Photo

Enemy of the Year 2017: Finals!

Spurdlunky - Evan20000 Lejes Moosh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Enemy of the Year 2017: Finals! (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Overall

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

Welcome to Enemy of the Year 2017: Finals!

It's time to bury Enemy of the Month once and for all. Vote for your favorite Enemy of EotM 2017:

• Best Overall Enemy

YouTube Videos
To watch all these enemies in action without downloading any of the enemies, click on the following videos below:

EotM #22: Even Shittier Ganon - Lejes

EotM #25: Stalfos Knight - Moosh

EotM #28: Spurdlunky - Evan20000 (Part 1) (Part 2)

The Enemies
Here are all the enemies for this month.

Even Shittier Ganon - Lejes

sShbnwU.png

• Description: For those times when normal Ganon just isn't shit enough.

Stalfos Knight - Moosh

A6E0xiV.png

• Description: This is a Gameboy/NES darknut enemy that gets back up when you knock it down. You need to beat all of them in a room to defeat them for good. It loses some health every time it gets back up, so just keep beating it down and you'll eventually come out victorious. Could be used as an enemy or miniboss. 

Spurdlunky - Evan20000

Supersized Spiteder                     Ol' Bitey                                                          Sir 'Squatch

fnzLspT.png MYrCsff.png hjhLgXZ.png

Final Boss

• Description:  This is the final EotM, and the theme is final boss. What's the final boss of making enemies? Making a quest! It's still very rough, and I want to do expand a bit before submitting to the DB. There's also glaring issues like the subscreen text being plain wrong, but I plan on fixing these ultimately minor issues before the full release. Think of this as an early open beta of Spurdlunky. It's hard as balls right now and only has the difficulty setting, so if you're wanting an easy mode, wait for the DB release.

Now vote for your favorites and we'll see who will win EotY 2017. 

#2 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

24 hours to vote for a winner. 

#3 Dimentio

Dimentio

Beware false Gollabs, who inwardly are Moral Conflicts

• Members

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'm honestly a bit disappointed. So many great enemies were released in 2017, yet a quest is beating all of them somehow. A quest. In enemy of the month. I guess that's what Pure has devolved into: you can make anything of any type of quality, but it doesn't matter if someone makes a bigger thing than you. Evan made some great enemies, and some great bosses, but he's showcasing them all as one enemy. That's not exactly fair, because then what to vote for is up to interpretation, and basically his entry covers everything. Why couldn't he just show off 1-3 enemies? Ya know, the maximum amount allowed in the rules? But I guess it's really not his fault for people voting for a quest in Enemy of the Month.  :shrug: 

I'm just more disappointed than anything, that Enemy of the Month's last breath wasn't an enemy at all. And I'll be even more disappointed if it wins Enemy of all Time.

#4 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

I'm just more disappointed than anything, that Enemy of the Month's last breath wasn't an enemy at all. And I'll be even more disappointed if it wins Enemy of all Time.

I'm not planning on doing Enemy of all Time. So you can set your worries aside. lol

• Dimentio likes this

#5 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:07 PM

The Grand "Quest vs. Single Enemy" Experiment is Complete, and the results are astounding!!! It turns out a quest can actually become Enemy of the Year, who would have thought?! Thus ends the first episode of the Quest vs. X series.

Next Episode: We'll have Quest vs. Screenshot of the Year to determine who truly is the ultimate Screenshot of the Year. 

• Evan20000 and Dimentio like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spurdlunky - Evan20000, Lejes, Moosh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users