Photo

Screenshot of the Week 153

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 153 (80 member(s) have cast votes)

9 shots!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:19 PM

Do I need to remind everyone to stay on topic? We're not here to discuss .TakaM's posting habits. He hasn't broken any rules, so let him be. No one is required to post "constructive criticism" for any of the shots in SotW. .TakaM posted his comments and stayed on-topic; all of you who are nagging him are not posting on-topic. You don't need to post comments such as "why do you post here at all?". It's his right to do so, leave it at that.

#32 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

Might as well join in ...

These are the top 3 in my opinion. (And my opinion is of course entirely personal and subjective)

3. NoeL Heh. Now there's something original you don't see every day. Those cliffs look good ... nice place for a stroll ... though I wouldn't want to meet a "giant turd thing" face to face myself.

2. /M/ Nice shot, lots of detail etc. etc. ... I like the colors and stuff. If it does "look better in ZC", let me tell you it looks quite awesome here too! I also like your custom subscreen / item display area.

1. My vote goes to ... Revfan9. This shot certainly stands out! Cliffs, grass, and I must say I really like the flowers. Lots of detail and stuffs in the trees and elsewhere. And those enemies look quite mean ... I'd be thinking "oh noes!" too if I was in there. All in all, a really neat and original shot.

#33 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

I'm not going to critique every shot like I always do, as there are too many shots this time. Instead, I'll just complain.

/M/-Are you sure Winter is suppossed to be yellow? Also, there are no transition tiles for the "snow piles" to the rest of the snow.

Shoelace-That Link is weird, and the rest of the objects don't match his size. Everything in the shot also looks odd submerged like that, and as someone else said, the treetops get lost in the rest of the shot, but this is a bad thing. The shot doesn't let your eyes rest and it makes you want to keep your eyes moving around it, which makes it uncomftorable to look at.

Comments on my shot- Thanks. I submitted the shot 2 weeks ago, when my laptop was still working... Although I do have most of the forest stuff back. The rabbit-people are called Axis, and from the game they are just average "die in one hit for 2 EXP" that you find in feilds and such.

#34 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

*imitates Moonwhisper*
Why can't you give constructive criticism rather than complaining!?
*end imitation*

Sorry bout that, but for once I have to agree with .TakaM on his point. I HAVE noticed that many people take the negative comments to heart much more than the positive ones, and I think .TakaM's criticism this week was much better than before. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Anywho I'm actually surprised my shot is doing as well as it is... I thought it was pretty dodgy. I guess custom graphics really do give a shot that added edge.

#35 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:34 AM

NoeL, I'm curious about that as well. Your shot has great custom mountains, but the screen layout is bland, yet people are voting for your shot. My shot has beautiful graphics as well, and people say "bad screen layout. phail."

Is it just that people don't like me?

#36 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:16 AM

I think it's either because they've seen your tiles before, taking away their originality somewhat, or they're just suckers for custom tiles... more likely the latter.

I guess people feel that those that CREATE graphics are more impressive than those that simply rip them.

Then again, as Shadow Tiger told me on AIM, because mine is a canyon there's really not much more you can do to the layout. It's not the layout that's bland per se, but the fact that its a canyon that makes it bland. Also, I tried to make the mountains as interesting as I could.

Who knows, I didn't vote for mine... ask the people that did icon_shrug.gif

#37 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:10 AM

NoeL, my hero, how can you be losing to that freak Shoelace? He has no graphical talent compared to you. Your shot is one hunder percent custom is it not? Boo icon_frown.gif

#38 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:51 AM

Johan, calling someone a freak is trolling. Please refrain from doing it in the future.

#39 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:44 AM

Oh lighten up Sharon, he's just full of giddy fandom icon_razz.gif I'm sure he meant nothing by it.

And yes my loyal Johan, 100% custom... except for the font.

#40 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Feb 3 2007, 02:44 AM) View Post

And yes my loyal Johan, 100% custom... except for the font.

As I expected from you. icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry Sharon, I didn't think that was extreme enough to break the rules.

#41 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:28 AM

Votes for Sharon Daniel. It was a difficult decision because /M/ and Shoelace had some very nice shots too. I just think nobody gives people who make beautiful Pure screens enough credit anymore.

#42 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:35 AM

Mine shot, isn't "Pure."

#43 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:18 AM

Agreed Love for Fire.

#44 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Feb 3 2007, 09:35 AM) View Post

Mine shot, isn't "Pure."

No...

But it's DoR, and you're not Radien, which might be even more Taboo...

#45 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:40 PM

Actually, I think it's Relic's Sun Tower set. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users