Photo

Burritos - black or pinto beans?

burritos chipotle

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Beans

Black or Pinto?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

I would expect nothing less from the Beefster!

The funny thing is that I wasn't even thinking about my username in saying that. I gave myself the nickname "Beefy" when I was 5 and it had nothing to do with my meat preferences.

#17 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:11 AM

Hey look, black beans (and red) in my chili.

https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

Edited by tim, 26 July 2017 - 06:11 AM.

• Nathaniel likes this

#18 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

I generally prefer black beans, though that might simply be what I'm used to having. To be honest, I don't think I would really be that fussed if I ever had to switch.

#19 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

I just don't like burritos in general. Too much cilantro.

Fight me.

I hate cilantro too, but for some reason, it's never bothered me at Chipotle. Maybe it's cause I get so much other stuff, but once in a while, I'll get a stem, or large piece that I can clearly taste. It tastes like soap, and it smells like a field of weeds on a hot summer day.
  • Beefster likes this

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

I like black beans in a lot more than just burritos. One of the main ingredients I put in my chili is black beans. I also put in corn and kidney beans with that.

This is exactly what I was going to say too. Thank you. Though I -very- rarely have any kind of burrito, merely due to the lack of access to them, and the unwillingness to create for myself a food that I longingly wish to use a stapler on.

#21 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

This is exactly what I was going to say too. Thank you. Though I -very- rarely have any kind of burrito, merely due to the lack of access to them, and the unwillingness to create for myself a food that I longingly wish to use a stapler on.

All the times burriots fall apart, I wish I had a food stapler. Flour tortillas seem to take shape the best when they're reheated on a hot skillet, and folded a little tightly.

Black or refried beans on nachos please!
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#22 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:27 AM

I routinely eat cans of refried beans (which I believe are of the pinto variety). I put them in a bowl, microwave them, mix a little sharp cheddar cheese in halfway through. I don't even bother with tortillas usually, I just eat it with a spoon. Sometimes I might mix in chopped up hot dogs, too.

I've had some refried black beans, and they were acceptable, but tasted sort of slightly more... dry and bitter? I didn't like them as much, but I'd eat them if they were what I had.

I don't go for plain beans on purpose very much though, they can be a little bleh.

Taco Bell's cheapest bean burritos (minus the nasty onions and red sauce!) are yummy, and Taco Bueno's burritos (with their awesome chili sauce) are even better. But Taco Bell's tacos are better (minus the 1000 pounds of iceberg lettuce they put by default). I do like chips and picante salsa every now and then though, although I tend to want to avoid all the chunks in the salsa, especially onions (onion powder is fine, but onion chunks are just gross.) Jalapenos can be good if mixed into things, like sandwiches.

Frozen Burritos can be okay, and Frozen Chimichangas (Which are basically the same thing but fried in grease). They vary. El Montery's frozen burrito department doesn't seem to understand what cheese is, though (and I say this as someone who actually likes American cheese now and then, and Easy Cheese!), so I avoid the frozen 'cheese' burritos.

Baked beans are the devil, however. Never again shall I suffer baked beans and their sugary putridness, unless I have no other food, or unless the alternative is eating something even worse, like Corn Dogs. *shudder*

Canned "Pork and beans" are also kinda gross, due to bad pork and gross sauce.

Wolf brand chili used to be amazing, but as I progressed through my 20s my digestive system decided it wasn't amazing, and now I only eat tiny bits of it on infrequent occasions. : (

Edited by Mitsukara, 08 September 2017 - 04:40 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#23 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

That really depends on what my beans go on and who is preparing them. In general, my preference goes to black beans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users