• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 February 2023 - 08:23 PM

This thread will serve as the main discussion thread for all things Screenshot of the Week! Now, to begin with the first updates:

First off, I'd like introduce you all to the new, rebooted Screenshot of the Week. I'm also excited to welcome Dimi alongside me as the other half of the new SotW team. Thank you to David and Russ for giving me the opportunity to take the lead on this.  

Considering the scale of this reboot, the old Screenshot of the Week forum can be found in the archives here

Most of the old rules from the old SotW board still apply to submissions, feedback and so on. After discussions with David, we're looking to maintain consistency in the frequency of contests first and foremost. The PureZC community is a smaller one, and I personally would rather see contests like SotW happen semi-regularly than not at all.

Because of this, Screenshot of the Week contests will see the following changes take place:

• SotW will be running fortnightly. Specific dates will be posted in the SotW schedule thread. To reflect this schedule, Screenshot of the Month will be bi-monthly.
  • SotW contests will have an initial maximum of six* entries per contest. To ensure that contests keep happening regularly, the first six* submissions each fortnight will be entered into the Screenshot of the Week contest for that fortnight. 
  • Any extra submissions will be "banked" until the next fortnight's contest. This may not seem fair, but the priority here is to keep the schedule consistent.
  • If there are too many submissions "banked" up, an extra SotW will be posted with the six* oldest submissions. These will essentially be extra Screenshot of the Weeks, running for a fortnight at a time, but starting and ending on the odd weeks of the SotW schedule. The schedule thread will be updated to reflect these additional contests if and when they happen. Screenshot of the Month will not be affected by this, aside from additional entries added to their respective contests.

*Depending on activity and interest, this may be cut down to four entries per contest.

We're also open to any ideas you may have about making the contests more equal! Currently you can vote for a screenshot, only to reverse your decision if you see a particular screenshot is winning by a certain amount. Some options that have been considered include making submissions anonymous, or making it so you can only vote once. However, in the case of the former, the community is too small for anonymous entries - any four tone sepia shot is obviously a PoRC reference - while the latter may require polls across the entire forum to follow the same format.

I'm open to feedback on the screenshot "banking", as well as any suggestions on how to make the polls fairer overall.

The first Screenshot of the Week of the year - SotW 772 - will start on February 20, 2023, with submissions closing the day prior on February 19

• Magi_Hero, Anthus, nicklegends and 6 others like this

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 17 February 2023 - 12:40 AM

I submitted.  :cheese:

• Naldrag, nicklegends, Taco Chopper and 1 other like this

#3 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 17 February 2023 - 05:21 PM

It's been a long time since I've submitted something, so why not?  Let's give it a go.

• nicklegends and Taco Chopper like this

#4 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 18 February 2023 - 05:25 AM

Hello! Just a reminder that submissions for Screenshot of the Week 772 close tomorrow (February 19). There's still time to get your entries in, and thanks to everyone who's submitted a screenshot so far!

Additionally, Screenshot of the Year 2022 will be posted at the same time as SotW 772. This SotY contest will feature all of the winning entries from last year - specifically, the winners of SotW 766 to 771.

• David likes this

#5 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 26 February 2023 - 05:16 PM

Hello! Just a timely reminder that we're nearly halfway through Screenshot of the Week 772, so get your votes in while you still can!

Also we currently have no submissions ahead of 773 - so if you've been itching to make an aesthetically pleasing screen in ZC, now is the time :) 

• Mitchfork likes this

#6 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 26 February 2023 - 09:09 PM

Hello! Just a timely reminder that we're nearly halfway through Screenshot of the Week 772, so get your votes in while you still can!

Also we currently have no submissions ahead of 773 - so if you've been itching to make an aesthetically pleasing screen in ZC, now is the time :)

I volunteer Sheik to submit 

• Taco Chopper likes this

#7 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 26 February 2023 - 09:40 PM

I volunteer Sheik to submit 

How do you submit Sheik to SotW?

#8 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 26 February 2023 - 10:20 PM

How do you submit Sheik to SotW?

I'll ask him to do another 24 hour quest with me. Worked so well over the weekend
  • Naldrag and Colin like this

#9 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 04 March 2023 - 06:20 PM

Thank you to everyone for submitting entries for Screenshot of the Week 773! We now have the maximum six entries for this week's contest!

You're more than welcome to continue submitting your screenshots, but please note that it'll be queued up for SotW 774, not SotW 773.

#10 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 04 March 2023 - 07:16 PM

I'll ask him to do another 24 hour quest with me. Worked so well over the weekend

okay i'll host another 24 hour contest tomorrow :] :] :] :] :]

#11 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 13 March 2023 - 05:11 AM

Screenshot of the Week 773 and Screenshot of the Year 2022 are both open for one more week. Get your votes in or forever hold your peace!

Additionally, I am excited to say that we've had the first batch of entries that have been banked for future Screenshot of the Weeks! We're currently sitting at two submissions ahead of SotW 774, with a week to go too :D
  • Mitchfork and David like this

#12 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 17 March 2023 - 06:06 PM

We still only have two entries submitted ahead of Screenshot of the Week 774! We need at least one more to make the contest happen.

Also, Screenshot of the Year 2022 is closing soon, and it's currently a three way tie. I highly encourage voting if you haven't yet, otherwise I'll be looking to post a tiebreaker contest come Monday!
  • Twilight Knight likes this

#13 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 20 March 2023 - 02:47 AM

IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING SCREENSHOT OF THE WEEK 775!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laughing%20man.png

ITS FUNNY TIME ON APRIL 3!! ITS THE FOOL DAY A COUPLE OF DAYS PRIOR!! HA HA HA AHA FUNNY TIME!

ok, now that's out of my system... the funny bones are rattlin'... 

I've made a somewhat executive decision to make Screenshot of the Week 775 a THEMED contest! The theme for this will be "joke screenshots". What does this mean, you ask?

• funny screenshots
  • meta screenshots 
  • family guy screenshots
  • a photo of your hand that you've ripped into ZC
  • wait why am i giving you all ideas

etc, etc. Of course, there will be a few rules around the process. "Joke screenshots" don't mean edgy, offensive or inappropriate screenshots. If anybody submits something that falls into this category, it will NOT be eligible for the contest. If your entry falls under any of those conditions, I will message you before SotW 775 to explain why.

Additionally, everyone who enters will be in the one contest, compared to the usual (and current) maximum of six entries for a Screenshot of the Week contest.

Finally, have fun with it! If this is something people find interesting, I'll look to hold more themed contests down the line.

• Twilight Knight and Joelmacool like this

#14 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:30 AM

a photo of your hand that you've ripped into ZC

Are genitals also possible?

An totally unrelated question: is it alright if only a few pixels of the screen are filled?

#15 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 20 March 2023 - 05:03 AM

Are genitals also possible?

An totally unrelated question: is it alright if only a few pixels of the screen are filled?

1. An extremely strong no on that one.

2. Yes, it can be as minimal (or more so) as this dumb entry from 2011 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users