Photo

Screenshot of the Week 156

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 156 (66 member(s) have cast votes)

5 superb shots this week.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

Stop moaning and whining about subscreens already! This is Sotw, anything from ZC goes unless HL says otherwise eh?

#17 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

I dunno... Gashins is nice to look at but nothing really new, Revfans is intersting but the smal link contrasts with the rest of the screen and there isent much going on there, and Sharons is amazingly good screen setup but boring tiles.

I cant bring myself to vote for any of them so Ill have to go with a null.

#18 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

in other words: THEY ALL SUCK! SO NULL VOTE! Right Eatincake? XD

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

Wow. These all look pretty sweet. Let's get to work.

Relic

This gets my vote. I like it. It's arranged very well, and the colors appeal to me. Also, your subscreen rocks. *votes*

Revfan9

Close second place. On the contrary, I think all the balls make a nice touch. I'm guessing that Ark is Terranigma's main character? Other than that, awesome screen.

Sharon Daniel

Very well laid out, I'll say. Other than that, nothing really special here.

Anthus

icon_drool.gif

That's just plain beautiful. Overall beautiful, tie with Revfan for second place. It creates a good sense of distance between the mountains Link is currently on and the mountains in the background, with the field in between.

alfinchkid

Sorry dude, but not much of an accomplishment. The ALttP Subscreen is a subscreen choice in the betas anyway; this just took a little ripping and editing. I love ALttP to death, but this is too simple. Though if subscreens could be imported, I would definitely use it. icon_biggrin.gif

#20 masterlink3000

masterlink3000

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

Relic wins hands down!

#21 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

*votes for Relic*

#22 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

Hmm... I don't wanna vote for Relic since it's just like his other screens, no real improvement.. and blue octorocks in a desert? That's kinda odd...

There's really nothing much I like this week, which is a bit of a shame... gunna have to think about this and weigh up each shot, since I don't like nulling.

-~@) EDIT (@~- (go you little spermies, get inside that edit!)

Ehem... voted for Sharon Daniel. Screen design won it for me, though I don't particularly like those mountains, and the palette is a bit too dull. Some more vibrant colours and it'll look better (reminds me of when MSC updated his palette to something more vibrant. Was a good move imo).

Edited by NoeL, 12 March 2007 - 09:30 PM.

#23 alfinchkid

alfinchkid

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

Relic wins my vote. Awesome graphics, nice little caption. I love the realisticness of the landscape areound there.

I just couldn't bring myself to vote for myself, I think that would be cheating.

Oh, and those graphics were the closest I could find in the ALttP Tileset. I drew up a nice magic cape that I may post in DE (where te sparks are)...

And those who complain it's too organized or too bland: It's exactly like the GBALttP version (well, take into account that this is for zc, so I changed some text in the lower-leeft box). I guess the black background shouldn't be in the text... I COULD fix that... And the spacing is a little bit off... but it had to be to get it in correctly. I didn't want the first square to be a big empty box. The ALttP subscreen is smaller pixelwise than ZC's. heck, everything is...

Sorry if I sound mad, I'm not. I just wanted to point corrections out.

#24 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(alfinchkid @ Mar 13 2007, 08:09 AM) View Post

Relic wins my vote. Awesome graphics, nice little caption. I love the realisticness of the landscape areound there.

I just couldn't bring myself to vote for myself, I think that would be cheating.

Oh, and those graphics were the closest I could find in the ALttP Tileset. I drew up a nice magic cape that I may post in DE (where te sparks are)...

And those who complain it's too organized or too bland: It's exactly like the GBALttP version (well, take into account that this is for zc, so I changed some text in the lower-leeft box). I guess the black background shouldn't be in the text... I COULD fix that... And the spacing is a little bit off... but it had to be to get it in correctly. I didn't want the first square to be a big empty box. The ALttP subscreen is smaller pixelwise than ZC's. heck, everything is...

Sorry if I sound mad, I'm not. I just wanted to point corrections out.

Look... The problem is that it is exactly like the GBA LttP subscreen. There is no originality to it. At the very least, Peteo's subscreen was an original design.

#25 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

I'd just like to mention to the people who see my screen as a Minish Cap screen; It's not. The only things Minish Cap about it are the rocks, grass, and the stair. Everything else is either custom made or ripped from other Zelda games. I honestly don't see why you call it a Minish Cap screen...

Anyway

#26 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

It's probably the high level of detail and how the style is, in a way, somewhat similar - especially the trees, since they seem to capture the essence of TMC. But that's the great part - not FROM TMC and completely original and fully detailed. Pwnage.

#27 alfinchkid

alfinchkid

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Mar 13 2007, 07:03 AM) View Post

Look... The problem is that it is exactly like the GBA LttP subscreen. There is no originality to it. At the very least, Peteo's subscreen was an original design.

Hmmm... I designed it to be exactly. It's like that "correct" pallete of the classic tileset that was added into the database a little bit ago. It wasn't supposed to be original. It is the exact replica of the real thing. No customization. Nothing. That's why that tileset's so good, he didn't add tiles, he just got what he wanted done. I tried that in this subscreen, too.

But I'm not telling you how to vote. I don't care if I lose. I just wanted something in SotW, to be honest. icon_razz.gif

#28 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(alfinchkid @ Mar 13 2007, 05:31 PM) View Post

Hmmm... I designed it to be exactly. It's like that "correct" pallete of the classic tileset that was added into the database a little bit ago. It wasn't supposed to be original. It is the exact replica of the real thing. No customization. Nothing. That's why that tileset's so good, he didn't add tiles, he just got what he wanted done. I tried that in this subscreen, too.

But I'm not telling you how to vote. I don't care if I lose. I just wanted something in SotW, to be honest. icon_razz.gif

No. You still don't understand. SotW is about something that you made. It's trying to make the most creative screen possible. You did the exact opposite. I think it's a nice subscreen, but it's not an original design. It shouldn't be here, is what I am saying.

#29 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

You're wrong Revfan. The competition isn't who made the most "creative" sreen; it's simply who made the "best" screen. It's up to the voters to decide what makes a screen "best".

#30 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

Well, I think I can express what I want to say better with this image:

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users