Secret trigger required ffc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 11 October 2020 - 12:32 PM

heya everybody. I would like to ask a script request for my quest. Do you remember that i did posted the Cursed Woods map weeks ago ? (or it was one month ?) Well in the map you see 5 importants points in the forest. Four torchs (on a alter) and the barrier that prevents you to go in the haunted mansion. What i would like it's quite simple: A ffc script would do. If the player lit the torch or trigger a switch with other items it will trigger a secret but it won't trigger the secret flag (where the barrier for example is via the carryover secret) until the player lits all 4 torches in the woods in this case with the map that i showed. The specific order doesn't matter. For example: in the barrier area a ffc script that pervents any flags to be trigged (via carryover secret or others) until a specific number of secret has trigged would make sure that the player don't break accidently the game. So that's mean if the player wish to trigger a secret flag there, then 4 carryover secrets would need in order to trigger the flag. But if there's anything better then my idea feel free ^^' 

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2020 - 09:32 AM

What do you mean by won't trigger the secret flag?

I can give you a script that does what you want in general, but if you want to trigger a specific secret, or want to avoid setting ST_SECRET screen states, I need more details. Specific secret trigger by script is a 2.55 feature, but it is one that I could potentially backport to 2.53.1. 

Other than that I really have no clue what you want to do with carryovers. I can make a quick script that triggers screen secrets on the current screen when four torches are lit....it'd take under two minutes, but I am not sure if that is what you want. To easily trigger remote secrets by script, you will need to update. That basically falls in the domain of mapdata. While perhaps there is a 2.50.x way to remotely set remote screen states, that seems to violate your conditions. 

#3 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:54 PM

Well what i mean by that well... how can i explain... Let's say that you have one room with one big door (that leed the path of a big treasure) and four others path (the one blocked off, the one you came from and the other two). If you activate only one switch it won't open the big door but if you activate 4 switchs from differents places thet you'll be able to open the big door that would eventually leed to the treasure. The assigned the secret flag wouldn't activate until you activate all four switch for the same map. The other example is that you could put four ffc in the same room to prevents the said secret flag to be activated for the same weapon trigger flags. To be honest since English is not my first language it's a little bit hard to explein it more simply ^^' I means i could make multiples combos with differents secret flags but that's impossible since it's only temporary since when i come back to the said screen only flag 16 is triggered as permanant.

Edited by Sans, 17 December 2020 - 08:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users