what is the best metroid tileset?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#16 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:39 PM

Maybe I should try my hand at drawing that stuff, no promises though.

#17 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

Asdf5000 drew his own Metroid Tileset to build his quest "Metroid: Mother's Brain Return", but that set totally sucks! icon_thumbsdown.gif

Edited by Pokegamer1989, 07 October 2006 - 12:50 PM.

#18 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Oct 7 2006, 12:38 PM)
Oh, that's yours? Well then, are you ever going to release it? And I know Exate sucks at organizing tiles in his Metroid sets. BTW, Deathbringer, his HTTD Set is a 2.11 set, so it got removed from the Database. Because 2.11 tilesets aren't allowed in the Database.

View Post

I may realese it but then again, I realesed the Majority of the good stuff already. For your last comment, I already knew that quite awhile ago. Didn't you see the comment I made about it before the submission got deleted? Sheesh.

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Oct 7 2006, 12:48 PM)
Asdf5000 drew his own Metroid Tileset to build his quest "Metroid: Mother's Brain Return", but that set totally sucks! icon_thumbsdown.gif

View Post

Oh come, give the guy some credit for actually making a custom set instead of a premade set.

#19 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(Deathbringer @ Oct 7 2006, 12:55 PM)
I may realese it but then again, I realesed the Majority of the good stuff already. For your last comment, I already knew that quite awhile ago. Didn't you see the comment I made about it before the submission got deleted? Sheesh.
Oh come, give the guy some credit for actually making a custom set instead of a premade set.

View Post

You remember when Exate said he would never release his MXL and MTPP sets, but then, he decided to submit them. But they're for 1.92B1.82. icon_confused.gif
Oh and, everybody who rated Asdf5000's Metroid quest gave it such horrible ratings because of the crappy graphics and the fact that the quest was really short! icon_thumbsdown.gif

#20 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Oct 7 2006, 01:58 PM) View Post

Oh and, everybody who rated Asdf5000's Metroid quest gave it such horrible ratings because of the crappy graphics and the fact that the quest was really short! icon_thumbsdown.gif

Have you played that quest? It is entirely not worth the download. Besides the mediocre custom boss at the end, the quest is pathetic. And the entire quest is built on less than half a map; that is way too short.

#21 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:06 AM

Yeah, and I saw a lot of crappy graphics in the quest! icon_thumbsdown.gif That didn't even look much like Metroid to me. icon_thumbsdown.gif

#22 sci

sci

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:46 PM

I have Exate's tilesets now... Definetly a good submission! I will probably not make a sidescroller... Too complicated, although metroid is a sidescrolling game, You cant jump in zelda classic... ruining the fun. icon_sweat.gif .

#23 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:12 PM

Anyway...instead of rating some guy's quest who obviously had enough punishment already from the quest comments, let's talk about Metroid Flashback. The graphics came STRAIGHT from the NES game. It's a mediocre quest, though. Basically in the same sense of the original NES Metroid, only overhead view. The custom bosses are ok, though, although I think I saw what was coming with Ridley before I realized there was a custom boss at the end.

#24 sci

sci

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(sci @ Oct 11 2006, 04:46 PM) View Post

Anyway...instead of rating some guy's quest who obviously had enough punishment already from the quest comments, let's talk about Metroid Flashback. The graphics came STRAIGHT from the NES game. It's a mediocre quest, though. Basically in the same sense of the original NES Metroid, only overhead view. The custom bosses are ok, though, although I think I saw what was coming with Ridley before I realized there was a custom boss at the end.
I liked that game a lot. It was not too bad of a game.

Edited by sci, 14 October 2006 - 05:36 PM.

#25 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Oct 11 2006, 05:12 PM) View Post

Yeah, I've played that Metroid quest before. It was based on previous Metroid games, but the author used a modified NES Metroid set to build it. That NES Metroid set in the Database was never finished by the way. icon_confused.gif

#26 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Oct 7 2006, 01:38 PM) View Post

And I know Exate sucks at organizing tiles in his Metroid sets.

I take it that you never have tried to make a tileset before.

#27 sci

sci

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:42 PM

I have a question about exates tileset (both of the ones included). What are the guy tiles (the people you put to make shops, give an item , ect)? I cant find what they look like

#28 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(sci @ Oct 14 2006, 06:42 PM) View Post

I have a question about exates tileset (both of the ones included). What are the guy tiles (the people you put to make shops, give an item , ect)? I cant find what they look like

He didn't use them. They're invisible because putting Guys in a Metroid quest is stupid. No Metroid game did that for making text appear. There weren't any shops. Don't even THINK about making new Guy tiles, or... or... Or I'll cry! icon_cry.gif

#29 sci

sci

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Oct 14 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

He didn't use them. They're invisible because putting Guys in a Metroid quest is stupid. No Metroid game did that for making text appear. There weren't any shops. Don't even THINK about making new Guy tiles, or... or... Or I'll cry! icon_cry.gif
i wasnt gonna make guy tiles... i was gonna make em' invisible, but now that i know what they are... no need to worry about it.

Edited by sci, 14 October 2006 - 05:47 PM.

#30 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(trip i fall @ Oct 14 2006, 05:05 PM) View Post

I take it that you never have tried to make a tileset before.

Well, no. icon_neutral.gif I probably couldn't make a good Metroid set either. icon_neutral.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users