilled player, and  believe beat Lv1 boss surely without any cheat. And if one beat it with any potion after passed forest maze anyway, I think it's good tactics.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 07 May 2018 - 10:29 PM.

#29 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

Where is the medicine?

The village mini boss is really hard and annoying in a bad way. I have only four hearts and no potion so it's really hard. Can you hit him with anything besides the sword? Any tips?

Also it is so obnoxious and stupid that you can get hit by the boss as he is jumping up to fire at you. That's doesn't make sense. 

Also it is annoying that the cutscene plays every time. 

Edited by strike, 11 May 2018 - 10:16 AM.

#30 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

Okay so I know I mentioned this before but you can use water walking to break parts of the quest. I got to the beach and the swamp early by water walking in the underground caves. I explored the whole empty right side of the map with the layer screens and stuff. I got out through the waterfall pay for more bombs screen in the bottom right corner. That's to get to the swamp early. To get to the beach early, I went to the left and went around the third level sword barrier if I remember right.

Here's a thread about water walking.

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=72349

-Strike

Edit: I also used the ladder to break some stuff. The screen with the second sword switch which unlocks one of barriers to the beach, you can go off the bottom of that screen using the ladder if you do it just right, moving slowly right before going off the bottom. Also in the swamp you can use the ladder to get around some trees and get a heart piece. Also in the swamp, you can get soft locked by getting to the transluscent blue water at the edge of the map using the ladder. And then you can't get out. 

Edited by strike, 11 May 2018 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users