Photo

Screenshot of the Week 323

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (53 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Sepulcher
IPB Image
"The wind calls, whispering a sweet, soft tune into the ears of the lone, adventurous soul. Do you hear it?"

Lynker
IPB Image
Stuck at a crossroads...just like life.

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Link is irritated by the bush blocking the way.

King Harkinian
IPB Image
This shot brings back memories of classic 2d zelda in its pride... and there would be link and enemies in the actual game.

Pokemonmaster64
IPB Image
Is this allowed? IS THIS ALLOWED?

ZebraStallion
IPB Image
Excuse the subscreen...

William
IPB Image

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Holy Jeezus! This turnout is AMAZING.
Mine is obviously outshone, but i'm fine with it.

Sepulcher - Agtfgnvnktfgedsfv. Holy COW. This is amazing beyond belief. You just keep on being amazing, and you'll always have my vote. 11/10

Lynker - No comment icon_razz.gif 9/10?

Yoshidude - A nice village screen! VERY nice. But, the palette is EYE BURNING. Change that, and it would be perfect! (Try changing it to LA Overworld icon_wink.gif) 9/10

KH - Simply beautiful. A game I would definitely want to play in icon_thumbsup.gif 9.5/10

PkmnMaster - No comment. Just beautiful. I am a huge fan of the BS tileset, and you've pulled it off beautifully! 9/10

Zeeb - a simple, beautiful Winter screen. Can't complain, nor tell you to change anything. Amazing job. 9.5/10

William - Your Winter shots are absolutely a marvel to look at. Keep this up. You're so great at it. I'm assuming you're making a Winter quests, due to all of these shots? I wanna play it!! 10/10

So once again, all of you should be proud of yourselves. Keep on trucking. You're all great screen makers! icon_smile.gif I love you all! icon_love.gif

Edited by Lynker, 05 June 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

With much regret, I nulled...So then:
Sepulcher: This is a rather nice screen, very balanced. Not much here to criticize. 10/10
Lynker: A bit cramped, but still a rather nice screen. 8/10
Yoshidude: ENOUGH SELHERA ALREADY! icon_razz.gif 7/10...don't like walking into a screen to find a bush in the way...
KingHarkinian: Eh. The raised sections hugs up against the edge of the screen awkwardly...6/10
Me: You shouldn't have entered. A good rebirth does not a good screen make. 5/10
Zeeb: Meh. I just don't like it. It's rather empty and the enemy difficulty is a bit...intense. 7/10
William: It's cramped but it doesn't ruin the shot. I love it! 10/10 *WOULDAVOTEDMAYBE*

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jun 5 2011, 07:54 PM) View Post

Yoshidude: ENOUGH SELHERA ALREADY! icon_razz.gif 7/10...don't like walking into a screen to find a bush in the way...
Umm, this screen wasn't even in the old selhera village,

#5 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jun 5 2011, 07:54 PM) View Post

Yoshidude: ENOUGH SELHERA ALREADY! icon_razz.gif

I lol'd XD
I'm getting tired of seeing the name, personally. xD

#6 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

Agreed. I've seen enough of Selhera Village to last a lifetime.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

Nice, we got a lot of contestants this week.

Sepulcher 6/10 - The only thing that stands out in this screen is the castle. I found the tree to be a bit style-clashy when used together with Robin's castle tiles. Other than that, I personally don't like how you structured the river. It looks pretty weird to me. The grass and river floor lack detail.

Lynker 6/10 - You got the detail down, but the mountain structure is just way too weird. Plus there really isn't anything that makes it stand out compared to the rest.

Yoshidude 8/10 - Another solid screen from the Selhera Village. Despite people saying the you like to show this village shot a lot, that doesn't stop this shot from being an awesome screen. Like last week, your screen would make me want to play the Oracle games. Excellent structure and detail that's just right make this one of the best screens you made.

King Harkinian 4/10 - There are several issues I have with your screen. Why did you put the edges of the bottom left island on the edge of the screen itself? If this is part of an actual quest, then having that structure would be awkward during gameplay.

Pokemonmaster64 7/10 - It's an okay shot overall, but it lacks one thing, water and ground detail.

ZebraStallion 6/10 - The mountain structure is average, but there really isn't anything going for it. I advise using snowy tiles from the GB tileset to enhance the detail of this screen. The grass detail is really hard to recognize. Brown dirt detail could be useful as well.

William 8/10 - Now that's what I call a winter GB shot. Like Yoshidude's shot, it's well executed in both structure and detail. The additional action that takes place on this screen is the icing on the cake, which made me vote for this shot. Well Done! :votes:

#8 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(William @ Jun 5 2011, 07:59 PM) View Post

Agreed. I've seen e Enough of Selhera Village to last a lifetime.
Coming from someone who only makes winter shots icon_razz.gif

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Yoshidude @ Jun 5 2011, 06:25 PM) View Post

Coming from someone who only makes winter shots icon_razz.gif

Let's not start a flame war, guys. William has made some non winter shots.We just kinda want you to broaden your horizons I guess. We've seen a lot of village shots and think it's best for you to move on to overworld and dungeon shots.

