Photo

Destiny of the Oracles (Final Demo)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Destiny of the Oracles (Final Demo)

What areas need more work?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How could enemies be improved?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What else would you add?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:02 AM

It has been a long, hard road...

But at last, the Hero of Hyrule has reached Labrynna...

Destiny1.png

Download Demo here!
Please use ZC Version 2.50.2 to avoid bugs)

Explore 14 complex dungeons!

zelda003.pngzelda041.pngzelda006.png

Solve new puzzles to reach your goal!

zelda011.pngzelda015.pngzelda054.png

Fight 24 unique bosses!

zelda016.pngzelda045.pngzelda055.png

Travel between worlds and obtain new items to discover even more secrets!

zelda018.pngzelda037.png

zelda048.pngzelda004.png

Uncover hidden mini-games!

zelda013.pngzelda017.png

As events unfold, you must take on the powers given to the legendary Oracles; Din and Nayru.

Journey through a Labrynna whose past has been subtly altered, erasing the Hero from time.

Visit a strange Mirror Realm, where the forces of evil hold sway.

Play as two separate characters with unique strengths and abilities!

Warp between worlds, cooperating to open the path forward!

Uncover strange items, complex ruins, hidden bosses, tricky mini-games... and more!

Continue the path through the 4 Lands paved by those gone before you.

Lead the Oracles onwards... to meet their Destiny.

• Mitsukara and Shane like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:36 AM

Looks like a big adventurous quest. Lots of effort and ideas went into it. I'm sure players are going to like this!

I may dislike the screen design, but it's fine. It has romhacking vibes, where the creator let nothing stop him to do whatever he wanted to do.

• ywkls likes this

#3 Shane

Shane

• Members

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:54 AM

Looks like this is going to be a big adventure! I love the variety here and playing as the oracles is a neat concept.

• ywkls likes this

#4 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:12 PM

Looks like this is going to be a big adventure! I love the variety here and playing as the oracles is a neat concept.

Final quest is planned to have 17 required and 3 optional dungeons.

Currently, I'm working on dungeons 15 and 16.

All mini-games are finished and included in the demo.

Trading sequence is also done.

All 10 optional bosses are done, though only 9 can be accessed in the demo.

A bunch of other optional post-game stuff is sort of done, but can't be accessed yet.

And that doesn't even cover the final optional dungeon, where you'll play as all 3 Oracles...

• Shane likes this

#5 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

Wait, is the demo 14 dungeons? Wow :O

This does look cool though, and one more I'm going to try to play. I don't realistically know if I could beat it or not, but I can check it out. :)

• ywkls likes this

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:05 AM

Wait, is the demo 14 dungeons? Wow :O

This does look cool though, and one more I'm going to try to play. I don't realistically know if I could beat it or not, but I can check it out. :)

14 dungeons is all I've finished...

I have 6 more planned for the final quest.

There is a help topic if you get stuck.

Or you can contact me on Discord.

• Anthus likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:47 AM

So I got the first two dungeons done in both worlds and stopped it there for now. So far this is a very interesting quest. The concept of linking two worlds together like this is really cool and creative, since while they're connected in some way, they're still very separate so far since you can't seem to have Din in Labrynna or the other way round, and that's quite a cool thing to see. The dungeons so far are very creative and definitely a step up from stuff you've made in the past. The scripted content is definitely better, but I imagine you'll iron out some of the oddities later on (usually small things like how the stalfos enemies in the Royal Gallery kinda stutter when stopping to jump and shoot). I'm no scripter so idk how it would be to work around that stuff, but regardless there's a lot of cool things done with them.

In terms of the graphics side and general looks, there's definitely an improvement. Dungeons look quite unique and pleasing and some of the overworld segments look decent. I guess if we're going by the poll, I think the next step would be to look at the overworld design a bit more. I think right now, some parts of the overworld is a bit too "boxed", so roughening the straight mountains in places would really add a lot imo. I think this would be more beneficial to the Mirror World rather than Labyrnna, but could be good to see there too.

