#32 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 28 September 2003 - 05:21 PM

The 2 topics were merged.
Oh wait my bad.
I thought you were going to Linkys old topic. icon_lol.gif
Oh well, I've humiliated my self today. Maybe I should hold off until tomorrow to do it again. icon_razz.gif
Hmm......
Make side quests in your quests. Games with just dungeons and overworlds get quite boring.

#33 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 12:01 PM

This isn't really a trick, but I want to tell you all to experiment with the ctrl+click secret combo tricks, and the combo cycling tricks. Imagine the kind of puzzle you can make, if you have a "cycle" of combos being turned into others at the push of a button, which activates and deactivates those combos. Just try it. icon_wink.gif You'll be surprised what you can do on a single screen.

#34 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:58 PM

Yes, 1.90 freeform dungeons. If you do this you can have only 15 dungeons total(assuming one is normal). First, you need 2 of the same tile that activates the "freeform warp"(but it really changes the DMap and its type to Cave/Dngn.). Set the duplicate to the "Stairs" combo type. Now, build your room where you'd like to have the side with no door. Put the stairs tile where you want to warp(must be on the 3rd tile from the side with no door.)and set warp to I-warp. Make it go to a duplicate screen where the DMap is "cave" and the map is in the same position. Make sure you make a warp back to the DNGN Dmap the same way. Keep the MIDI the same so players won't know as easily. This can be used with the door trick(as seen in Revenge2.)to make even deeper levels! Make sure the top half of the warp is unwalkable to make the warp impossible to skip.

This will be seen in a future quest I'm making.

This comes from my post at ZCN, click here to view it.

#35 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:06 PM

Problem. Stairs warp isn't activated when you step on the top half of the combo. The player can completely miss the warp and encounter a buggy dungeon. icon_shrug.gif

You'll have to take attention to that.

#36 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:48 PM

Wait, didn't I say the top was supposed to be unwalkable?

I have yet another trick for 1.90: Change constant palettes:

You can set level-defined custom palettes!

This requires interpolated fading. Choose that, then go to the Level Palettes window and make your custom palette for that level. Then choose cycle. Here's an example of the feature:

Situation: You want Link to have blue clothes.

Create the palette in the LP then choose Cycle. For CSet, enter 6. For first and last type 0 and F. Then type 1 for count, and 0 for speed.

You *might* be able to cycle water with this. I don't know as I am not real good at cycling. icon_sweat.gif

This can be used in some really creative situations.

#37 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:04 AM

Use for the red candle in zc 1.90 (Must be in a dungeon)First make a place blocked by bushes that can be burned. Put flag 4 on them. Then in the secret combo screen, put a bush there and put flag 4 on it, and put a tile that the burned bush turns into. Then on the screen with the bushes, put flag 16 right after it. Then go to secret combos and make 16 the bush with the burn flag. Then make burn the tile for when the bush is burned. Now the red candle can be required in a quest! When you burn the first set of bushes, antoehr appears, then when you burn those you can continue! (I'm a genious!)

Switch -> chest (or something else)
Make a switch (trigger temp) and a tile for what the switch turns into after it is pressed. Then place the switch on the screen. Put flag 16 on the switch and then flag 17 where the chest appears. Then put the closed chest tile in the secret combo page screen with a flag 10 on it. Then on the original screen in the secret combos, make flag 16 the pressed switch, then flag 17 the chest. Make the under combo on the screen the opened chest. Make the room type special item, then set the item. You're all set. When link steps on the switch, the chest appears, then when you slash the chest, the item comes out. But of course you also must know how to make a chest in ZC.

#38 Pysis

Pysis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:28 PM

I know this topic is knida old but I just found out something, it's not a very big technique, but it's when you copy a tile, you and press O on and empty tile to create it and still have the tile copied. Kinda like Blode799' trick.

#39 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:32 PM

No, it still won't keep the tile copied actually. I've had to to copy + overlap things for a lot of tiles at a time sometimes, and I remember it to be somewhat frustrating. icon_confused.gif

#40 Pysis

Pysis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 January 2004 - 07:43 PM

No it works, I just did it, I saw it in the bottom-left corner, and press o to put it in a square.

#41 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:10 PM

No, it still won't keep the tile copied actually. I've had to to copy + overlap things for a lot of tiles at a time sometimes, and I remember it to be somewhat frustrating.

Odd, it keeps it copied in 1.92, I don't remember if it did that in 1.90. Try overlapping in both versions, see what happens. I'm too lazy to do that icon_razz.gif .

#42 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:23 PM

My bad, you are indeed correct. I apologize. icon_wink.gif

#43 Pysis

Pysis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:59 PM

PolygonX8, in 1.90 you can still overlap without a problem.

Kinda O.T. In 1.90, your mouse/cursor is extremely slow.

#44 Guest_zclover (Guest)

Guest_zclover (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:09 AM

If you use the right click function it makes it a lot easier!

#45 Guest_zclover (Guest)

Guest_zclover (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:10 AM

Hold down left mouse button when tiling it makes it a lot easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users