Another Land 2

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:58 AM

The thread for Another Land 2. Stuck somewhere? Found a bug? Report it all here, and I'll help you out.

(Reminder: You do NOT need to play the original in order to understand this one.)

Edited by Ecruteak, 23 January 2018 - 03:37 PM.

• Shane, Eddy and Matthew like this

#2 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

Okay I seems to be first out with a question. First I will thank you for this nice quest. I have beaten level 5 and got the lens. I have found some interesting places but no way to level 6. Would apprecate some tips how to go on. / Lukaz 

#3 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Use the Lens to find the desert's exit. It's a bombable wall somwhere near the Armos statues. I should've made it clearer, but I didn't know how else to make the Lens useful.

Edited by Ecruteak, 23 January 2018 - 03:38 PM.

#4 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

I think I may have screwed myself on keys in the swamp palace. I've been to every room I can, killed all enemies. There is a switch in one room which I assume requires the bow.

I think it's behind one of the remaining locked doors.

This is where I've been.

xcvw5t.jpg

Edited by Spelunker, 23 January 2018 - 03:59 PM.

#5 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

I think I may have screwed myself on keys in the swamp palace. I've been to every room I can, killed all enemies. There is a switch in one room which I assume requires the bow.

I think it's behind one of the remaining locked doors.

This is where I've been.

xcvw5t.jpg

I see that there's a room you haven't been to in the dungeon's south. On this screen, did you kill all the enemies to open the bottom door? That's where the Bow is.

Em4oRMx.png

I should also mention that I accidentally made one key basically useless. You don't actually need to open the locked door here, it just gives you another key that you were meant to use to open this other locked door, but it can be skipped. Behind this locked door isn't anything important.

Edited by Ecruteak, 23 January 2018 - 04:09 PM.

#6 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

I see that there's a room you haven't been to in the dungeon's south. On this screen, did you kill all the enemies to open the bottom door? That's where the Bow is.

Em4oRMx.png

I should also mention that I accidentally made one key basically useless. You don't actually need to open the locked door here, it just gives you another key that you were meant to use to open this other locked door, but it can be skipped. Behind this locked door isn't anything important.

I've been in that room, entered it from the north. I can't get to the bottom half because I don't have any more keys. I tried pushing the blocks.

(The door from the west is locked from the other side.)

Edited by Spelunker, 23 January 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#7 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

I've been in that room, entered it from the north. I can't get to the bottom half because I don't have any more keys. I tried pushing the blocks.

(The door from the west is locked from the other side.)

Hmm... If it helps, here's every room in the dungeon that contains a key.

Spoiler

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Can i just make a comment on the quest submission itself? You have ZQ screenshots, which seems odd to me, but I guess it's alright. In the description you say: "I actually tested the entire quest this time". But shouldn't this be a given? xD For the quest genre you chose "other" but I'm pretty sure the correct one would have been either dungeon-romper of NES-style. Anyway besides that, this looks good!

#9 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

Can i just make a comment on the quest submission itself? You have ZQ screenshots, which seems odd to me, but I guess it's alright. In the description you say: "I actually tested the entire quest this time". But shouldn't this be a given? xD For the quest genre you chose "other" but I'm pretty sure the correct one would have been either dungeon-romper of NES-style. Anyway besides that, this looks good!

Thanks! I'll address your comments individually.

- The ZQ screenshots are because for some reason I'm unable to screenshot using ZC's screenshot command, and manually taking screenshots during gameplay makes the filesizes too big, so I used editor shots.

- "I actually tested the entire quest this time" is in reference to the fact that with my previous two quests (Link's Generic Quest, Another Land), I was too lazy to test the entire things, resulting in glaring issues (under-combo issues, no Ganon battle in Generic Quest, etc). For this one, I tested the entire thing both in chunks and as a whole, which is why I said that.

- I chose "Other" instead of "Dungeon Romper" because I don't have faith in my dungeons and there's only the standard eight anyway, so I didn't think it fit the genre.

Hope that answers some stuff, and thanks again for your kind words.

• Avaro likes this

#10 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

I've finished the first 2 dungeons but I'm stumped trying to find the 3rd one. I've been through the Lost Woods and found what I thought was the entrance to level 3 but so far no item I have has worked. So what am I missing? 

Never mind I found level 3 :love:

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 23 January 2018 - 10:02 PM.

• Castelia likes this

#11 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

I've finished the first 2 dungeons but I'm stumped trying to find the 3rd one. I've been through the Lost Woods and found what I thought was the entrance to level 3 but so far no item I have has worked. So what am I missing? 

Never mind I found level 3 :love:

Just out of curiosity, which entrance did you think was Level 3?

#12 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

I´m in level 7 and have a hard time with the L2 sword. Have I missed the magic sword ?

EDIT: - Haha..forget my question about the sword :nerd:

Edited by Lukaz, 24 January 2018 - 12:52 PM.

#13 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

I'm stuck trying to find level 3.  I got the super bomb.  The arrow and bomb doesn't work on that time in the screen above where I got the super bomb.

#14 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

I'm stuck trying to find level 3.  I got the super bomb.  The arrow and bomb doesn't work on that time in the screen above where I got the super bomb.

Remember the house with an orange door in West Myragon? That's where the Super Bomb needs to be used.

#15 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

i too am short a key in the swamp dungeon. I restarted twice already just to be sure. 

This def need to be fixed.

Right now game unplayable do to key bug

• Castelia likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users