Photo

Screenshot of the Week 557

DragonDePlatino CyberGamer1539 ywkls Joelmacool Sephiroth

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 557 (66 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:18 PM

CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539.png

Look at my messy screen design!

ywkls

ywkls.png

A break in the clouds! I'm saved!

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

It's the "Aqua Expoots"!

Sephiroth

Sephiroth.png

What a spacious room for a Labyrinth! Oh wait, is that a floating dock?

DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino.png

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

Nulled, since I'm in this one. So here's my reflections on my competition.

CyberGamer1539- It actually doesn't look all that messy to me. The palette is a tad bright, but not so as to be glaring. Otherwise, nothing particularly notable here.

Joelmacool- A very wet dungeon shot. The little spots where water comes out of the walls are a nice touch, though the logic behind the one on the left side of the middle (as in where the water comes from) escapes me.

Sephiroth- Do I sense a dungeon involving raising and lowering water levels, raft paths and the like? That sparks my interest right away. Not a bad shot either. My vote would have gone here.

DragonDePlatino- I get the sense that you're creating a tileset or some such. It looks like something between classic and gameboy. My only complaint is the look of the character, if he's supposed to be Link. As a representation of Link, it needs some work. Otherwise, okay.

A good showing all around.

Edited by ywkls, 01 May 2016 - 11:26 PM.

#3 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

yuck. none of these strikes me as worth choosing.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:39 AM

CyberGamer1539

A bit too yellow IMO. Are the mountain borders supposed to be so sharp? I'm not saying you designed them, but I wish they had rounded corners and that they weren't blue when nothing else is blue.

ywkls

The start of a nice shot, needs more ground detail. Is that a ghostly golden pillar or sunbeams?

Joelmacool

Interesting navigational layout. Not sure about the hidden clay pot.

Sephiroth

The floor borders are missing in the upper right corner (at first I thought was a wall going down, not up, dunno why). Personally I don't like floor borders visually blocking the stairway. I really like the layout a lot though.

DragonDePlatino

Totally love this tileset! And I noticed the button items are now much easier to see :) How the water meets the land looks a little oddly-shaped, but it's just one frame out of an animation so I can't really judge it. Darker water usually means deeper water though, so it's strange that it gets darker as it gets closer to the shore.

I like Sephiroth's and DragonDePlatino's the most.

Edited by Cukeman, 02 May 2016 - 12:43 AM.

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:14 AM

CyberGamer1539 - Pretty nicely done. I like what you got going on here and it's a pretty decent GB screen.

ywkls - I like what you got going on here, but the screen seems a bit too much on the empty side and the cloud on the top-left looks kinda strange with the gravestone, it looks as if the grave is on the same level as the clouds or something.

Joelmacool - Nice job with this screen. I love the details and the design. Good job here.

Sephiroth - Pretty interesting screen here. I spy a gimmick with the water too. Maybe you could have some more stuff like pots and things like that, but that's up to you really.

DragonDePlatino - This tileset is coming along very nicely. This screen looks really awesome too and I love what you got going on here.

I voted for DDP in the end with Joel in 2nd.

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:29 AM

I voted for DragonDePlatino, I would love to use this tileset. Though why is the shallow water(?) darker than the deep water? I don't think this makes much sense as the beaches I have been to have light shallow water and dark deep water due to seaweed and all that.

Second place goes to Sephiroth. Loving that dungeon!

• Jared and DragonDePlatino like this

#7 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

voted for DDP.  i'm trying not to get immediately suckered in by the novelty of a new tileset, but his happens to look really nice and it's being used in a good way

#8 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:19 AM

As further down you go as better it gets.

Cybergamer - The screen itself is not bad designed, but the palette you did choose is not nice. Like things swimming in a yellow-green soup.

ywkls - One of your best screens so far. I don't see how you could confuse the grave to be on the clouds, but the grass is near to invisible on the dark screen, regarding the distance of the clouds seen through the rain you should be able to see the lower part of the light-beam and the rain goes at times 2 combos to the right, at times only one (mmostly reasoned by the clouds form).

Joelmacool - Nice screen, likely used really interesting, but three paths cramped together looks a bit cramped :)

Sephiroth - looks good, don't like it too much, but looks good, no complaints.

DDP - awesome tileset and furthermore great screen. The water sure looks a bit off (is it darker because you see the ground through the water ?) The Link also looks like, resembles donkey kong a bit with the hands so far down, nothing that disturbes me though ;)

#9 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:26 AM

Sephiroth
The floor borders are missing in the upper right corner (at first I thought was a wall going down, not up, dunno why). Personally I don't like floor borders visually blocking the stairway. I really like the layout a lot though.

The floor borders are actually not missing in the upper top-right. Look at the base of the walls in the lower section, there's also no floor borders there. The borders only visibly go around areas water can go. :P
  • Shane likes this

#10 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

DragonDePlatino is the best one for me :3

-Strike

#11 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

The floor borders are actually not missing in the upper top-right. Look at the base of the walls in the lower section, there's also no floor borders there. The borders only visibly go around areas water can go. :P

Huh, so they're not floor borders, they're water borders. I can see your logic, it's just really unexpected to have a common graphic element not serving its usual function. Kind of hard to see it differently.

#12 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

Huh, so they're not floor borders, they're water borders. I can see your logic, it's just really unexpected to have a common graphic element not serving its usual function. Kind of hard to see it differently.

Very true. But I figured I didn't really need "floor borders" due to 1) Floor being a separate color from the walls and 2) walls having somewhat of a built-in "border" at the bottom of them already..
  • Cukeman likes this

#13 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

DDP, your tileset rekindles my love for ZC.

• Cukeman and DragonDePlatino like this

#14 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

I voted for DragonDePlatino, that screenshot is awesome! Cool and creative graphics and a clean design.

Joelmacool would be my second choice here, awesome looking dungeon which has a fun to play vibe.

The other 3 shots are pretty good too, but didn't really do it for me.

#15 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

DDP gets it for me this week. Pretty masterful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DragonDePlatino, CyberGamer1539, ywkls, Joelmacool, Sephiroth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users