Photo

Screenshot of the Week 156

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 156 (66 member(s) have cast votes)

5 superb shots this week.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:49 PM

Sorry for this being so late guys, but the shots this week will make the wait worth it. So enjoy. icon_wink.gif

Relic
IPB Image
Being hatless when trying to hide in yellow grass has it's perks.

Revfan9
IPB Image
I have a feeling I shouldn't touch anything here, but it's just so tempting...

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image
How will Link get past the Tektites?

Anthus
IPB Image
Link first sets foot on Mt. Epic.

alfinchkid
IPB Image
My ALttP subscreen for you to enjoy.

I will get working on SotY on Tuesday! Enjoy your SotW. icon_wink.gif

#2 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

I really like alfinchkid's subscreen. <3
I thought the ALttP Lantern was red?

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

Yay it's here.

Relic: :Vote: It's a real cool shot with a lot of action in it, I like it. The only thing I don't like is the fact that there is a bunch of tall grass half the height of Link, with no transition surrounding it, but whatever.

Revfan9: It's pretty cool, I like the graphics and the use of the RPG style walls, but... Link looks like a doll or something, all of the furniture and stuff in the room is massive compared to him.

Sharon: It's a cool shot, like 2nd place by 1 point. I really like the palette, and the design.

Anthus: It's pretty cool too, I just don't like the flat horizon cut-off and then there are suddenly mountains in the background, but what can you really do. There isn't much action in it either, unless you meant it to be that way.

Alfinch: Nothing against you, but I have never found the justice in voting for a subscreen. It's pretty cool, and looks pretty much like the LttP one, but maybe you should take the black out of the background of the text.

All good shots this week though, good job. I need to get off of my butt and get a Lock of the Spirits shot in here...

#4 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:42 PM

I voted for Revfan9. I like the design of the screen this time around. The only thing that bothered me is just because of something you yourself brought up to me. You said my Link didn't match the screen, because he was too big. Now, if you look at your screen, your Link is way too small. That is a huge bed for a little Link. lol

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:29 AM

Relic: Nice MC scene, well detailed.
Revfan9: Good. But nothing more for me.
Sharon Daniel: I like this screen very much: it was put together so well.
Anthus: Almost gets my vote. The scenery is extreme beautiful and the foreground matches it this time.
alfinchkid: Gets my vote! Usually I'm not voting for subscreens, but LttP is my very soft side. Looking at that screen, I really feel the LttP mood. Of course, it's not the same as the real LttP one, but still excites me. I want to have something mostly similar, but a little different for my quest.

#6 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:44 AM

Relic

Hmm... Usually for HF, your bright palette works well, but it makes all the browns blend together too well in this shot. Because everything else is brown, the boulder and the mountains stick out far too much. The boulder doesn't even match the same style as the rest of the shot. Also, you are using the MC rocks waaayyyy too much, but at least you are using the different varieties instead of using the same one over and over.

Revfan

YOU SUCK. I know the Link is too small. I don't like any of the big Links that are floating around and I tried to find the best looking one. For an actual quest, I would probably take out the time to rip Ark so it will all match. I also criticize the way I overused those little balls of... something on the floor.

Sharon Daniel

Above-average use of Pure. My complaints are that the shot is too focused on the top half of the screen. This would be more than fine for a quest, but for SotW it's important to balance everything out. Also, there is something horribly wrong with that waterfall.

Anthus

Hmm... The background's colors don't match the rest of the shot, and there is really nothing going on here. There is a screen balance issue here as with Sharon's shot, and you overused the tornado-tree-thingy. The Pokemon tree just clashes with the rest of the screen. Also, your "texture" for the grass sucks. Period. The background isn't particularly spectacular either. Sorry.

alfinchkid

Dude... What... The... F***...

Why the hell is this in SotW? Not only is this a subscreen, which I disapprove of already, but it's not even an original design. There is no reason anyone should vote for this. Ever. There is no reason for it to even be here. The Z3 subscreen is also pretty much emulated within ZC by default, so this could be done quickly and easily with some editing. I'm sorry, but this is possibly the most pointless and most terrible SotW submission I have ever seen.

Null'd, for obvious reasons. If a moderator thinks my criticizing of Alfinchkid's shot is too harsh/flaming, I'll remove it on simple request.

#7 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:44 AM

Woah, revfan deserves the victory this time. That's a pretty cool inside shot you got there! Lots of detail and everything.

Gashin is a good second. The screen design is nice and it has lots of detail, but somehow I just don't like those colors that much, and maybe I've just seen too much of HF already...

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:21 AM

Relic: Awesome graphics, but the screen design could use a little work.
Revfan: Graphics seem to carry this pic and nothing else. All details are exactly as they logically should be, so thus no creativity here.
Sharon Daniel: By far, the most detailed screen layout I've seen. Its not the most fancy, but it has the most interesting screen design and gets my vote.
Anthus: This would have been my runner-up after Sharon with cool background, but the screen design is lacking a bit for the bottom. And if Revfan hates the grass texture and Pokemon tree, he should NOT play Lost Isle, we utilize those immensely.
Alfinchkid: Its a sub-screen, no vote from me unless you bring something new to the table.

#9 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

Relic gets my vote.

Everyone did a good job, but Relic's stands out more to me.

BTW, isn't there a sunbscreen thread somewhere else in this forum?
They're nice and all, but really material for SotW.

#10 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

Nice screenshots this week.

Relic: Its nice and perfect for a Darkworld screen. Nice job as always, Relic.

