Photo

Screenshot of the Week 52

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:58 AM

The river is bland? icon_confused2.gif

That's some of the best water I've ever seen.

#17 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 12:20 PM

I assure you BH4 that the water tiles in the AI set are no way bland. The tiles run smoothly together. Trust me. icon_wink.gif

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#18 Dustminion

Dustminion

Shouri da nasu!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 01:21 PM

blckscab - Oooooh...scary. >=B I like that shot a lot. 9/10

Wild Bill - Whoa. Looks like a good quest. icon_thumbsup.gif 10/10

a guy and his game - What is that yellow guy with the drill on his head? What's it supposed to be? Wel, I've always loved 8-bit. 8/10

PolygonX8 - Not bad. The colors are good, and...that's a lot of bats. The bat wizzrobes... 8/10

Hero Link - LTTP was one of the greatest games for the SNES. And you're doing a fine job remaking it. icon_smile.gif 9/10

Yoshi - O_O That's a lot of enemies. Looks like a very challenging quest. 4/10

Teilyr - That stalfos is lucky. The shot is great. 9/10

link3505 - Hmm...good shot. I like the tiles. 7/10

skateboarder11 - I've always loved Mario games, and I've played PolygonX8's Nintendo Crisis quest, and I liked it. I like the shot...the Cheep Cheep statues I like. icon_smile.gif 7/10

Wild Bill gets my vote.

#19 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 02:09 PM

PrettyBoy: The TILES are amazing. The way they were layed out was slightly bland, but only in comparison to everything else.. But hey, didn't you see my edited message? icon_razz.gif

#20 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 02:11 PM

a guy and his game - Ugh... There's so many things wrong that I don't know where to begin. Why the heck there's a classic Link in the shot. Doesn't fit at all. And everything else... well, the boss looks actually pretty nice.
2 / 10

Well it is a custom boss using his last attack. I might make the lasers look better later on and I realize the health bar needs some work too. The reason it has a classic link is because it is a classic based tileset. I just haven't been able to find a Link sprite that blends in with classic, and my own tileset.

a guy and his game - What is that yellow guy with the drill on his head? What's it supposed to be? Wel, I've always loved 8-bit. 8/10

He's tentatively called Robo-Zap Model R2109. He's the first custom boss you fight in boss mode. The drill is just there for looks although it doesn't actually get used in the fight icon_razz.gif . I would have put a lightning rod but I plan to use him later on in a longer boss fight.

#21 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 02:29 PM

Blckscab: 7/10: Slightly too dark for my tastes, but .. holy cow.. there's so much on this screen to love. I love everything, except for the darkness. It's just a tad hard to see.

Wild Bill: 8/10: I love the graphics. There's some great stuff on the screen too. It's very well layed out. Again though, there could be more stuff happening in the cliffs.

AGAHG: 7/10: It looks like a -VERY- impressive custom boss. I don't know why, but it just appeals to me.

PolygonX8: 7/10: I've already played this through. It's pwns. So badly, too. The graphics are great, and I voted this high for the animated darknuts, whether or not they're there.

Hero Link: 6/10: Pure Nastalgia. Looks very accurate. icon_smile.gif What else can I say! ^_^;

Yoshi: 4/10: The floor patterns look nice, actually. I'm REALLY not sure why I like this, but it's just.. interesting. Keep those floor tiles. icon_wink.gif But add height to the screen somehow.

Teilyr: 9/10: Everything is magnifacent. Everything. I love the layout, the Palatte, (Least of all though.) and the torches. But I don't like the wooden stakes. They seem to be .. I dunno.. I.. just don't like them. I'm not sure why. They're too familiar to be liked, I suppose. (I have no idea what that means. @_@ )

link3505: 10/10: Yeah, this is awesome. I think the status bar is definitely the best feature of it. The colors are so vibrant and exotic. Dayamn. icon_razz.gif

skateboarder11: 6/10: There's no action on the screen. But it's still one that I would play through. I like the colors, and the statues are interesting.