As for the enemies, I think the current difficulty is fine in terms of enemies, despite only doing 4 dungeons. Nothing was too hard or too easy and variety was pretty good this time round, so no complaints here with the actual enemies. Though I suppose to add something, the item drop rates are waaaay too much imo. I maxed out my wallet really fast which makes money quite worthless to find, and I was constantly getting fairies to spawn along with other health items, so I guess while the enemies are fine, the drop sets probably need to be tweaked down quite a bit to make things a little rarer. It would also be better to have a bit of a bigger "nothing" chance since right now it seems like every bush, pot, tall grass and enemy drops an item. So I voted Other for this reason for the second question, since it doesn't quite directly link to enemies I suppose lol.

In terms of what else to add, I can't really think of anything so nothing from me here.

That's about all I have to say on this. Looking really promising and I wish you the best of luck on finishing this project!

• ywkls likes this

#8 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:05 AM

So I got the first two dungeons done in both worlds and stopped it there for now. So far this is a very interesting quest. The concept of linking two worlds together like this is really cool and creative, since while they're connected in some way, they're still very separate so far since you can't seem to have Din in Labrynna or the other way round, and that's quite a cool thing to see.

Din and Nayru can visit the other world with an item you obtain after Din's level 2, but they can't actually explore.

I've debated having a late game feature where you can cross over at will, but it feels like it would be too complex to pull off.

The dungeons so far are very creative and definitely a step up from stuff you've made in the past. The scripted content is definitely better, but I imagine you'll iron out some of the oddities later on (usually small things like how the stalfos enemies in the Royal Gallery kinda stutter when stopping to jump and shoot). I'm no scripter so idk how it would be to work around that stuff, but regardless there's a lot of cool things done with them.

Those Stalfos have given me nothing but grief. They're supposed to jump away from you, like the LTTP enemies.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get that to work right so I settled for having them just jump before firing.

I plan to go over the scripts again before the final release to see if anything I learn in the meantime helps improve things.

In terms of the graphics side and general looks, there's definitely an improvement. Dungeons look quite unique and pleasing and some of the overworld segments look decent. I guess if we're going by the poll, I think the next step would be to look at the overworld design a bit more. I think right now, some parts of the overworld is a bit too "boxed", so roughening the straight mountains in places would really add a lot imo. I think this would be more beneficial to the Mirror World rather than Labyrnna, but could be good to see there too.

My biggest problem with redesigning the overworld is that once I start working on one screen, I have to do them all or it doesn't look right.

I do hate those mountains with a passion.

As for the enemies, I think the current difficulty is fine in terms of enemies, despite only doing 4 dungeons. Nothing was too hard or too easy and variety was pretty good this time round, so no complaints here with the actual enemies. Though I suppose to add something, the item drop rates are waaaay too much imo. I maxed out my wallet really fast which makes money quite worthless to find, and I was constantly getting fairies to spawn along with other health items, so I guess while the enemies are fine, the drop sets probably need to be tweaked down quite a bit to make things a little rarer. It would also be better to have a bit of a bigger "nothing" chance since right now it seems like every bush, pot, tall grass and enemy drops an item. So I voted Other for this reason for the second question, since it doesn't quite directly link to enemies I suppose lol.

In terms of what else to add, I can't really think of anything so nothing from me here.

That's about all I have to say on this. Looking really promising and I wish you the best of luck on finishing this project!

Balancing enemy drops is on my to do list.

I should add that there is a lot of stuff to buy in the quest.

In addition to the 2 shields (150 rupees), there's also two wallets (755 rupees), a revival potion (700 rupees),

a ring that lets you fire arrows faster (999 rupees) and two magic rings (850 rupees).

One of the best parts of this quest in my opinion is all the secret stuff you can find.

Hidden bosses, hidden minigames, hidden item upgrades, hidden Heart Pieces, hidden Trading Sequence stuff.

I myself sometimes forget what I have and haven't done.

I'm not sure how long it will be until I'm done, but hopefully before next year's Expo.

Edited by ywkls, 13 November 2019 - 11:06 AM.

• Eddy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users