19 replies to this topic

#1 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Signpost

By Joe123

Description

Turns the combo underneath the ffc into a signpost.

Screenshots and Demo

N/A

Code

Code

Setup

Place the ffc exactly on top of a solid combo with a signpost graphic.
Give the ffc this script, and a transparent combo that's not combo 0
D0 is the message string to play
D1 is which button to check for when reading the singpost, 0 is A, 1 is B, 2 is L and 3 is R

The script will only function correctly with both the 'Messages Freeze All Action' and the 'Messages Disappear' Quest Rules checked.

Note: This script uses a number of functions common to some other scripts of mine in the database. These functions should only be included in your script file once

Resources

N/A

#2 Jared

Jared

Lost at sea

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

I put two of these FFC's in one room. One works, and one doesn't. I put both the strings in D0, so what's going on? The one that's not working is on a layer, too. It worked with more than one in a room before, in RC1 and 2. I'm using RC3 now. What's going on?

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Could it be that the FFC is juuust out of Link's reach so it doesn't actually read that he's close enough to trigger it?

#4 Jared

Jared

Lost at sea

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

I keep changing it, so he's partly on it, not on it at all, ALL on it, nothing works.

#5 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Odd...I got two to work on the same screen. Did you maybe forget to set the D1 argument to what you're using for your other signs? No offence or anything; I just want to be sure is all. icon_smile.gif

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(Jared @ Mar 10 2012, 07:02 PM) View Post

The one that's not working is on a layer, too.

On a layer? You mean you placed the FFC on the the layer screen, or you put the solid combo on the layer? FFCs don't work on layers.

#7 Jared

Jared

Lost at sea

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

D1 is 0, I want it to be talked to with A.

I mean on a layer, as on a spot with layer 1 is used. Not on the layer 1 screen.

#8 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

Well, that shouldn't make any difference.

The last thing I can think of is to make sure it's on the 16x16 grid. If it's even 1 pixel off, it can mess the script up.

#9 Yoshi

Yoshi

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Every time I try to put this into my quest, it fails to compile...

#10 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Are you actually importing"std.zh" before hand.

#11 Jared

Jared

Lost at sea

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Can anyone help me? I'm having this problem again...

IPB Image

I tried placing it on the end of a counter thing, but when I make Link talk to the guy (Or the FFC, if you wanna get technical), it won't work. I am assured the script is set up perfectly. Any idea why this is happening? icon_frown.gif

#12 JetBox

JetBox

No Box to be Found

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

okay, problems. i have the solid combo that looks lik a sign at this point and the ffc right over it. i have the ffc to transparent combo 1, and thats it. i have the D things set up and everything. the thing is, when i step on that screen, i can't walk as if every combo becomes solid, even though i checked and i have walkable ground. whats up?

edit: okay, found the problem. sorry, but apperently i had so layers and for transparent combo, i used one unwalkable. i should be more careful and look harder.

Edited by jetbox, 24 November 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#13 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(Guardian @ Sep 9 2012, 07:15 PM) View Post

Can anyone help me? I'm having this problem again...

IPB Image

I tried placing it on the end of a counter thing, but when I make Link talk to the guy (Or the FFC, if you wanna get technical), it won't work. I am assured the script is set up perfectly. Any idea why this is happening? icon_frown.gif

Move it two pixels to the right, and maybe pone pixel up. It must be exactly on to of another tile. When I make the FFC for a sign, or person, I usually select a combo that is the same as the one I'm putting it over so it is easy to see if it miss aligns icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(jetbox @ Nov 24 2012, 02:30 PM) View Post

okay, problems. i have the solid combo that looks lik a sign at this point and the ffc right over it. i have the ffc to transparent combo 1, and thats it. i have the D things set up and everything. the thing is, when i step on that screen, i can't walk as if every combo becomes solid, even though i checked and i have walkable ground. whats up?

edit: okay, found the problem. sorry, but apperently i had so layers and for transparent combo, i used one unwalkable. i should be more careful and look harder.

I don't think the FFC works on layers, but you can safely place them over combos on layer 0, and it will be fine.

#14 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

!~~ah~~ha~~!

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

The tilde ( ~ ) key toggles the grid in ZQuest. It'll help plentifully with aligning FFCs.

#15 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Strange, considering this is just an FFC script, and not a global script. I simply just add this script to my already existing script page, but the script compiler detects an error. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users