... ... *Toot* ... ...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

Y'know what I've always wanted?  This is so unimaginably stupid, but I've always kind of wanted a whistle SFX that was just one note. 

Yep, you read that right.  Every single time I have to use the whistle in someone's quest, I always have to listen to the entire tune.  If I'm hunting for a whistle spot, that can take ages!

In my quest, ... whatever it is, I am definitely going to be replacing the entirety of the whistle sound with a single *toot* and not a thing more!

I will absolutely not have my players sitting there for ages waiting for their whistle noise to stop! crvym2y.png

• Anthus, Jared, Lightwulf and 1 other like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Sure, the quicker the sound, the better, because you can't skip it. The LTTP flute sound can be really quick.

Edited by Avataro, 05 June 2018 - 11:32 AM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#3 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:43 AM

Thing is, eont you still have to sit there for a fixed amount of time? Like, it'll go "toot" and then you juat awkwardly sit there for like three seconds?

#4 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:54 AM

As far as I'm aware, the game waots for the ejd of the sound effect, because uncapping fps doesn't speed up the time it takes for the tornado to arrive, and it takes a bit long.

So, are you asking someonw to get you such a sound effect, or are you just stating that it's something you'ee going to do? Because I have way too much free time on my hands at the moment, and would be willing to do something if I had a little more info

Edited by klop422, 05 June 2018 - 11:54 AM.

• ShadowTiger and Old-Skool like this

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

I think the game only waits until the end of the Sound Effect.  Otherwise I'd feel a little bit hopeless, heh. The entire quest would be for naught!

Nothing here is an emergency, really.  I just don't actually have the knowledge at the moment to open up a sound editing program, place a single note into it, and save it as a WAV.  I mean it's literally just a single random note. :P  The simplicity of this is unimaginably absurd, even by my flighty and pathetically low standards. :lol:

• Old-Skool likes this

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

Why even bother? You can just set the sound to nothing and have an action script attached that just plays the sound. Instant whistle without waiting while still keeping a long song.

• ShadowTiger, Cukeman and TheLegend_njf like this

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

That is also a very good point.  Thank you, Dimentio!  If I were a zombie, I would eat your brain first.

It's probably a complement, so I hear.

• Lightwulf, Deedee and Chris like this

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

Let's take this in the opposite direction. Set the whistle sound to the entirety of Through the Fire and Flames. Every time you play the whistle you gotta wait a full 7 minutes in real time. :D

...Also the quest file size becomes impossibly large.

• ShadowTiger, Octorockoncrack, Russ and 3 others like this

#9 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

I always reduce the default whistle sound to 75% for my stuff.

It feels like it goes twice as fast. I tried 50% and it felt like I reduced it to 25%.

• Cukeman likes this

#10 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

I'm sure there's a way to make an excessively long .wav which is comparatively small; at the very least, making it really low quality. And, why not - make it a single note.
So, with our new whistle, you use it, it plays three minutes of a really awful sounding note, and then you get whisked away by the tornado. Which we resprite to a middle finger because that's the message we're already sending and screw subtlety.
  • Anthus and coolgamer012345 like this

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Let's take this in the opposite direction. Set the whistle sound to the entirety of Through the Fire and Flames. Every time you play the whistle you gotta wait a full 7 minutes in real time. :D

Troll. ;p

#12 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

I demand that there be a script made with laser.zh to add in a laser light show

Maybe one laser every time a note is played? That seems like an idea that cant go wrong

• Lightwulf likes this

#13 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

proposed alternative sound effect: 

Just the sound of someone blowing on something.  :tard:

• ShadowTiger and Lightwulf like this

#14 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

I have an ocarina. Not the same kind, and I've got no skill with it, but still. I could record myself blowing into it and upload that if that does anything for anyone.

• ShadowTiger and Lightwulf like this

#15 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:51 PM

This should do it:
https://www.dropbox....xodn/1.wav?dl=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users