Isle of Rebirth

Rating: 4.71/5 (57 ratings)
Photo

Isle of Rebirth Help/Bug Thread (UPDATED 5-13-14)

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#1441 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

I haven't beaten him yet, but here is an advisory on how he responds to attacks:

Tartaros's third phase has this little thing in his AI that causes him to actively pick attacks that he thinks you do poorly at dodging. If he scores hits with various attacks; that weights his RNG into using these attacks more and more. It is through this that getting hit can lead to a swift death, even if you haven't taken much damage before.
One way to play against this is to identify which attacks you do well at dodging and deliberately get yourself hit by them to weight his RNG towards those attacks as opposed to the ones you have trouble with.

Thanks.  It seems that I definitely have the most trouble with Death Knight spam in the third phase.  I can dodge all of the other attacks well (except for the bubbles, but if I time it right I can run ahead of them without getting hit, circling tightly around Stan so that he doesn't hit me), but as soon as the death knights are summoned (and spammed sometimes consistently), I tend to get hit by everything else trying to do away with them...argh.  But thanks, I'll try to take that advice next time I attempt him ;)

#1442 NewPlayer

NewPlayer

• Members

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

Hello everybody

Is it possible to download the OST of this game?

I tried to find the melody of Level 12 but with no luck.

#1443 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

Hello everybody

Is it possible to download the OST of this game?

I tried to find the melody of Level 12 but with no luck.

Isn't it possible to save the midis using the midi player in ZC?

#1444 NewPlayer

NewPlayer

• Members

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

Isn't it possible to save the midis using the midi player in ZC?

Nope. There is not a midi player...

#1445 Pamfafoofle

Pamfafoofle

• Members

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

I finally got around to beating this game this month. I’m pretty confident that I’ve 100% completed all the “normal” material in this quest, up to the credits, but have some questions about the super-difficult bonus material which I just started. Most of these questions were inspired by browsing through some of the latest posts on this thread, and I just want to clearly confirm them all in one place.

1. About the difficulty level: Do I understand that Level X is immune from the effects of Easy or Very Easy modes? I played through the quest on Easy mode (found Normal too difficult, at least for the first full run) but after glimpsing what Level X was like I went and turned it to Very Easy to try and make this last part more manageable. Did that actually do anything useful at this point in the quest?
  2. I had done the Hall of Memories bossrush to get the Light Arrows. Took a few tries, but it was manageable enough on Easy. However, I had no idea there is supposed to be another boss after Moosh until browsing this thread. I went back to the Hall of Memories now and found the exit door to the left locked again. I do have all 30 HCs, so does this mean I have to go back and redo the whole boss rush and then immediately go back in after exiting the Moosh arena? Or is this boss only available on certain higher difficulties? (Presumably, this means I can no longer attempt this boss on this playthrough, since I’m now locked on Very Easy.) If so, which difficulty levels is this boss available on?
  3. The recommended order of bonus bosses seems to be ??? before Tartaros (WHY is he nicknamed Stan???)…can someone confirm this? There seems to be indications that beating one bonus boss somehow increases the difficulty of the other—is this true regardless of which one is beaten first?
  4. Assuming that it is better to go after ??? before Tartaros, is it recommended that I first proceed through Level X as far as acquiring the Bloody Staff before battling ??? ? (I’m pretty sure I’m a long way away from acquiring this—Level X is darn hard!)
  5. I see that there was technically an item I missed getting—Venser’s Cane—but that realistically I shouldn’t expect to have been able to get it anyways. This “loss” is completely nullified once I acquire the Bloody Staff, correct?

Thanks! I’m finding this final stage of the game rather daunting with its super difficulty—I’m not generally one who likes super-difficult challenges—but this is warring with my completionist nature. I’ve come this far, and it would be nice to actually finish off everything!

#1446 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

I think the intention of IoR is to have the people who prefer playing at easy and very easy mode beat the last Venser boss and then satisfy themselves that they had completed the game since the storyline ends there.  The parts after that are intended to cater for a very small niche audience who prefers playing super difficult challenges instead of really easy material.  In other words, you aren't really supposed to be snooping around there if you've chosen to play at easy and very easy modes.

#1447 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

[QUESTIONS]

1. Yes, Level X is immune from very easy and easy; the difficulty is bumped up to normal inside.
2. It SHOULD be open with all 30 hearts. if it's not, that's probably a bug and you'll have to talk to Evan. The boss is available even on easy, but again, he's rounded up to normal difficulty.
3. Beating ??? before Tartaros is probably a good idea. He drops an MP regen ring that makes the Tartaros fight easier. Tartaros, conversely, drops an HP regen ring that makes ??? easier. As for the name Stan, it's a corruption of Satan, who Tartaros bears some resemblance to.
4. Bloody Staff doesn't matter for ???. He's immune.
5. You're correct; Venser's Cane is essentially just the Bloody Staff with a different sprite. It's technically slightly better (3 orbitars instead of 2), but practically speaking this makes no difference. Its main use is just that you can have it for levels 10-12... but if you're able to beat Venser and take it from him, you don't really need it anyways.

