Souls of Wisdom 2: Darkness Within

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Progress report: My first attempt in creating a freeform combo worked out wonderfully. This event involves the collapsing of the bridge in the battle with Rash. Instead of him and the bridge just disappearing you get to see the bridge collapse and see him plummet down with it. The added touch is rather satisfying. icon_smile.gif

#32 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

Progress: The Faron Province is now being built, when you enter it you start on a beach, but it isn't before long you are faced with a familiar foe.

#33 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

More Plans: I am planning on focusing on Character development in this quest extensively. Link still won't talk to people, being true to the series, but he will continue to talk in narrative between chapters as he recalls his journey from his point of view. Kind of like getting into his mind. The final boss will play a huge role in this story and will have a very confusing personality.

#34 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dSLszz4D41s

This is the official trailer for the making of this quest. Special thanks to Eviljbrian and Sorcereo for producing this fine job! icon_smile.gif

#35 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Who wants to volunteer to be the first person to explore the world of North Faron? It's still under construction, and does not yet contain enemies, caves, or houses. But for you exploration junkies out there, it is a fun first time experience into the overworld of Souls of Wisdom 2.

#36 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

That trailer looks superb, I'm really waiting forward to this! So the plot really grows out from the first episode, a true direct sequel, that's lovely!
I played one of the first versions of the demo and I must say, the roc's feather + sideviw areas is a killer fun! icon_smile.gif

#37 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thank you! I am extensively working on this quest. I officially nearly completed North Faron, and added the Shattered Temple (a reoccurring joke Temple from Shattered Courage, which is also in Souls of Wisdom). But will still play a vital role in the quest because it is where you will will gear up finally, recieve your 6 crystals, and get a huge chunk of the storyline.

The Undead Deity from Souls of Wisdom returns in this quest, but his character is filled with much more mystery this time. Why he returns is the biggest mystery of all. His death in Souls of Wisdom is canon, therefore his debut return and the reason for his return will cleverly be explained in the storyline.

Souls of Wisdom 2 will definitely have a much deeper plot that it's predecessor.

#38 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Looking very good much enjoyed Souls of Wisdom 1 already. the new tile-set definitely is much preferred.

#39 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Just watched the trailer...
IPB Image
This looks awesome!

#40 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Thank you! I started a twitter account to keep fans up to date! The username is @SoulsOfWisdom

I am working extensively on this quest, it will be a very large quest as the complete overworld will extend yet again, 6 overworld maps. This is the biggest challenge of all because I am NOT including a Dark World this time.

I will provide a few images of a couple maps, but keep in mind the are under construction.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 10 April 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#41 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

I like the sideview shots quite a lot! Very creative! Also love those maps but I wouldn't go using 2 different mountains - I'd stick with one, so maybe replace those GB mountains from the first map, with the ones used in the second and third map.

#42 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Those mountains are just landscape, the one in the top left corner will actually become a town. The other mountains only contain a heart piece. That map you see is one of 6 maps in total.

#43 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Souls of Wisdom 2 I am anticipating now is going the actually have a humongous overworld, my previous calculation was wrong. I anticipate it will have a total of over 7 complete maps to explore. They will all be highly detailed and and very much unique. But all of them will share similar qualities. Each map too will change as you progress, meaning from day, to sunset, to night, some areas will be foggy at times, others will be rainy. This world overworld will seriously blow your minds, in my humble opinion.

#44 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Partial map of South Lanayru (in the past before the construction of the Great Palace).

IPB Image

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 13 April 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#45 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

One thing that will be super fun about Souls of Wisdom 2 will be the magic spells, as all conventional items will be replaced. You will not use arrows, boomerangs, or bombs. But instead magic spells that replace them. This of course is not a brand new idea, and rather basic right now.

However, I am always creatively thinking on ways these items interact with the world of Souls of Wisdom 2, and that is where the game gets interesting, in the learning of what functions and powers each spell has. As these spells do level up and serve different functions.

Examples:

The rupee thrower, which replaces the arrows distracts hostile civilians. Because Link doesn't kill civilians, he is at their mercy, but tossing a rupee at them will stop them in their tracks just the same as the conventional boomerang would stun an enemy.

The candle will be replaced by Holy Light, it's attack power is stronger than most of your beginner spells, and it is very effective against stalfos, ghinis, gibdos, and all other undead creatures.

Hidden caves still exist, but the game does not feature bombs, and their replacements will not work, therefore you as the player will need to figure out which item will appropriately reveal a hidden passage.

Unlike most games, Nayru's love is replaced early in the game, you will get the fairy spell which makes you invincible for short times. The higher the level, the longer the effects remain.

Link's Golden Sword from Souls of Wisdom which you all already know by now has no effect outside of stunning enemies, but will get replaced by the Dark Sword which will be Link's main weapon in this game. He will instantly lose his unlimited beam and return to standard beam (which only works at full health). As you level up your sword, you will see changes affect its strength, beam capacity, and beam strength. The sword will not consume magic because I am not a total madman.

The magic ring, something new I'm adding to Souls of Wisdom 2 which is not in the original, is not a ring at all in this game. On the left side of the subscreen you will see your sword, your tunic, and a green medallion. These are similar to your basic three traditional upgrades from Zelda 2. The magic upgrade increases the amount and speed of magic recovery. So this eliminates any stress you would believe to be in a "all magic" quest, and gives players an unlimited amount of magic, but still being conscious on how magic is used.

This game has no potions, you will be given a healing spell which abilities also changes every level.

This game is heavily focused on a level up format, but all upgrades are purchased, and you can skip levels if you can afford stronger ones. So if your rupee thrower is on level 1, and if you can afford a level 4, you don't have to buy level 2 or level 3 rupee thrower. Also, you will learn that the enemies are very generous as they commonly drop hearts, magic jars, and all kinds of dough. Even the weakest of enemies will sometimes drop a red rupee. Of course though, as you would expect, stronger enemies increases your chances of getting serious dough, as some enemies will drop gold rupees or even a P bag which has a whopping 500 rupees.

Also, just like Souls of Wisdom, items may be cheaper in some locations, which of course can make you think twice of buying super expensive items, or wait to see if they become cheaper later. In other words, you can snicker when your friend's spent so much time saving for a 998 rupee Level 4 Sword, when you bought the exact same sword for 350 rupees.

Lots of thinking is gone into this quest. I am very careful to always keep fun factor in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users