Revfan9: This shot really stand out.. I really like the interiors. Great job. *votes*

SD: Nice use of PrinceMSC's mountain, though it reminds me of a screen he made...

#11 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

Relic: Luvverly juberly! It doesn't need changing one tiny bit!

Revfan: REVFAN! REEEVFAAAAAAN! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!Yes I saw Link's shield! Yes, it's LiB! Andrew, Billy and I are gonna look like crap compaired with those graphics! But, Totally Awesome shot! cooooooool!

Sharon: The waterfall seems to travel over the mountain in an unnatural way, it needs fixing.

Anthus: Great screen design, but the pure mountains look a bit sucky compaired with the background.

Alfinchkid: Great conversion! I'm gonna place it side by side with Dart Zaiders and compair 'em now:
IPB ImageIPB Image
Ahar...

#12 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

I think my vote goes to affinchkid, but I think he got some inspiration of me.
See, Crystals were going to be my own original triforce, based on my own custom stories, so...

#13 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

(God the voting was hard on this one...)
Relic: This is just pure awesomeness - you look at the screen and you want to just look at each individual part and just say wow or something like that. Problem is, when you try resting your eyes on the screen as a whole, well... it's a little unsettling due to the sheer amount of detail. It's the type of shot you want for SotW... but it could a little improvement in the "rest your eyes on this little beauty 'ere for one minute." I think I can go for... 40 seconds... then my eyes start to hurt a little.

Revfan9: Whew... on par with Relic. And this was why it was hard to vote. More "rest your eyes on this for a minute." It's the floor... - although beautiful and well detailed, due to its natural pattern, it kinda hurts the eyes especially after about 30 seconds. But nonetheless, a fantabulous shot with great screen design.

Sharon Daniel: The screen design is perfectly fine - the problem is, it's too linear. Sure, you can see some difference... but not really enough. Also, the way the waterfall falls over the cliff and how it's portrayed as opposed to the rest of the screen... well, that's the thing - it opposes; in other words, it stands out a little too much. I think different waterfall tiles could fix it... that, or a slightly altered screen design.
The only problem with getting more waterfall tiles that could fit with that set is that you'd either have to wait for someone else to make 'em or make them yourself.

Anthus: Nice... a different type shot going more for perspective - good job with it... but somehow, I think it needs to be changed, though I wouldn't know myself how. Also, it's looks a little... ragged. I mean, you can see the outline of everything so clearly, making some things not blend with the rest. And finally, that orange tree in the middle - the shadow below it is black? I think it can be a little lighter - this would make it blend better with the rest of the shot. Right now, it just looks like a hole with a random prettyful tree sticking out of it. But good lord... that is one heck of a background. I think the background vs. the foreground has a little too much color contrast though...

alfinchkid: Agreed with Revfan9 - Put some originality into it, man! Maybe you could detail it a bit more, mayhaps by putting a picture on the subscreen with the items overlaying it. Right now, it just looks like a Zelda Classic version of the ALttP subscreen, which I know of course is what you aimed for, but as I said earlier - it's practically the same thing. Having one plain color for the subscreen background makes it kinda bland if you ask me. Anyhow, it's a nice conversion with an excellent job of doing so - just needs more added to it.

*voted Relic (freaking close one...)*

#14 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

Gashin: Yawn. Just another Minish Cap screen, that everyone seems to ogle over time after time after time. It's good - I'll give it that. But you've overdone this kind of screenshot to death.

Revfan9: What are those things that look like rocks? What are those two long green and brown things that look bad? The bed's shadow bothers me a little. Other than that, the graphics fit surprisingly well with the Link you are using, although I'm still not sure how well that perspective would work in-game Zelda Classic. Let's go with this one.

Mighty Darknut: Pretty standard pure screen. The waterfall looks very unusual; it looks as though part of the land is going behind it. It just ends up looking strange at that perspective. Other than that, a solid screenshot.

Anthus: That black shadow of the tree looks TERRIBLE. The background isn't all that hot either; the base of the mountain just looks undefined (it's too flat down there).

alfinchkid: What's with the hammer graphic? This screenshot isn't anything special.

#15 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

Who you consider best in this competiton really relies a lot on what you value most for each. Considering that, it wasn't easy for me to make a choice, but I am brave enough not to null vote.

Relic - Good work like you usually do, although not among the best of what I have seen from you. While it is very well detailed like most of what I see from you, the grass layout in the middle seems to contrast too much with what is surrounding it.

Revfan9 - Excellent graphics, decent design. There seems to be too much open floor space for a typical bedroom, though.

Sharon Daniel - While not the most spectacular graphics, the effort and talent of great design is clearly seen here, down to every detail. At first glance I wouldn't have voted for this, but after looking at everything long enough, this one grew on me the most, and thus landed with my vote.

Anthus - While the background is a very nice touch in general, it doesn't seem to blend in well with the more primitive looking foreground. Personally, I think an entire screenshot should show pretty much the same level of advancement in graphics throughout.

alfinchkid - While I think subscreens in general deserve to have a fighting chance in SotW, I am not really seeing the creativity with this particular one. Clearly it is well organized, which is a plus, but there needs to be more to it than just that.

And about your comment Revfan9: I have no problems with you expressing any of the opinions that you gave in your post. However, you should do so in a way that is less insulting and less rude. The opinions are not the problem, but rather how you chose to express them. Saying a phrase like "Dude... What... The... F***..." is completely unnecessary, as that part is like empty calories. It is expression without the supporting opinion. I hope I explained that good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users