* Votes For A Guy And His Game's Boss Shot. *

#22 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 02:34 PM

EDIT: damn Josh, always so quick...
To guy and his game - Ok, good to know. But even if I sounded harsh, don't feel discouraged. I just happen to be one of the harshest critics around here. icon_wink.gif

To everyone - I just think somebody needs to give some constructive criticism here (please tell me if I'm failing in it). Those "10 / 10 w00t that's perfect shot" aren't helping people to improve, nor are comments like "that sucks because it sucks." So that's why I'm reviewing all the shots from now on. If you don't like me, just ignore me. I just want to help people to improve their work. Maybe that way I can get some serious feedback too here... *sigh*

QUOTE(Wild Bill @ Mar 24 2004, 06:29 PM)
I'm just curious.  Could you explain what makes the screen layout boring, and what the other small issues are?  If I know, I can possibly meliorate this screen and many others that I have created.

Well, read what BH4 said. But I try to say it myself too: First of all, yes, the shot looks boring. Why? The mountains look bland, there are not many details (like different looking stones, grass tiles, something in the water, butterflies), how the sides of the river ends looks just bad and the Link doesn't actually fit to those tiles in my opinion.
But even if I said the shot looks boring, it doesn't mean that it is bad. I admit I tend to use the word "boring" too much, but my English vocabulary isn't very rich, so...
Anyway, 6 / 10 is not a bad score from me. It is a good shot, but has so many small issues that it can't get a higher rating. As I've said, I watch all the shots carefully through and I check every little detail, and all little details add a lot to a screenshot. If I don't see enough details, I get bored quickly, especially since those tiles you WB are using aren't that new anymore. No one has to agree with me, but I hope someone does. icon_heh.gif

#23 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 03:20 PM

I'm tired of seeing this thing about "New tiles"

Look, it's time to face fact. Most people don't want to create a tileset. Plain and simple.

So, for the love of god, or whatever you worship, stop complaining about seeing the same tileset over and over. If a tileset is nice, people are going to use it!

Period!

(note: Not directed at Petoe, this is pure coincidence.)

#24 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 03:50 PM

Tei, in the chat, you were saying something about there being no competition? well, anyway, I nulled, as I submitted my shot. next time, I'll include a shot that'll blow them all the way icon_razz.gif

#25 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 04:13 PM

I voted for the Wild Bill Myster (I don't know how that would be spelled...???)

#26 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 04:44 PM

Wow. So many good shots... icon_thumbsup.gif
I voted for Tei. Perfectly laid out shot. 2nd is Wild Bill; I'm not too fond of the AI tileset because of the light palatte.
I would go in depth, but there are too many shots... :\

#27 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(link3505 @ Mar 24 2004, 03:50 PM)
Tei, in the chat, you were saying something about there being no competition? well, anyway, I nulled, as I submitted my shot. next time, I'll include a shot that'll blow them all the way icon_razz.gif

link, in chat, you said this would be your last shot for awhile. icon_lol.gif

Anyway, what is up with your item and map borders? They don't look good to me. At all.

#28 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 04:52 PM

WildBill, hands down.
Hero Link and blkscab are a tied second for me.
Yoshi for having the funniest caption icon_lol.gif in my humble opinion.
Teilyr for room design.

Good stuffs, again. icon_biggrin.gif

#29 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Mar 24 2004, 11:52 AM)
EDIT, after seeing Teilyr's post below.:    .. No, I mean.. there's nothing in it, (Besides cool water.) and it flows straight down, with little to no variation below that point.  .. Then again, the river is dayamn cool.  Unless you're a die-hard detail finder, it's quite ungodly. icon_smile.gif

Josh, when's the last time you saw an actual river? Hate to break it to ya bud but, 9 times out of 10 they're not all twisty. Generally, they flow straight down for a portion, then turn, down some more, turn, etc etc.

So blah, I say. Blah. icon_blah.gif

icon_lol.gif

#30 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:00 PM

what the hell? How does WB have the adventure set before Prince has even finished it? WTF?!
just for that, teilyr gets my vote. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users