Photo

The Legend of Zelda: Nightsong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (11 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

~ The Legend of Zelda: Nightsong ~

Now, I'm not really the one to be announcing new quests, but this one has been in the planning stages for a good few years now, and I think it's a good time to reveal this one.

Description/Backstory:

The original quest idea was not really mine. I've just chosen to work with it, because my friend who came up with all of this is currently stationed in Japan. He is an amazing novelist at that, and has really picked apart the Zelda storyline to create something rather amazing. I'm going to utilize a lot of his ideas, although change some here and there, but keep most of it the same. I did personally choose the title, because I find it very appropriate for what you'll find out. This is a quest I really do want to finish, but like the way I am (plus with upcoming college, the SAT, Senior Project, etc.), I don't know. It's at least an interesting idea to propose.

General Story Idea:

After Vaati destroyed the sword of the Picori and took over Hyrule, searching for a mysterious power, a humble child of the blacksmith had the sword reforged and empowered, and defeated him and saved the land. Years passed with peace, and the legendary Four Sword was kept in the sacred shrine hidden within the castle, with the royal family sure enough that if the sword was ever needed again, it would be safe. Year upon year passed, though, and soon the descendants gradually kept the tale as a legend, not the history. But the history was not forgotten by all. There were few that remembered, and so one was raised in the way of the hero. He was raised in the garb of green trees, taught swordsmanship, and taught the morals of the past hero. He was revered and loved by the people, if only for his raising, though. He soon left the humble village of his raising, and became a royal knight of Hyrule. His talents were impressive, and he soon earned his way up to becoming Captain of the Knights. At first, peace reigned under the supposed spiritual descendant of the hero. He fought for the people and defended the weak.

But, soon enough, confusion and danger had taken a visit. A diplomat from another nation came to visit Hyrule, but complications were made. Initially it seemed as though a simple visit to discuss matters of trade, but things went wrong when a dead soldier had been found in the deeper, less populated parts of the castle. The diplomat was nowhere to be seen, and yet the people swore that they'd seen him leave well before the body was discovered. There was too much suspicion, and so Hyrule began to take up arms. The Captain of the Knights, the hero himself, immediately decided that he would lead the sieges himself. And so it all began within a simple patrol in a nearby forest...

But all the while, there seems to be more than just a war beginning to rage. Somewhere closer than the people think, artifacts of the past have been tampered with. The Four Sword is revealing much more about itself. Seals are weakening, and so are the intentions of those thought to have been permanent. Conflicts between the mentor and the descendant arise, and murder is committed. All the while, no one is entirely sure what is exactly happening atop Death Mountain.

Allegiance must be pledged. Outcasts and thieves turned hero, and pirates and raiders turned swashbuckler. Will you become the next piece of Nightsong?

Features/Info:

I think my most important factor to include is that Link is indeed a main character, but never controllable. It's probably easy to guess who will be controlled, but if you can't guess, then I guess that is a good thing. icon_smile.gif Perhaps an important factor to include is that my friend's favorite Zelda games are A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and The Minish Cap. Although one of these does tie in with the main character, I'm just pointing out that elements of each will be borrowed from greatly.

The tileset that I have chosen, is a heavily modified classic. Thanks to efforts from Old-Skool, Blaman, and Saffith, this has been made possible, of course. At the moment, a lot has been planned mostly on paper and in my mind, and a dungeon and part of the first overworld have been mapped out in ZQuest.

Screenshots ('tis all I've really got, I don't even have dialogue to reveal that wouldn't spoil too much):

IPB Image
Some generic forest. It may appear slightly familiar, but not in layout.
IPB Image
Another shot. The waterfall didn't exist in the original...and you may see what I mean soon enough.

IPB Image
Colored piles of dust? Remember what I said in the last section.

IPB Image
Statues? Maybe. Just maybe.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

This sounds very, very good. I'm trying to figure out why the screens are familiar, but no luck yet. Still, it looks great. 9/10 for now.

#3 Harken

Harken

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

Oooh! Remade NES graphics are always cool! It sounds quite interesting... I'll give it a 9/10!

#4 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

I really like the storyline, sounds epic.
One thing though, the MC mountain was Mount Crenel...not Death Mountain. icon_razz.gif

#5 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

Screenies look great and the story is indeed very gripping. I'm very interested in this. icon_biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users