#10 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Very nice SoW this week.

Sepulcher: Very nice! The tiles are wonderful and the screen design is just divine! 9/10! *Votes*

Lynker: Great shot, a bit cramped with the bushes and other greenery. I also don't really like using desert. Just use dirt. Still, pretty kick ass screen! 8.5/10

Yoshidude: Very nice GB shot, but nothing really SoW worthy. 7/10.

King Harkinian (Lol). It's a good designed screen, but the palette and open corners kinda ruins it. 6/10.

Pokemonmaster: As I said in SR, beautiful shot and matchable quality to nuvo. 8.5/10.

ZebraStallio: Beautiful winter shot. a bit empty, but still nice. 7/10.

William: f***ing ass! That's one of the best shots I've seen from you! Can't say anything more then that! Exept that I've seen so many winter shots from you, I'm kinda getting a seasonal depression from it all icon_razz.gif. 9/10.

Everyone made such great shots though. You all are winners to me icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Keiichi123, 05 June 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#11 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

I would have voted for Pokemonmaster64 if I wasn't already in the contest. In response to those who don't like my shot, I'm not particularly a fan of it either. I put it together in a hurry because I thought there weren't enough entries. Anyways, my comments:

Sepulcher - The tiles are nice but I don't particularly like the shape of the river. Maybe it's because the land comes too close to the edge of the screen, I don't know. I'm weird like that.

Lynker - Definitely an improvement from your older shots, but this could still use a lot of work. You use WAY too many different ground details and it just looks messy and cluttered. Consistency is very important when it comes to detail.

Yoshidude - A nice GB shot, nothing I haven't seen before though. Something that bugs me is that you use the grass borders on the left edge of the screen. It's not really a problem, but it just looks kind of weird in my opinion.

KH - Noooo!!! Open corners! Other then that I like the palette/color. Very interesting.

Pokemonmaster64 - As I said earlier, I definitely would have voted for you. I don't know why I love this one so much. xD

William - You never fail to impress. There's just a couple of issues that I have with this screen. One, the waterfall is WAY too tall given the height of the mountains. It looks really off. Two, I'm not a fan of having trees vertically in line with each other. You do that at the bottom of the screen on top of the hill, and I think you should remove the upper one.

Great shots this week guys! Keep up the good work!

Edited by ZebraStallion, 05 June 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#12 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

Voted William. Nice GB shot, nuff said.

#13 crazymario

crazymario

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

I voted for Sepulcher's shot. I love the tileset used, and it was used well! But the water seems a bit strange...I don't know, maybe change the color a bit?
I have to be honest, a lot of these shots just seem tried and true. I don't really see any originality, other than King Harkinian's. I like the palette, albeit a bit monochrome, but the layout of the screen just seems...weird. Not sure how else to describe it. icon_razz.gif

#14 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

All of these make fine overworld screens for any quest, so any criticism is for the sake of picking out the best for this SotW.

Sepulcher - 7/10
Nice pick of graphics, decent attention to detail, and lovely subscreen, but I think the overall design could use a little better integrity for one main reason: A tree up against a wall of a castle doesn't make sense to me, mainly because it doesn't seem to fit well enough in that space. I think the screen could look better by simply removing it and seeing a bit more castle wall.

Lynker - 7/10
A well designed and detailed screen with a great subscreen too, making it a great everyday spot for an overworld. But for the sake of SotW, it isn't interesting enough to get my vote.

Yoshidude - 7/10
I always like to see what people can do with graphics that are not among the more modern, and I think your design with them is pretty good.

King Harkinian - 6/10
It's nice to see a dungeon among the sea of overworlds, and I do like the attempt at working with limited colors, as it does try to make you focus more on the details. As for the details, I think they are decent, but not integral enough for my vote.

Pokemonmaster64 - 7/10
While not perfectly symmetrical, I'm not a fan of close hints of it for an overworld screen. But that's not to say that it isn't a beautiful screen. The design is nice, and I love BS graphics. I think including the overhead tree leaves while not adding any smaller trees was a smart move on your part. Besides, there wouldn't have been any good place for them. The animation is a good extra touch too, but not enough to be my favorite of the group.

ZebraStallion - 8/10
Now this is something that I can really appreciate looking at, despite its message being "yet another overworld screen". The design elements are excellent, and every tile feels like it belongs there. It all feels right to me. The falling snow is a nice extra touch that is pulled off well here. You said excuse the subscreen, so I assume that is something you're still working on. I don't think the screen to too empty mainly because despite there being a lot of walkable ground, they are detailed pretty well. Then again, there are many definitions for what "empty" is. My vote for this week.

William - 7/10
Another well detailed screen, with this one being just shy of being too crowded feeling. One gripe I have with these winter graphics is that the darker ground details feel a bit too contrasting with the white snow, but I think you did a great job placing them right. Those blue ledges seem to work well with this screen, especially with falling snow present, which helps take away the neon lighting feeling from them, but I always found it strange looking for non-winter screens, and I see it done all the time. Another very good screen, but not my favorite.

#15 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

Was tossing up between Yoshidude and ZebraStallion... then I saw William's. *vote*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users