• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:45 PM

Heh.

Hardly the first time I've seen those things bug out in ZC.

If you put any block-monster objects or flags in a room, they'll bump into them and disappear into a wall leaving a string of 7's and 8's behind.

More amusingly, you can kill the 7's and 8's too.

And hey wait, is that a live play?? And I wasn't invited? :(

#17 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

Having fun with this quest! Thanks Lut! I have finished the spider dungeon, no hookshot and am now in the second vault without it. I thought I had been in every room.. What did I miss?

I am in the desert dungeon now perhaps it is in here. Yep, I found it. Just ignore this

Edited by Mister Snooze, 09 October 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#18 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:11 PM

Hey, no problem, thanks for playing!

Consider yourself ignored :P

#19 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:35 PM

And hey wait, is that a live play?? And I wasn't invited? :(

I mostly announced when I start playing via IRC. I have a thread in the let's play forum, but no one seemed to take interest so I haven't bothered to post every time I start streaming. I generally don't plan out in advance when I play, but if you're interested you can idle in the PZC IRC room and I'll let you know when I start.

#20 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:10 PM

Oh.

Didn't even know that existed.

Guess I should update IRC. I think it's been 8 years.

Then again, I'm going to be out most of this week/end. Maybe not.

#21 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

completed almost all dungeons spider included,, BUT,,, where is the lens of true..?? :confused:

just can't find it!!

#22 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

Vravelo the lens is in the 2nd Treasure Vault. Good luck getting thru it. I'm stuck in a room where you need to use the bow to kill an enemy but stupid bubbles keep taking it away so that you have to go back to start to get a blue bubble.  I gave up for now but I'll go back later.

• vravelo likes this

#23 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

I ought to hire you as my official help thread assistant :)

It is indeed at the end of the 2nd Treasure Vault.

But wait, you're trying to do it without the whisp ring? O_o

And you got that far?

Impressive.

Yeah so, once you get out the back side of Spider, you go down that back-road with the little green patch along the way, then end up at the ring shop in the tree. When that old lady says the second one "removes weapon and item jinxes," she's talking about making red bubble jinxes (disablings) as short as static bubble ones. So if you buy that whisp ring for 225, you get your weapons and items back in like 2 seconds after a red bubble hits you.

[edit] And, once you get to the end, you can pick up the Cane of Byrna, which I've now modified so that it can one-hit-kill red and static bubbles.

Edited by Lüt, 10 October 2015 - 12:00 PM.

#24 Cyruscaine82

Cyruscaine82

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

I'm having fun with this quest Lut.  Thanks for makng this.  I have one question though.  Where is the wallet?  I'm running into shops with the upgraded bow and rings that require more than 255 rubies and I ran into a guy that said something like "Didn't I already give you my wallet?" but no wallet.  Help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

#25 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

Oh, yeah he's near the start. First screen up from the start screen, actually. He's hiding out under the center tree.

Alternatively, second one is somewhere in the graveyard.

Edited by Lüt, 10 October 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#26 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

Vravelo the lens is in the 2nd Treasure Vault. Good luck getting thru it. I'm stuck in a room where you need to use the bow to kill an enemy but stupid bubbles keep taking it away so that you have to go back to start to get a blue bubble.  I gave up for now but I'll go back later.

tyhanks ms_zelda_lady,,,, can you stand by the door..? so they don't take away ur bow..?  did that some where and worked!!

#27 Cyruscaine82

Cyruscaine82

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

Oh, yeah he's near the start. First screen up from the start screen, actually. He's hiding out under the center tree.

Alternatively, second one is somewhere in the graveyard.

Thanks!  I found the big one too.  Clever place to put the big key in the desert dungeon by the way.  Took me a while to find it!

Edited by Cyruscaine82, 10 October 2015 - 06:12 PM.

#28 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:10 PM

Oh, yeah sure.

So, just like outside, you can bomb rocks inside.

If you go to the section left from the entry, the one with the rocks and cacti, at the top-right, there's a room with large rock clusters and no enemies. There's also a single straight section on the rock cluster, just above the lower door. Bomb that open and you'll find what you're looking for.

(Common quest theme: most of my "dead ends" aren't true dead ends.)

#29 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:44 AM

this is ridiculous!!... After avoiding to be touched by those yellow bubles at vault 2 I made to the end just to find out didn't had the hook ,"jesus crist" avoid to fall down,, there's no way out from this basement - need to F6 to continue.. doing the desert dungeon now to get that hookshot --- hope those moster are o waiting for me when I go back.. :toast:  :drool:  :nerd:  :aggravated:  :eyeitus:  :eyeitus:

Edited by vravelo, 11 October 2015 - 03:44 AM.

#30 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:29 AM

Heh, yeah, 3 things.

First, every room in the vaults stays dead once you beat it. I'm not that cruel.

Second, check out what I said to ms_lady_zelda a few posts up, about getting the whisp ring. If you buy it for 225 in the ring shop at the far south-east of the desert area (the one you come past after going out the back side of Spider), that will remove permanent bubble disablements in like 2 seconds, so those yellow bubbles will be as harmless as the regular static bubbles.

Third, Desert also has Farore's Wind, so you can warp back to the start if you fall down (if F6 feels like a cheat, though it really accomplishes the same thing anyway).

Also, these side-dungeons aren't really required for the following areas anyway, so if you want to go west and hookshot across that lake to the next area first, pick up some more hearts and magic and maybe the magical sword and possibly even the 1/2 magic upgrade before going back in there, that's a good idea too.

(And FYI, pits in normal dungeons are never traps. Only side-dungeons.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users