"No Continue Here After Warp" screen data

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:11 AM

I have a dungeon in which there is a scrolling warp between a lower room and an upper room. There is also a staircase leading up to the next floor of the dungeon in the lower room, and thus a warp return next to it. Here's the setup:

TTL-_Map15-_Warp_Edit.png

As you can see, the actual map entrance is at the bottom of the map.

The problem is this: if you die anywhere in the dungeon, even the upper floors, you start at the warp return next to the staircase as long as you go through the scrolling warp at the top, despite the "continue here" DMap data set at the actual map entrance. (All DMaps are Level 9.)

Now I know there's a quest rule, "Scrolling Warps Don't Set The Continue Point," and checking this rule solves the problem.

However, I also have multi-segmented overworld, and want the scrolling warps to set the continue point at the different segments of that particular map.

So I discover, under Screen Data S.Flags 2, there's a checkbox for "No Continue Here After Warp."

But... it doesn't seem to do anything, and even though I checked it for both the rooms on either side of the scrolling warp, I still continue at the staircase rather than the main entrance.

Does this mean the screen data flag is broken, or that it applies to something else? And if so, is there any way to disable this particular scrolling warp continue point while leaving the ones in the overworld enabled?

(FYI, the scrolling warp to DMap 2 is to disable the Whimsical Ring so that the boss guarding the item can't be shredded in a few hits.)

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

I think the best way to solve this problem is to not use a scrolling warp here. Why does the upper room need to be a different DMap?

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

Why does the upper room need to be a different DMap?

(FYI, the scrolling warp to DMap 2 is to disable the Whimsical Ring so that the boss guarding the item can't be shredded in a few hits.)

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Another option is, rather than using a scrolling warp, have a timed warp activate that takes you to an identical screen on the new dmap. I haven't tested to see if this works, but maybe?

#5 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

Another option is, rather than using a scrolling warp, have a timed warp activate that takes you to an identical screen on the new dmap. I haven't tested to see if this works, but maybe?

Building on this, you could have an invisible tile warp in the door in the boss chamber that takes you to the new DMap. Then use screen state carry-overs to get rid of the tile warp after the boss is dead, if you want.

#6 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:04 AM

Also important to keep in mind that Entrance/Exit warps often override the continue point. Perhaps your warp to the stairs is an Entrance/Exit?

Edit: I must add, often = on a dmap with a level number other than zero. I actually abused this functionality in my own quest to get rid of the continue here dmap flag, since I didn't like how it works. If you give your overworld dmaps a level number, the entrance/exit warps will set the continue point.

Edit 2: And if all else fails, I can make you a small script that will disable the whimsical ring on that screen. At least, I think that's possible.

Edited by Twilight Knight, 03 October 2017 - 08:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users