SotW Announcements & Post Contest Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1613 replies to this topic

#1501 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

Yeah it’s no problem. This seems like an edge case anyways and in general, the longer run time for contests has definitely been the correct choice.
  • Aevin likes this

#1502 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM

Screenshot of the Week 718 is up! And it sure is an adventure this week. Head over there to vote, and consider leaving some commentary for our contestants.

Congratulations to Matthew on his victory in SotW 717. His frosty shot was incredibly ... neat. Thought I'd go for the ice pun, didn't you? But I'm all about subverting expectations.

Ahem. Finally, the victor in Screenshot of the Month 177 is ... Shane! Never saw that one coming. His moody underwater shot from SotW 712 captured a lot of attention. His shot will be featured on the front page in a few weeks when the next SotM opens.

Screenshot of the Week 719 will open on the December 22nd.

Thanks again to everyone who participates and votes in these contests. Your energy and enthusiasm is what keeps it all going. :)

• Matthew likes this

#1503 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:55 PM

Screenshot of the Week 719 is up! Head over there to see some great shots, vote, and comment.

Congratulations to Sheik on his win in SotW 718! His shot wowed people with a nice variety of terrain and a carefully chosen palette.

Now, we've got a lot of exciting stuff coming up. SotW 719 is the final contest of the year. Once it closes, we'll have a Screenshot of the Month with the past four contests, followed by Screenshot of the Year! This should all be happening throughout the month of January 2020. I hope you'll all look forward to it.

The next SotW opens January 4th. I'm looking forward to seeing the first round of shots of the new year.

#1504 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

This one is a busy week!

Screenshot of the Week 720 is up. Pop over there to vote and comment.

Congratulations to Shane on his SotW 719 victory! He advances to Screenshot of the Month 178.

Finally, I'm asking for some feedback on the current SotW scheduling, and anything else you all think is worth mentioning. I'd be very grateful if you left your thoughts here.

Thanks again to everyone who participates, for continuing to make SotW a success.

#1505 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

Screenshot of the Week 721 is up!

And so is Screenshot of the Year! Be sure to vote in the Power, Wisdom, and Courage brackets! I'll leave voting open for two weeks, with the winners advancing to the finals.

The people have spoken! In accordance with the results of the poll, we're going to run SotW at regular intervals of every two weeks. This means that the next contest will be on February 2nd. We'll run Screenshot of the Month contests every two months, which should result in contests with either four or five entries each.

Finally, congratulations to this round's winners - Matthew in Screenshot of the Month 178, and Russ in Screenshot of the Week 720.

• Nathaniel, nicklegends, Eddy and 5 others like this

#1506 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:54 PM

Screenshot of the Week 722 is up! And so are the Screenshot of the Year finals!

Congratulations to the winners of the semifinal brackets, and to Yoshot for his victory in Screenshot of the Week 721.

The next contest will be in two weeks, on February 16th. I hope to see you there.

• Eddy likes this

#1507 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:50 PM

We have our victor for Screenshot of the Year 2019. Congratulations to Moosh on his excellent shot featuring roots over a chasm. It may be "all lies," but sometimes lies are more beautiful than the truth. Clearly, Moosh's shot was meant to convey this profound moral message.

Congratulations to Shane, too, on his victory in SotW 722!

SotW 723 is now open for voting. The next contest opens on March 1st.

• nicklegends, Russ and Jared like this

#1508 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:54 PM

Contratulations to Yoshot on his victory in Screenshot of the Week 723! Apparently Snivies on benches are very popular. I wonder if this works with other things, like Torchic on a chair? I think I'm on to something here ...

Screenshot of the Week 724 and Screenshot of the Month 179 are both open for voting.

The next contest will open on March 15th. I'm looking forward to seeing what the contestants come up with!

• Matthew likes this

#1509 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:09 AM

It may be "all lies," but sometimes lies are more beautiful than the truth.

While they may sometimes be more beautiful, that doesn't make them better than the truth. However, they can be an inspiration!

• Matthew likes this

#1510 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 08 March 2020 - 10:02 PM

I'm going to be pretty busy with traveling this weekend, so I'm delaying the next contest's opening for a day. Instead of Sunday morning Pacific, I'll be posting it on the afternoon of Monday, March 16th.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#1511 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:00 PM

Literally unforgivable. ;)

• Aevin likes this

#1512 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 16 March 2020 - 11:40 AM

Screenshot of the Week 725 is up! Head over there to vote and leave feedback.

Congratulations to Mani Kanina on her victory in SotW 724, and to Russ for winning Screenshot of the Month 179.

The next contest will open on Sunday, March 29th.

#1513 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:48 PM

Congratulations to Joelmacool on his SotW 725 victory! Screenshot of the Week 726 is now open for business.

The next contest opens April 12th.

#1514 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:56 PM

Congrats to Joelmacool on his victory in SotW 726. He's starting to get a streak going, but there's a lot of competition this week.

Head over here for Screenshot of the Week 727!

The next contests, including a new Screenshot of the Month, will open on April 26th!

• Matthew likes this

#1515 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 26 April 2020 - 12:24 PM

I've got a lot on my plate today, so I'm postponing today's SotW until tomorrow.

Also, I believe I misspoke last time. Screenshot of the Month will be happening the time after this, May 10th, so it includes all the shots from March and April, a two-month period. Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

If anyone wants to sneak in a shot before tomorrow's contest, I'll still be accepting them until the contest starts tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding.

• Jared likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users