Amazon's The Tick series

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:22 AM

The new Tick live action series is set to release in a few days on August 25, and I thought it'd be fun to have a thread about it.

The Tick began as an independent comic book which would put out several issue series from time to time. It got an animated TV show which ran for 3 seasons and a live action TV show which was only given 9 episodes. The live action show didn't run long enough to find its footing, so I feel mixed on it, but it had some great moments. The animated series was really where The Tick got to shine with crazy over-the-top super villain antics and inhuman characters.

Much of The Tick's appeal is the zany, clever dialogue, and The Tick's good-natured lack of awareness and rationality. It's a parody of superhero comics and movies.

This new show begins with a world akin to Netflix' Daredevil, then proceeds to inject wacky humor into it and hilarity ensues. Certainly a parody that takes modern superhero film and TV/streaming into account.

I love the pilot for this series (free to watch on Amazon Prime) that came out some time ago, and I'm really looking forward to this show- very much my kind of thing.

Edited by Cukeman, 20 August 2017 - 05:06 AM.

#2 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

I don't know much on Tick, maybe his fame still not cross the ocean. or i'm not much updated in comics, seem funny, i will try to see it

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

I'm 4 episodes in and really enjoying this

spoilers

EDIT: It was only 6 episodes? :(

Still really good tho  :approve:  :approve:  :approve:

EDIT: The rest of this 'season' drops later this 'season'

Edited by Cukeman, 02 September 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

Sooo, the second half of Season 1 doesn't drop until late February... it's gonna be a loong wait

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

Just finished watching the second half of season 1, which was recently released. Awesome show, loved it! Hope it keeps going

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users