Light of the Heavens 3.0

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

This revision is indeed different than the previous version. I am having fun solving puzzles and utilizing the new magnetic item.  I am however, stuck at the moment.  Coming out of the Lunar Shrine after getting a key from Rose, the key disappears from the inventory.

Is there a fix for this?  I am using version 2.5.  Thanks.

#2 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

The key shouldn't be visible anywhere, but should still be in your possession. Have you tried entering the Sky Tower with it? (I'm pretty sure that's the one it opens.)

#3 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

Tried that... The keyed door won't open.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

The key you get from Rose actually unlocks the Cloudtop Sanctum, which is why it isn't opening the Sky Tower door. From the entrance the sky (the screen with the ocarina mark), go up, left, down, left. To get the key to open the Sky Tower, you need to head up, left, left, and from there either up then left or left then up.

I'm glad you're enjoying this so far! Good luck!

#5 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Tried going left and got to the solar shrine where I got another key. Now back on the starlit heavens area, the key now appears, so I think I am now able to move forward.

Thanks for the quick reply Russ and for this fun and enjoyable quest.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

No problem. Thank you for playing it! Feel free to ask any more questions you have.

#7 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

I'm stumped in the Sky Tower using the magnet.  Are there any puzzle solvers out there?

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

The puzzle creator's here and more than happy to help you out. Which puzzle are you stumped on? I can give you a few nudges in the right direction or flat out tell you the solution, whatever you'd prefer.

#9 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Hi, Russ.

It's probably the two puzzles with item/key, which also has stumped me.  Would appreciate some directions here.

- The one on the upper right with 2 globes that need to be lit:  I can light each one at a time, but nothing happens.  It would really be a challenge if they need to be lit at the same time.  I just can't get the timing right... lol

- The room in the upper left where you need to align the prisms with the magnet:  Just can't get the alignment correctly.  I presume that this probably requires additional timing use of the boomerang, but just can't figure it out.

I'm having a blast, tho now a little frustrated, doing the puzzles with the magnet. What a great concept...

#10 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

i wasn't going to try this quest because I had played the first one and this one looked so similar (at first) but then I got to level two and the magnet ideas. How fun! I believe this is going to turn out to be a great " new" game. Thanks Russ

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

- The one on the upper right with 2 globes that need to be lit:  I can light each one at a time, but nothing happens.  It would really be a challenge if they need to be lit at the same time.  I just can't get the timing right... lol

They do have to be hit at nearly the same time (you're given one second of grace, so it doesn't have to be perfect), but it's not nearly as hard as it sounds. In fact, there's at least three different solutions to this puzzle. My intended solution involves firing the magnet shot into the whirlwind and drawing some of the mirrors closer. This allows you to create a really long path for the magic to take before it hits the switch, giving you enough time to fire magic into the path at the left, move over to the right, and fire magic at that switch. The other two solutions (discovered by Moosh and TS) both involve setting up an infinite loop on the left side. For example, here's TS's solution. The other works almost exactly the same way, except by pulling out the top twice with the magnet, rather than flipping it with the boomerang.

- The room in the upper left where you need to align the prisms with the magnet: Just can't get the alignment correctly. I presume that this probably requires additional timing use of the boomerang, but just can't figure it out.

This one is a bit trickier. The difficulty here is that, to get the mirrors in the right place to reflect magic to the bottom of the puzzle, the magnet needs to only pull on the mirrors a little bit. To get magic from the bottom of the puzzle to the switch, the magnet needs to pull on the mirrors a lot. To get around this, you need to pull the mirrors on the far left up a little bit, fire magic, and set up an infinite loop by bouncing magic back and forth along the bottom of the puzzle. Once you've got magic trapped there, you use the magnet to pull the mirrors at the top into position so that magic can hit the switch, and use the boomerang the break the infinite loop and send the magic up. I can create a video to show this if my explanation isn't clear.

i wasn't going to try this quest because I had played the first one and this one looked so similar (at first) but then I got to level two and the magnet ideas. How fun! I believe this is going to turn out to be a great " new" game. Thanks Russ

No problem! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

#12 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

Got both keys and now moving on. Whew!

The puzzles, new enemies and graphics are impressive. Thank you again for your help and for this great quest.

• Russ likes this

#13 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

I believe I have solved this puzzle but I do not see a response. what did I miss.

zelda045_zps39bb5285.png

#14 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

I believe I have solved this puzzle but I do not see a response. what did I miss.

zelda045_zps39bb5285.png

Push the lower block against the wall with the crack :)

#15 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Wow, fast response, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users