Photo

Screenshot of the Week 366

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 366 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

I null'd for entering this week. What else would you be expecting me to do?

To the shots:
Noloronbon: Easily the weakest shot here, soley because the lava is just a complete eyesore that obstructs me from seeing the screen properly. The contrast should really be turned down to match with the nighttime pallet more instead of it gouging your eyes out, seriously. Rank: Poor.

Myself: Wow, another GB screen from me. Did you know that the Koholint brown cave pallet works well for ruins? If no, I reccomend, if you use GB, to mess around with the pallets for the areas more to see if you can create unique, effective areas <("o"<;).

Jared: An okay-looking LttP shot. The shadows were done well, save for the random light spots on the mountain tiles. The random details of grass is nice, but there is nothing special about it. Rank: Slightly above average. I would have voted here if I didn't enter.

Edited by Orin XD, 15 May 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#17 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ May 14 2012, 03:03 PM) View Post

Hm... Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of any shot this week.

Nolornbon:
Seems like a neat environment, but the red of the lava is just so... red. It's too red, in my opinion. Real lava tends to be more orange:

IPB Image

Orin XD:
Pretty solid GB-style shot. I like the concept of the dungeon, though the cracked floors seem like a bit of an afterthought. Still, it's solid enough to earn my vote.

Jared:
A pretty shot, to be sure, but too simple for me. It doesn't demand attention. It makes me wonder why this particular spot in the overworld is highlighted.

If only I could color the lava like what is seen in the picture. I think giving the lava a glow might help too. ZQuest's pallete editor needs some improvements.

#18 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Nolornbon - 16 votes = 37.21%
Orin XD - 17 votes = 39.53%
Jared] - 10 votes = 23.26%

Total Votes: 43

Orin XD
IPB Image
The Beamos and Flamethrowers can either be active or inactive depending on whatever colour block is up or down. A neat concept for a dungeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users