26 replies to this topic

#1 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:30 AM

Hello! I wanted to share the Discord server I'm starting up, the 
Z-Zone!

It's a fun, community oriented server centered around events and contests. These will include things like quest contests, screen design challenges, and more. We'll also be hosting events, which will include things like quest / project expos, and things outside of ZC like game servers, game races, non-ZC game contests, and the like.

Our rules:
- Don't be inflammatory, overly rude, etc.

- Don't spam.
- Try to keep discussions safe for work. This especially goes for images.
- Keep private drama private if at all possible.

Everybody is welcome to join, so if you are interested, join here!

I have privately archived the server since it has died and due to its controversy. See the last post of mine (presumably?) in the thread for more details.

Edited by coolgamer012345, 17 February 2022 - 08:47 PM.

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 7 others like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:39 AM

And for the record this is NOT the Zed-Zone!  :whap:

• Anthus, Eddy, Jenny and 4 others like this

#3 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:55 PM

We have dev support now! As well, we're setting up some more events soon, so stay tuned  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

• Shane and Hari like this

#4 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:36 PM

An with that, the Z-Zone Terraria server has begun! Server's currently up (join for the info ;0) , and will be up for a few more hours today. I'll post a hosting schedule later. Tentative schedule is from 6PM to 10PM, daily (flexible depending on if I can host longer or not). I realize that's not very long but I'm currently finishing up classes and don't have time to host for much longer.

Edited by coolgamer012345, 18 May 2020 - 04:45 AM.

• Shane and Hari like this

#5 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:40 PM

We've started playing Among Us together. If you have the game and would like to play with us, you know where to go!

• Shane, Eddy, Avaro and 1 other like this

#6 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

We have a new quest contest starting up! It'll start October 1st and run to the end of the month. The theme of the contest is: Autumn

For those interested, feel free to join the server.

• Magi_Hero, Eddy, Hari and 1 other like this

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:19 PM

Hey!

I just want to thank everyone that has helped contribute a warm, casual atmosphere in the group - you guys are seriously the best and what truly make the ZC community worth it! We are always striving to create a community that promotes Zelda Classic and its users foremost so if you're interested in that or even just a casual place to talk about a variety of topics, feel free to jump on in!

In addition, we also host the occasional game servers - all are welcome to join! We also kickstarted a new server feature - project channels! For people to promote their projects on and anyone's able to have one! 

• Magi_Hero, Nathaniel, Eddy and 2 others like this

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 03 December 2020 - 01:25 AM

Hey guys! We're hosting a quest contest that lasts for ten days! It has a special theme, but you have to join to find out. ;)

• Anthus and Joelmacool like this

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 13 February 2021 - 03:24 AM

Oh yeah, that contest was successful! Thanks to those that participated in welcoming Eddy back in the form of "fun" quests. :) Maybe some will be on the database some day?

Hey!

I just want to thank everyone that has helped contribute a warm, casual atmosphere in the group - you guys are seriously the best and what truly make the ZC community worth it! We are always striving to create a community that promotes Zelda Classic and its users foremost so if you're interested in that or even just a casual place to talk about a variety of topics, feel free to jump on in!

In addition, we also host the occasional game servers - all are welcome to join! We also kickstarted a new server feature - project channels! For people to promote their projects on and anyone's able to have one!

With the recent surge of members and activity, we might be able to reach 100 soon enough... wow! Now's a good time to remind everyone again that we're thankful for giving Z-Zone a chance and helping to build an open, cool community. We couldn't have done it without you amazing people.  :love: And also remember, if you have any suggestions to help Z-Zone become more engaging, feel free to let us know!

(Reminder also that those who call it the zed-zone shall receive the electric chair.)

• Magi_Hero, Eddy and Hari like this

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:05 AM

Oh yeah, that contest was successful! Thanks to those that participated in welcoming Eddy back in the form of "fun" quests. :) Maybe some will be on the database some day?

I certainly had an "interesting" experience, you could say :P

• Shane likes this

#11 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 13 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

Reminder that the Z stands for Zed.

• Shane, Eddy, Hari and 1 other like this

#12 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members

Posted 28 June 2021 - 02:51 PM

The Z-Zone had a 24 Hour Contest a few days ago, I've been told I can post the entries here.

Orithan's Entry Info:

ZC version: 2.55 Alpha 92

Its been tested and is completeable.

Oh and warning: Because of a ZC bug, the X/Y button items persist after exiting the quest. It is highly recommended to close ZC after you're done playing this quest. Also because of a ZC bug: Using Bombs on either X/Y auto-assigns them to A.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Shane's Entry Info:

Note: Need Alpha 93 to be playable, provided here - http://timelord.inso...zc-dev/2.55/93/
Tip: Campfires are built-in ZC save points, there is no Continue Menu.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

• Anthus, Mitchfork and Shane like this

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 June 2021 - 04:16 PM

I'm really impressed by how many systems Orithan's quest has for being 24 hours. And he even managed to sneak in an epic four phase boss the likes of which I've never seen before on top of it all. And another boss after that. Crazy!

• Anthus likes this

#14 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 28 June 2021 - 07:06 PM

I'm really impressed by how many systems Orithan's quest has for being 24 hours. And he even managed to sneak in an epic four phase boss the likes of which I've never seen before on top of it all. And another boss after that. Crazy!

Most of these systems were assembled in the quest before the 24 hour contest period started. The rules allowed me to put together scripts and assets from announcement, June 22nd, just no screens before then.

Rough timeline of features implemented

Edited by Orithan, 28 June 2021 - 07:16 PM.

• Anthus and Moosh like this

#15 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 28 June 2021 - 09:56 PM

I'm pretty happy with my entry. I did no prepping and winged it in less than 24 hours. Was honestly good to use ZC again after a decent break. :)

• Anthus, Moosh, Jared and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users