• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

SoulsOfWisdom.com

Grant here, it's been years since I last posted here, but I want to finally announce the return of my big project "Souls of Wisdom"

In the past I released several betas after betas with bug fixes. Now I am promising my most up to date version which is much more polished.

What I promise in this quest:

- This quest is huge: If anybody remembers this quest, there are so much world to explore. Promising between 10 to 20 hours of gameplay. The quest includes 11 levels and reintroduces the infamous Evil Realm similar to ALTTP.

- Nostalgia: The game is a remake of Zelda 1 in my image. The world is an advanced version of The Zelda 1 overworld which is designed to be similar, but remarkably different than it's original design. This is a brand new game, but enjoyably similar to the game you know and love. A brand new overworld similar to that of ALTTP and music used from various Zelda games make this a game you must play to relive the Zelda experience. This quest even uses a classic pre level format where you have to complete 3 levels before the real story begins, an element popular in the Zelda series.

Good format: The quest is built good with many fewer glitches than before. You'll feel right playing this quest.

Challenge: this quest can range from Easy to moderately challenging depending on how you play, with the option of building up your power right at the beginning you can make this quest easier than it is. Some elements in the game will prove to challenge many though, this includes encounters with the Death Knight where you are forced to find an escape plan from his unbearable powers. Other challenges include a swimming maze where you have to navigate with the lens of truth to prevent warping to the beginning, and the challenge of lighting the torches to reveal Ganon. These challenges are sure to test even experienced players.

The Death Knight: An infamous enemy introduced in Zeldaclassic and probably the scariest enemy in the program. He returns in Souls of Wisdom named as the Undead Deity, the Zombie form of the Fierce Deity who is controlled b'y Majora's Mask. You will encounter the death knight 3 times in the game, being forced to escape him the first two encounters. This unique element has confused players in the past to the point of quitting believing that they have to defeat him to proceed. Escaping him is thrilling and fun, a sure pleaser.

Secrets: this game is full of goodies.

Flaws: Some minor and sometimes even major glitches may be encountered for some plays which can effect a players journey, fixing these glitches is an ongoing battle because the quest is just so large, but with each one found, the better improved the quest will be. Also the quest uses a dated graphics pack based off the oracle series, but it is heavily remastered b'y myself to implement level designs that I needed.

Conclusion: I promise that this quest will be a memorable one that will never make you look at Zelda 1 the same way again. My update will finally be released on the database soon.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Concept Map
IPB Image

New screenshots

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Exclusive Limited Time Images

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 10 June 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

Seems interesting!
But, the pics are broken. But I am going to go play this, seems-to-be masterpiece!

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

This quest uses Zeldaclassic 2.11 build 18 (550-beta)

Anyone know where an available link to this beta is?

#4 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

So far, it's working fine in build 2.5 RC1.
This is great so far!
You used the same overworld Hyrule theme i'm using in my quest :O

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

When the game was released as a beta five years ago it received well praise. Took five years, 4 jobs, and three girlfriends later to find the time to work out all the bugs. Still lots to do.

This game is huge! It has 13 main levels and will have 10 optional levels.

The main dungeons are scattered throughout light and dark world and are required to beat.

The optional levels includes 9 of the classic dungeons in the original Zelda for NES and the Temple of Cole, which is a highly difficult to find dungeon that will test few of the most experienced players.

#6 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hm, my candle disappeared after I got it and used it a few times. What do I do now?

#7 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Hay your download link is it working
for
SoulsOfWisdom.qst
404 not found

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Lynker @ Jun 6 2011, 01:47 PM) View Post

Hm, my candle disappeared after I got it and used it a few times. What do I do now?

I'd say use the beta Zeldaclassic now included in the link in this topic. Because ya know, it was designed on that version.

QUOTE(linktopower @ Jun 6 2011, 01:56 PM) View Post

Hay your download link is it working
for
SoulsOfWisdom.qst
404 not found

Try this http://www.soulsofwi...ulsofwisdom.qst

I will update the website later.

#9 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Alright downloading now cant wait to play
and thanks for new link

never mind
It will download like 3.00kb of it then it will say it's done but
the qst file corrupted when loaded in Zc

never mind again
thanks to Lynker
for a new link icon_biggrin.gif

Lynker
your so cool
thanks icon_smile.gif

Edited by linktopower, 06 June 2011 - 01:47 PM.

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

I'd have to contact the website host. I'd say just try downloading it again 2 or 3 times. You may need to also try using the Zeldaclassic beta offered at www.soulsofwisdom.com

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 06 June 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

http://www.mediafire...dtabfxh40h34ik4

Here. I uploaded the one I got before it got ruined.

Edited by Lynker, 06 June 2011 - 01:05 PM.

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Did you figure out the issue with the candle? It is an error I never experienced with this quest. This is why I recommend using build 18 offered at www.soulsofwisdom.com

#13 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(NewJourneysFire @ Jun 6 2011, 03:27 PM) View Post

Did you figure out the issue with the candle? It is an error I never experienced with this quest. This is why I recommend using build 18 offered at www.soulsofwisdom.com

I've not had a problem with the candle yet
And i finally got to lv 1 icon_smile.gif
i thought i wasn't going to get lv1 done because i run out of magic
Then i found some hidden near the entrance of dungeon
you sly devil icon_slycool.gif

Edited by linktopower, 09 June 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hylian01: Did you hear there was some old guy just giving away magic jars in Hyrule dungeon?
Hylian02: Oh really?
Hylian01: Oh ya, right! What a place to be giving magic, nuttin but moblins and stalfos in there!
Hylian02: Oh no...
Hylian01: It's crazy right! They don't even need magic!
Hylian02: So how did he end up in there?
Hylian01: They say he robbed the great fairy when she wouldn't put out!
Hylian02: Oh my! That's not true!!
Hylian01: Oh ya! Now she puts out to every Tom, link, and Harry she meets!!

Okay, enough of the subjective adult humor before I gets banned. icon_razz.gif I promise!

#15 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

Okay so far so good
made it to level 2
And got the bombs in LV 2
wondering where is Lv 2 boss
-------------------------------------------------
oh and i found a under combo glitch in lv 2
heres a image