light torch in the dor tile set

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 19 January 2023 - 10:14 PM

i am using the dor tile set the torches wont light when you use the candle is there something speacial with the dor tile set you have to do to light the torch. i also want to set up a stair case when you burn a big tree but when you burn the tree down it puts a stair case for every burn flag so how can i set it up so it only puts one stair case when you burn a big tree i am using the dor tileset 2.55 zquest thank you

#2 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 January 2023 - 05:19 PM

no body can help with this

#3 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 03:29 PM

Flag 4 for the burn, flag 16-31 for secret tiles. Screen->Secret Combos. There's where to set it.

#4 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 05:54 PM

that doesnt light the candle

#5 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:01 PM

that doesnt light the candle

Yeah it does. Look at my Maze of Hyrule 2 file. It has this setup. Press f to show which flags are on screen. Map 1 screen 7f has a burnable tree.

Edited by TheRock, 21 January 2023 - 06:02 PM.

#6 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:11 PM

i am trying to just light the torch so the torch lights the room i am using the door tile set and when put a torch on a screen it wont light. i even set it to torch wich is 69 it still wont light

#7 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:24 PM

Edit Combo->Attribs->Radius. That will set how much the torch will show. The room will also need to be a dark room type. Screen Data->Dark Room.  

Edited by TheRock, 21 January 2023 - 06:26 PM.

#8 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:48 PM

i set the radios and the torch still wont light i even set it to dark room and still would not light

#9 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 07:07 PM

Did you set the flag 4 Burn Trigger (Any) (004) to the combo so you can burn it? Send me the file over and I can get it working.

• chris cervoni likes this

#10 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 08:08 PM

how would i send the file i will try to send it tomorrow

#11 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2023 - 09:48 PM

Here's my Discord: TheRock32#8472

#12 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 January 2023 - 10:08 PM

i am trying to just light the torch so the torch lights the room i am using the door tile set and when put a torch on a screen it wont light. i even set it to torch wich is 69 it still wont light

The torch combo type is for *already-lit* torches, not torches you need to use fire to light.

If the issue is the torch lighting up the room, Torches are part of New Dark Rooms, so you need to have the New Dark Rooms enabled in quest options.

#13 chris cervoni

chris cervoni

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 23 January 2023 - 01:33 PM

i figured it out you have to to set the torch to feature and set flag to change combo and set triger to fire and and have a lit torch to the right of the unlit torch the orignal tile set the torch is already set but in the dor tile set you have to set it up yourself
  • TheRock likes this

#14 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:59 AM

i figured it out you have to to set the torch to feature and set flag to change combo and set triger to fire and and have a lit torch to the right of the unlit torch the orignal tile set the torch is already set but in the dor tile set you have to set it up yourself

In almost ANY tileset you'll need to set up new 2.55 features by yourself, as there are pretty much no tilesets out for 2.55 yet. Torch combos literally *did not exist* when DoR was made. (The only exception to this is the default quest, which is what you get when you "File->New"- as I've updated that with new features periodically)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users