• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Okay, splitting is really confusing me.

I want to make an enemy that splits when hit by an unusually strong weapon, but otherwise doesn't.

Is that (or something like that) possible in the enemy editor?

Edited by Cukeman, 28 January 2018 - 05:54 PM.

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

if the damage it takes exceeds its HP

That's "death."

If you're saying you want some kind of super-death, as in the enemy dies normally after 16 HP but splits if driven past 32 HP by a single attack, then no that's not an option at present in 2.53.

in b4 "well, with scripting..."

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Just trying to figure out all splitting options present.

Doesn't have to do specifically what I said, but something along those lines.

How to make it split on death, but not on hit (because last hit should kill not split)

Edited by Cukeman, 28 January 2018 - 05:56 PM.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

How to make it split on death, but not on hit (because last hit should kill not split)

I remember messing around with this a bit too. This might sound obvious/ you may have tried already, but have you set its HP to something higher than the weapon you are using? If you can one-shot it, split on hit won't work, as it will just die. That's why the Zols die in one hit with the White sword, but split with the wood sword in Z1. But, if the HP exceeds the damage from the hit, "split on death" should work as advertised, and it shouldn't split on hit.

edited for clarity.

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

I remember messing around with this a bit too. This might sound obvious/ you may have tried already, but have you set its HP to something higher than the weapon you are using? If you can one-shot it, split on hit won't work, as it will just die. That's why the Zols die in one hit with the White sword, but split with the wood sword in Z1. But, if the HP exceeds the damage from the hit, "split on death" should work as advertised, and it shouldn't split on hit.

edited for clarity.

Doesn't that mean it would always split on death?

Trying to figure out a way where weak weapons won't cause it to split, but a strong weapon will.

Or did i misunderstand you entirely?

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

Trying to figure out a way where weak weapons won't cause it to split, but a strong weapon will.

I think I misunderstood what you wanted in the OP. lol. This, though, I am pretty sure will require a script.

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

No worries if it's impossible, certainly worth asking and learning what can be done though.

• Anthus and Lüt like this

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

Split on hit: If a weapon damages an enemy, but does not kill it, then the enemy will divide into n copies of the npc that you specify in the attributes field.

Split on Death: When the npc's HP is <= 0, it will split into n copies of the npc that you specify in its attributes.

There is not yet an enemy editor weapon defence that causes npcs to split based on weapon types, although this is planned. It's purely HP-based for the above two.

Once there is a working split defence, Digdogger will be using it. :D

To split npcs in custom ways, at present, does require scripting.

Note: Splitting npcs can be set to split into more copies of themself on hit, or on death. If you give an npc the split on hit attribute, and you make weapons that OHKO it, you can create hellish abominations, such as my wand ghosts, and arrow knights.

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:21 AM

P.S. Unpublished FFC scripts for splitting and tribbling.

#10 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:54 AM

Also you can have enemies split into guys lol. Like Zelda and Abei and stuff. You need to set the enemy ID to split to a low number like 4 or 5. I don't remember. But most numbers under 10 will work. You can use this to have enemies leave gore when they are killed. You need to look omn the tile page to tell what number corresponds to each person. Sorry this is so vague but hopefully that is enough information to figure it out if you want.

-Strike

#11 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

Also you can have enemies split into guys lol. Like Zelda and Abei and stuff. You need to set the enemy ID to split to a low number like 4 or 5. I don't remember. But most numbers under 10 will work. You can use this to have enemies leave gore when they are killed. You need to look omn the tile page to tell what number corresponds to each person. Sorry this is so vague but hopefully that is enough information to figure it out if you want.

-Strike

Oh, then you could have them split into a guy who looks like them, but just stands there, and play the sound clip of 2002 Green Goblin saying "I surrender!" LOL

#12 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

Yeah you actually could lol

-Strike

Edited by strike, 02 February 2018 - 03:53 PM.

#13 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

You can only have one guy onscreen and his placement is always the same, right?

#14 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

Not if I remember correctly. I think you can have multiple spawn this way. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users