Stuck ZC directions?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:38 PM

It seems I've somehow broken ZC. As soon as it starts, the only direction key I can use on the quest selection screen is "up". The others don't work. This means I can't browse through quest saves that are beyond the first page. Then upon loading one of the first page quests, the "down" and "right" direction keys are permanently stuck (Link keeps automatically going down and right).

My keyboard appears to be fine, I can use the stuck direction keys normally in Windows and other programs. 

I've even freshly reinstalled the latest version of ZC (although I've kept my zc.sav file, but I've overwritten every existing file when a newer one existed in the latest version), and this didn't solve the problem.

Can anybody help me with this strange issue?

Edited by Jamian, 24 September 2018 - 02:39 PM.

#2 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

There's probably some input device or sensor registering as a controller that shouldn't be. Try setting joystick_index in ag.cfg to another number.

#3 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

Thank you Saffith, that did it. Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what could have caused this? I haven't done anything unusual.

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

Maybe you've played too much Tabula Rasa. (Btw 2 broken image links in your sig?)

#5 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

Maybe you've played too much Tabula Rasa. (Btw 2 broken image links in your sig?)

If there was a way to use scripts to mess with even ZC's main menu I'm sure I'd have done that already :P

Images are working fine for me.

#6 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:42 PM

Hard to say what caused it. Maybe an OS update changed a driver, or maybe some other application enabled a previously disabled device. If you look in the device manager, you might be able to figure out what device it is, but that probably won't help elucidate the cause.
  • Twilight Knight likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users