Photo

Reverse tseuqeR

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:38 PM

Seriously though, I'm not requesting any scripts to be made. Instead it's a request for script requests. Make sense? Good. If you request something or have a good idea and I make it, I'll post it here as soon as It's finished. icon_smile.gif

Conditions:

The quest I'm building in no way contains any of the following; Link, Gannon, Mountains, Trees, Water combos, brush, loz enemies, Princesses, Gravity, Interior rooms, Push Blocks, Conveyers, Statues, Inherent flags, Magic containers, or Heart containers. Therefore a request for a hookshot that grabs a ComboF[] and pulls Link across a chasm isn't going to work at all....in fact I'm not even using items. icon_wink.gif ...well one atm/.

So what does that leave?:

Items, Magic, Weapons, ffc weapons, custom enemies, ffc enemies, enemy weapons, but particularly player special attacks. You may even spam me with psuedo-ridiculous weapon comments/suggestions! The more vague and whacked out, the better! icon_biggrin.gif

...aaaand......Go!

#2 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

I got an idea.

Thunder Wand

When activated, uses about 32 magic (and plays a sound effect, of course icon_razz.gif) and places a 2x2 tile block in a completely random place for a few seconds. The tiles hurt enemies for about 20 damage if they touch it.

Crazy enough for you?

Edited by gray0x, 20 April 2008 - 09:47 AM.

#3 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Black Hole

It sucks in everything (and I mean everything: Link, Enemies, Weapons, Items, etc) in a swirly motion and destroys the objects it touches. It shoots from Link ahead 3 tiles or so, sucks all objects in, (Link is dragged in the least amount) and dissipates after 10 seconds.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:01 AM

The red ring of death. When used, it zaps all of Link's magic, takes some of his health, but sends out a shock wave that kills every single enemy on screen.

#5 Rynol

Rynol

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:11 AM

Look to Gradius. OPTIONS.

An item that, when used, spawns an FFC that floats around you in one way or another, and attacks whenever you do (ranged? another melee? Some kind of field? Dunno.)

Other ideas are a forcefield - item that drains MP to create a radius around the player that, if an enemy (and possibly certain FFCs, for puzzle purposes) goes within the radius, it's knocked back with some to no damage, but way far distance away.

Fly-by-wire projectile - an FFC weapon-like thing that you control and steer through to hurt things (Kinda like the level 2 boomerang in Oracle of Seasons, or vaguely like the boomerang in Phantom Hourglass... But not necessarily a boomerang. Feel free to even make the projectile capable of other things entirely!)

I can't think of enemies, especially flavorwise, without knowing more about this quest, though.

#6 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

Is this a serious thread? If so, then I've been needing a boss script: (copy and paste from reqeust thread)

Remember NoeL's quest with Botha, the plant boss? I am using those tiles. I need it to sit in the back of the room where botha originally did with it's eye closed. While it sits there, There will be three vines that are 2 tiles tall that pop up out of the ground one at a time. To get the vines away, you have to hit them with the boomerang. After the vines are defeated, the eye will open and it will try to suck you in. Linkus already made the pull to center script for me. After it tries to suck you in, then you can hit it with the sword. You have to do this 5 times. And when you defeat it, could the script warp you to a new screen? Thanks.

Here is a picture of Botha for those of you who don't know:
IPB Image

And here is the "vacuum" script that Linkus made to add to the boss script:

CODE

import "std.zh"

ffc script vacuum{
    void run(){
        while(true){
            int x = 128;
            int y = 84;
            float b; float p; float q;
            int suckx = 1;
            int sucky = 1; //suction pawer
            //int r = n; //r is radius in pixels
            this->X = x; this->Y = y;
            p = Link->X - x;
            q = Link->Y - y;
            b = Tan(q / p); //checks angle between Link and FFC
            //if(r <= (sqrt((p * p) + (q * q)))
            //^distance formula to check if Link is in range.
            //remove "//' at the beginning of lines 7, 11, and  
            //42 and replace "n" with length of radius.    

if((b == 0) && (p > 0)){
                    Link->X -= suckx;
                }
                if((b > 0) && (b <= 90) && (p > 0) && (q > 0)){
                    Link->X -= suckx; Link->Y -= sucky;
                }
                if((b == 0) && (q > 0)){
                    Link->Y -= sucky;
                }
                if((b >= -90) && (b < 0) && (p < 0) && (q > 0)){
                    Link->X += suckx; Link->Y -= sucky;
                }
                if((b == 0) && (p < 0)){
                    Link->X += suckx;
                }
                if((b > 0) && (b <= 90) && (p < 0) && (q < 0)){
                        Link->X += suckx; Link->Y += sucky;
                }
                if((b == 0) && (q < 0)){
                    Link->Y += sucky;
                }
                if((b >= -90) && (b < 0) && (p > 0) && (q < 0)){
                        Link->X -= suckx; Link->Y += sucky;
                }
            //}
        Waitframes(3); //controls suck rate
        }
    }
}

Edited by ZebraStallion, 20 April 2008 - 08:49 AM.

