Zelda Classic 2.50.2

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#286 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:07 AM

It's another bug inserted into Windows support for DirectDraw. Running ZC with GDBI video drivers may help.

Try adding these to your ag.cfg file under the [ZELDADX] section:

gfx_cardw=GDBI
gfx_card=GDBI

I dunno if this has anything to do with anything but I'll say it anyway uh...

I was getting some really bad screen tearing in 2.50.2 during fast movement... Like it looks gross, often. So IDK what "vsync" is but it sounded like it could be it so I tried flipping the bit on that option. Anyway I couldn't get the screen tearing to come back after restarting, actually, vsync or otherwise, so IDK what the deal was there but, with vsync on I got 40-50fps, even though I could turn off the frame limit and get almost 200... and this time no amount of playing youtube videos in the background would fix it. IDK if it's related but it's interesting that turning that option on resulted in similar symptoms.

I am also getting what can be described as screen tearing on 2.5.2. Whenever I scroll, there is always a section of the screen somewhere (usually towards the left edge of the screen) that does not scroll at the right time

I'm not really an expert on this, but I feel like screen tearing is more common when using fullscreen, or having the game run in a scaled resolution.

• Anthus likes this

#287 mikegonzalez2k

mikegonzalez2k

• Members

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:13 AM

Please fix the issue with the Flippers automatically triggering when you are half way on a block. 

I'm currently playing the quest END OF TIME DX.  It has a water temple where you have to use your Hammer to hit all the moles.
However  some of them are 1 space across from you over some water.
When I inch across to make my player half way on the block and extend out to hit it, the event call makes me jump in the water and swim with Flippers.

Here is a screenshot for reference.
https://www.dropbox.....34.32.png?dl=0

#288 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:21 AM

Please fix the issue with the Flippers automatically triggering when you are half way on a block. 
I'm currently playing the quest END OF TIME DX.  It has a water temple where you have to use your Hammer to hit all the moles.
When I inch across to make my player half way on the block and extend out to hit it, the event call makes me jump in the water and swim with Flippers.

Please try this using ZC 2.53.0 (Beta15) and see if the problem has been resolved. I recall Saffith fixing the hammer range last year.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#289 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

Is it like What You see link doing here? Basically link going onto a solid water tile and jumping over?

this is in the alpha 23, will check later in the A 28 on a new default qst.

and in the 13, 14, 15, betas

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Edited by EnnonFenom, 13 April 2018 - 11:02 AM.

#290 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

Is it like What You see link doing here? Basically link going onto a solid water tile and jumping over?
this is in the alpha 23, will check later in the A 28 on a new default qst.
and in the 13, 14, 15, betas

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

I utterly avoid anything related to ladders, and swimming.

#291 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:13 AM

I utterly avoid anything related to ladders, and swimming.

I am not sure what you mean? ladders?  

That is to be bridge, What the problem is, You can't make water tiles solid/un walk able via the pink selection. if there is a way I do not know it. So if link is swimming and comes to this section made solid. and a walk able tile is next to it he hopes over. instead of the stopping.  and is in the 2.50.2  but he just swims through like water. I can upload a video if necessary.

But I realized  A possible solution for mine as a work around. 

And

mikegonzalez2k issue is when a water tile meets a walk able non water tile half way on the water sprite appears on link, the has been in zc the whole time I have ever used it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users