Considering Switching Tilesets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

One of the biggest points of this project was the tile set I was working on, but I am currently thinking about switching over to another set. I have drawn up the beginning area in Sheik's "BCMC Resource" set. I'm not sure if I will stick with it, and honestly, both his set, and mine are about the same level of completeness. I will have to add my own house interiors, and dungeon interiors, as well as a few items, so we'll see how it goes. :)

I have just begun learning how to use the new set, and I've set up a few combo aliases to help me out, and this is what I've come up with so far.

Posted Image

I really like the feel of the set, and ever since Relic did a similar BS/MC hybrid styled quest (Hyrule Fantasy) I have always loved the aesthetic of the BS and MC tiles together.
  • Marthlink likes this

#2 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

I like that tileset too. There is one thing I find wierd. You said "BSMC Resource". But there's a newer version of the set. You can find it here. (If you're already using it, then this was pointless. I just wanted to tell you that you may be using an outdated version.)

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Umm..

What? Why change to BS/MC tileset? I loved the unique tileset this quest was using. It was something very special.
Since you are only "considering" it, I vote against the change. Hope someone thinks same as me :D

(I mean, the new looks very beautiful, but the current tileset looks better and also fits the quest better)

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

@L L L L L LINK:
Oh, wow, that is awesome, I had no idea an update had been released. It looks like there have been house/ dungeon interiors added. I will look through this. :)

@Avataro:
Thanks, that actually means a lot in a way, cause I didn't think anyone liked the current look of the quest. To be honest, I don't know which way I'll take the graphics. I am partial to both for my reasons, but I want whichever one can help me realize my game better. I liked having something that didn't look like anything else, but at the same time, it was, frankly, a lot of work to make something that ugly :P. What I mean is, I want to focus more on making the game, rather than messing with the graphics. The BSMC set needs a few things still, but the stuff that is there is awesome, and allows for a ton of design capabilities, and if it's ever fully completed, may become the most versatile set out there.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Oh! Nice to see somebody using this. I would suggest to go with the updated version. It terms of usability and completeness it's much superior. It takes a slightly different graphical approach, though.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Oh! Nice to see somebody using this. I would suggest to go with the updated version. It terms of usability and completeness it's much superior. It takes a slightly different graphical approach, though.

Yeah, it is an awesome compilation. I'm torn though, cause I really want to try out the new version, but it appears that the combos don't match, so it will be impossible to save the screens I already made when switching into the new set. But, It only took me a few hours to make those screens, so I guess it's not such a huge deal.

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

I just thought I'd let everyone know, I've decided against switching tilesets. I love the BS MC set, but I figured if I have to edit and add a lot of graphics either way, I might as well use the set I already started. Plus, I still love the way it looks, but I do want to re-organize the palettes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users