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

How about something simple, like bomb arrows? I don't think they have been done, and they open up so many puzzle and enemy options. Basically, it's something that shoots almost exactly like an arrow (maybe a little slower) and when it hits something, it spawns a normal bomb. In your quest, you could even use this as a missile launcher or something similar. icon_shrug.gif Just a thought.

#8 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

3 more for 'ya. icon_razz.gif

"super" Magic Wand
Shoots 3 spread out magic shots, as so:

CODE

~
~       |     ~
     \  || /
      LINK

Slight Edit to the Thunder Wand
Does the same thing as the Thunder Wand I requested, but only 1 tile of attack, uses more magic, plays different SFX, and does tons more damage.

Protection Wand
Freezes Link, places a transparent tile on him, and absorbs all projectiles for 3 seconds or so. Uses magic and plays sfx of course.

#9 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

OOH! I'll take a shot at the bomb arrows! icon_lol.gif... it's a pun.

How about a working Cane of Byrna? icon_deformed.gif *gets shot by _L_*
Or a Cane of Pacci.

#10 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

enemy that flies overhead and drops bombs.

and... hmmm...

spiral arrows.

when fired, they spiral around link, instead of straight ahead.
and also, it could use magic.

magnet bombs. bombs that do not detonate unless an enemy hits them. they are pulled toward an enemy when the enemy comes nearby. (could also be used as a trap for link)

bomb wand. shoots bombs instead of magic

insanity potion. makes the screen wavy and tinted red for a little but while some SFX play for link attacking and kills all enemies on the screen.

mirrored enemies. 2 enemies that have inverted movement compared to eachother. like an enemy looking in a mirror.

rocket launcher enemy. enemy that shoots 3 bombs at once.

an item that kils. basically if link has this item his health is set to 0

have fun XD

#11 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(Rynol @ Apr 20 2008, 01:11 AM) View Post

Look to Gradius. OPTIONS.

You mean like this? icon_cool.gif
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mHs_WFQaKYA
..some type of open source community tileset/script umm thingy coming soon..I'd hope some people would be interested.
QUOTE(Rynol @ Apr 20 2008, 01:11 AM) View Post

Other ideas are a forcefield - item that drains MP to create a radius around the player that, if an enemy (and possibly certain FFCs, for puzzle purposes) goes within the radius, it's knocked back with some to no damage, but way far distance away.

Fly-by-wire projectile - an FFC weapon-like thing that you control and steer through to hurt things (Kinda like the level 2 boomerang in Oracle of Seasons, or vaguely like the boomerang in Phantom Hourglass... But not necessarily a boomerang. Feel free to even make the projectile capable of other things entirely!)

I can't think of enemies, especially flavorwise, without knowing more about this quest, though.

Very good other idea's. I like you.

To some degree I've done things very similar to these. For example a tornado that sucks in enemies, and a shield that knocks back enemies via a rotating shield. (See My Script Emporium thread. )

Oh ZebraStallion: Tricky with boomerang triggers right now...not really possible with scripts. It would have to be Gleeok-orized a bit too. Like the tentacles for instance, you'd kill them with the sword too...however you could make the boomerang deal damage also.

I'm also hearing alot about bomb arrows...bomb bait, stuff that EXPLODES!!! basically..things that suck, and things that blow is a recurring theme...so, I give you......

...drumroll...

Nathan Lane!

*Runs away pushing small children and elderly people out of teh way so as not to lose momentum.*

Edited by Gleeok, 22 April 2008 - 07:45 AM.

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Apr 22 2008, 07:41 AM) View Post

You mean like this? icon_cool.gif
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mHs_WFQaKYA
..some type of open source community tileset/script umm thingy coming soon..I'd hope some people would be interested.
Very good other idea's. I like you.

Oh ZebraStallion: Tricky with boomerang triggers right now...not really possible with scripts. It would have to be Gleeok-orized a bit too. Like the tentacles for instance, you'd kill them with the sword too...however you could make the boomerang deal damage also.

Is it possible to make it so you warp every time it's hit with a boomerang?

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

Yes, but you could just do that with secret combos.
And it's a bit tacky.

#14 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

Why don't you invent your own ORIGINAL boss rather than stealing someone else's idea? icon_shrug.gif icon_razz.gif Don't be a copycat.

#15 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(Beefster @ Apr 22 2008, 10:18 PM) View Post

Why don't you invent your own ORIGINAL boss rather than stealing someone else's idea? icon_shrug.gif icon_razz.gif Don't be a copycat.

Is that towards me? icon_confused2.gif cuz I didn't steal anything. icon_shrug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users