I’m not generally one who likes super-difficult challenges—but this is warring with my completionist nature. I’ve come this far, and it would be nice to actually finish off everything!

For what it's worth, the stuff Evan's made since IoR (Umbral Cloud and the superbosses for Yuurand and Vampyria) do operate on all difficulties/have some manor of difficulty selection, so you won't be forced into such a big difficulty spike like you're experiencing here if you give them a shot. Congrats on persevering though! I totally understand where you're coming from with the Completionist angle.
  • Pamfafoofle likes this

#1448 Pamfafoofle

Pamfafoofle

• Members

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:13 AM

2. It SHOULD be open with all 30 hearts. if it's not, that's probably a bug and you'll have to talk to Evan.

Thanks for the excellent replies. I was able to complete Level X (ugh), apart from Tartaros, who I think I shall leave and may never fight. "One of the hardest bosses in video game history" does not sound appealing to me. For me, the more important thing to complete was mapping all dungeons and acquisition of all action items.

Regarding this Hall of Memories issue, I gather that this ought to be an impossible screenshot, because those doors should be open with the displayed 30HC and Light Arrows? I re-completed the bossrush through Moosh, and those doors still locked behind me after exiting the Moosh arena.

https://drive.google...9mBY9eNcZIirYqe

Here's what I think happened. I downloaded IoR years ago (probably 2015) and played through on that version, up through getting the Light Arrows and entering Level X. That's when I started browsing the help thread and realized that I didn't have the updated version, which I then downloaded and replaced the old version with. Everything else seems perfectly backwards-compatible, but I suspect it was that version update, installed at that late point, that caused this door-lock glitch, and that I'll be locked out for this particular quest, but it should work fine on a new quest. Some day I'll certainly replay IoR, hopefully all on Normal, so I shall have this new challenge to (hopefully) await me then.

#1449 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:10 PM

IIRC The boss rush fight is locked to Normal and Hero. If you're on Easy or below, you can't access it.

#1450 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

IIRC The boss rush fight is locked to Normal and Hero. If you're on Easy or below, you can't access it.

I thought this was fixed in the last version where it just scales the boss up to normal? :shrug:

I fully expect that I'm a dumb and the "fix" never made it live though. Or I just never fixed this despite a lot of people requesting it and I have shit memory.

Edited by Evan20000, 04 February 2019 - 03:24 PM.

#1451 Gabriel Baron

Gabriel Baron

Medarotter Ace

• Members

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

I've been really enjoying this one so far, I only had some problems in L5, but its just me disliking the ice floor slowdown more than anything.
I just beat L7 and i found this place, Am i supposed to be able to enter it yet? If so, how?
MiNGabZ.png

Edit: While i'm at it, are there only 2 wand triggers avaliable once you get the wand? I'm still exploring, but could only find a heart piece in south remdra beach, and the entrance to more parts of that volcano area above.

Edited by Gabriel Baron, 17 March 2019 - 05:17 PM.

#1452 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:19 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Orithan, 17 March 2019 - 07:19 PM.

#1453 Pamfafoofle

Pamfafoofle

• Members

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:32 AM

Edit: While i'm at it, are there only 2 wand triggers avaliable once you get the wand? I'm still exploring, but could only find a heart piece in south remdra beach, and the entrance to more parts of that volcano area above.

The Wand is needed for another heart piece in a house one scene west of the entrance to Level 6-Undersea City. That's all I can think of for where you are in the game currently. You might want to watch for a wand switch that you can shoot across the rapids from the eastern side of the Volcanic Valley, but you don't have the equipment yet to get the heart piece that this switch blocks.

#1454 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:42 AM

There is another trigger accessible with magic.

Spoiler

#1455 Gabriel Baron

Gabriel Baron

Medarotter Ace

• Members

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:38 AM

The Wand is needed for another heart piece in a house one scene west of the entrance to Level 6-Undersea City. That's all I can think of for where you are in the game currently. You might want to watch for a wand switch that you can shoot across the rapids from the eastern side of the Volcanic Valley, but you don't have the equipment yet to get the heart piece that this switch blocks.

Ah yes, i misremembered that as a mirror shield trigger, thanks for pointing that out. As for that second one, ops, i had triggered it but because it also requires a L2 glove i had forgotten to mention it, my bad.

There is another trigger accessible with magic.

Spoiler

Spoiler

If so unless i'm horribly misremembering stuff, I did that one before even entering L7. But if its not this one, i'll need a reminder of which screen that is, like screenshot, coordinates or something, because I don't actually remember anything pirate-related in the south besides some skelly boys in the rainforest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users